Another Stop/Start system issue - and a total dealer meltdown

HK31

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Sorry if this should go somewhere else. Ten days ago my Gladiator with 5000 miles signals a “stop start service system” warning. I pull over, shut down and restart. Clears it. Drive a little ways and then a new warning “vehicle will shut down soon, please go to a safe place”. Before I could pull off, dead. With every light twinkling.

Had to find the release pull for neutral and get pulled off the road.
Dealer replaced the small battery, then found faults and blown fuses. It will be another week for a relay and new fuses, etc.

Stopped at the dealer today to request a loaner. What a nightmare. Went out to get my insurance info - and here’s what I find. Jeep parked, windows down with plastic bags over them, the day after a hurricane rolled through. Soaked. Everything.

Treated like crap when I complain. Treated like crap when getting the loaner. Curious what you guys think I should do/ask for. Already concerned about electrical gremlins. Now soaked inside.

Dealer is Jeep Ram Chrysler of Franklin TN

Jeep Gladiator Another Stop/Start system issue - and a total dealer meltdown C4B31760-F7A2-48BC-A788-58401069E2F4
Jeep Gladiator Another Stop/Start system issue - and a total dealer meltdown CA7DC10E-4B5D-412C-8408-A4D87F081D53

Jeep Gladiator Another Stop/Start system issue - and a total dealer meltdown EACF7C5F-1EEC-466E-84CB-A386AE3ECCDB
Sponsored

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
NO excuse for this. At the very least the whole interior should come out and be professionally cleaned and dried. Your insurance company might do it and fight it out with the dealer. This is no different if the Jeep got hit on their parking lot. It's their fault. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It was in their care and custody, they are responsible, as responsible as if the thing fell off a lift.
I'm no lawyer, but that's my take. Had it been broken into that might be different - but they knew the weather, they knew what they were doing.
IF your insurance company pays - they'll likely want to go after the dealer to get reimbursed.

OP
OP

HK31

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It was in their care and custody, they are responsible, as responsible as if the thing fell off a lift.
I'm no lawyer, but that's my take. Had it been broken into that might be different - but they knew the weather, they knew what they were doing.
IF your insurance company pays - they'll likely want to go after the dealer to get reimbursed.
I really don’t want to get my insurance company involved. Seems that only hurts me with higher rates and deductible. They need to fix this. They screwed it up.
In my opinion they need to warranty the vehicle for anything electrical for as long as I own it.
We shall see...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One good thing - these are made to ford water up to 30" and are made to handle a rain for what, so many hours, something like that. In other words they can sit out in a rain with the roof off.........
I'd still be all over this dealer for leaving a vehicle out like that, windows down - theft and vandalism were a high risk.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Sorry if this should go somewhere else. Ten days ago my Gladiator with 5000 miles signals a “stop start service system” warning. I pull over, shut down and restart. Clears it. Drive a little ways and then a new warning “vehicle will shut down soon, please go to a safe place”. Before I could pull off, dead. With every light twinkling.

Had to find the release pull for neutral and get pulled off the road.
Dealer replaced the small battery, then found faults and blown fuses. It will be another week for a relay and new fuses, etc.

Stopped at the dealer today to request a loaner. What a nightmare. Went out to get my insurance info - and here’s what I find. Jeep parked, windows down with plastic bags over them, the day after a hurricane rolled through. Soaked. Everything.

Treated like crap when I complain. Treated like crap when getting the loaner. Curious what you guys think I should do/ask for. Already concerned about electrical gremlins. Now soaked inside.

Dealer is Jeep Ram Chrysler of Franklin TN

Jeep Gladiator Another Stop/Start system issue - and a total dealer meltdown EACF7C5F-1EEC-466E-84CB-A386AE3ECCDB

That sucks, I hope they do right by you. /c:

That being said, man the wheel/tire lift setup is nice... its a sweet looking build. What size are those tires, what lift did you do? I'm picking my Sting-Gray maxtow soon and trying to find a skinny tall looking tire like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HK31

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That sucks, I hope they do right by you. /c:

That being said, man the wheel/tire lift setup is nice... its a sweet looking build. What size are those tires, what lift did you do? I'm picking my Sting-Gray maxtow soon and trying to find a skinny tall looking tire like that.
4” mopar lift running 37’s. All done by the dealer...

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I used to live in Franklin and I hate that dealership. After Franklin fixes this... good luck... go to Premier in Mt Juliet for Jeep service and repair.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
One good thing - these are made to ford water up to 30" and are made to handle a rain for what, so many hours, something like that. In other words they can sit out in a rain with the roof off.........
I'd still be all over this dealer for leaving a vehicle out like that, windows down - theft and vandalism were a high risk.
Yeah. Door electrics are all shieleded pretty well, rugs are designed to drain and dry. I would just insist they owe you a full interior/exterior detail when you choose.
What I can’t get past is that they can’t fix it right away and don’t just cough up a loaner.
Sponsored