calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Oh, I loved them on my JKU, and I am sure I would get over the width on the Gladiator if I actually went that route. I loved the low step when they deployed! Where are you guys mounting the buttons for manual operation when they doors are off?
It comes with a bracket, just mounts up super easy.

3DE698CE-4BE8-43F8-85D2-505151DEBAEB.jpeg
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Oh, I loved them on my JKU, and I am sure I would get over the width on the Gladiator if I actually went that route. I loved the low step when they deployed! Where are you guys mounting the buttons for manual operation when they doors are off?
I have the door delete kit installed (x2, needed for front and rear). I just drilled out a couple spots on my B pillar, just below the panel that pops off to remove the doors.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Curious to see how they are holding up and whether you feel like you made the right decision with the RSEs?

I had AMPs on my JK and replaced two motors in 4 years. Even though their warranty was great, I am a little reluctant to go with AMP. I do like AMP wider step.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Curious to see how they are holding up and whether you feel like you made the right decision with the RSEs?

I had AMPs on my JK and replaced two motors in 4 years. Even though their warranty was great, I am a little reluctant to go with AMP. I do like AMP wider step.
honestly it’s been my favorite upgrade to date. Holding up very well, not one issue. No regrets at all. The flimsiness of the aluminum boards completely deterred me from buying the AMPs.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
honestly it’s been my favorite upgrade to date. Holding up very well, not one issue. No regrets at all. The flimsiness of the aluminum boards completely deterred me from buying the AMPs.
Glad to hear that, and I honestly think they look better than AMPs. Did you go with RSE LED light kit? Do you think think door bypass activation can be wired into one of the AUX switches?

Sponsored

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Glad to hear that, and I honestly think they look better than AMPs. Did you go with RSE LED light kit? Do you think think door bypass activation can be wired into one of the AUX switches?
No I used a better kit from Amazon it was 1/3rd the price and I was able to light up the entire opening versus only a couple feet.

yeah it’s just a regular switch nothing fancy you can hook it up easy.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
No I used a better kit from Amazon it was 1/3rd the price and I was able to light up the entire opening versus only a couple feet.

yeah it’s just a regular switch nothing fancy you can hook it up easy.
good to know, thanks. Can you post the link for the LED kit you used? wire splicing was required, correct?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
If you have a big lift, the RSE steps offer another advantage - you have a platform to walk around your cab and step into your bed. You step on the step, get on the platform, shuffle to the back, step over to the back tire, then, swing over your leg to get into the bed. The platform also nice for washing or messing with the soft top or hard tops. You can also sit on the platform with the door open.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
If you have a big lift, the RSE steps offer another advantage - you have a platform to walk around your cab and step into your bed. You step on the step, get on the platform, shuffle to the back, step over to the back tire, then, swing over your leg to get into the bed. The platform also nice for washing or messing with the soft top or hard tops. You can also sit on the platform with the door open.
Where is the best place to buy these? At $2200 this is a big ticket item. Curious to see what you have paid.. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
good to know, thanks. Can you post the link for the LED kit you used? wire splicing was required, correct?
Lights
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXR799...abc_CF7VEVKQDF1HVTV8YQGB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I cut them to the correct length then resealed them with silicone to keep them waterproof.
I also bought these so I could just plug in versus cutting and that way everything remained stock and waterproof too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FP1HXHQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Where is the best place to buy these? At $2200 this is a big ticket item. Curious to see what you have paid.. Thanks!
I bought mine at Northridge4x4 with 10% off on Black Friday. I bought the armor, lights, and 2 door delete kits. The lights are definitely worth it. The armor is thick and heavy and seems worth the price. The motors require 20 amps, so, yes, you can use aux switch 1 or 2 (40 amps) and use the ground by the passenger kick panel, but, you also want to install the RSE switch by the drivers door, so, you can just reach in to an open window and turn the steps off. I have not installed the door delete kits yet. I will probably install them later this summer.
Yes, the kit is very expensive, but, the engineering, manufacturing, and overall quality is outstanding. All my passengers absolutely love them. My 83 year old mother can now get in my 3.5" lifted truck with 37s without any help and no strain -- the key is the 12 inch drop of the step -- nothing else on the market that gives you that much drop.
The walking platform - and the blocking of debris from tires that poke is also a great added benefit to saving your paint.

Last edited:

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon