Sponsored

Service Stop/Start System

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I’ve got 620 miles on mine and have had this Stop/Start Unavailable message pop up 4 times now. Mine has a Nov ‘19 build date so it apparently sat on the dealers lot quite a while until I bought it 2 weeks ago. I just put a trickle charger (Battery Tender) on it to bring both batteries up to 100%. Hoping this fixes it. If not, I’ll try disconnecting them both for a bit as suggested above, I guess last resort would be take it to the dealer. I’m hoping this is a temporary problem.
Jeep Gladiator Service Stop/Start System 81A15E0C-C6C2-4CD1-8430-5FEF4AD3E4A8
Sponsored

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
I fixed mine last Friday. They replaced the main battery and charged the secondary battery for a couple of hours. They mentioned my lights on my light bar and stated they would only fix this issue this one time. They really didn't care they were dealer installed and already on my truck when I purchased it. But for now it is fixed.
Did you "remind" them how the lights came be on the Jeep???

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
There should be a way to undo this permanently from the ECU. There should be a way to eliminate the puny second battery permanently. I know.........it's EPA thing. But it shouldn't leave you stranded when it messes up.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Did you "remind" them how the lights came be on the Jeep???
I did, he basically said something about having to go to that dealership then if i am trying to get warranty work done with anything battery related. They just "good willed" it this one time.

BBoyles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired USMC
@amsobh
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this trouble with your Gladiator. If you would like us to look into this further for you, feel free to send our team your VIN in a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
My Gladiator Overland has been at dealer for a week now with Start/Stop issue that has not been resolved and dealer not providing much info on issue.
Hi Dylan,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look at your continued concern? We would be happy to add assistance to your dealer visit. Our team is available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares
I'm having the same issue. I will just wait until I take the Gladiator in for the first oil change. I have two recalls that need attention as well.
Same issue here. My Overland has been at dealer for a week with no fix to problem yet. After reading all these threads about start/stop issues you would think a fix could be found. Where is Jeep Cards when you need help?

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My Gladiator Overland has been at dealer for a week now with Start/Stop issue that has not been resolved and dealer not providing much info on issue.

Same issue here. My Overland has been at dealer for a week with no fix to problem yet. After reading all these threads about start/stop issues you would think a fix could be found. Where is Jeep Cards when you need help?
We would be happy to assist you with this concern. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mine was a simple fix. I just had to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes. When I reconnected everything worked and I haven't had any problems since then.

BBoyles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired USMC
We would be happy to assist you with this concern. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
My vin is 1C6HJTFG0LL175266. My jeep has now been at dealer 2 weeks now and still no diagnosis. Service manager working with Chrysler but no fix yet.

bjohnsonmn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Had the issues.
For me, I had a stored message of stuck starter solenoid, which was caused by a bad battery. They took the battery out and found a bad cell. So, New battery replaced and the Start/Stop is actually useful now. It shuts off while I am in line in the drive-thru and ordering.

I had a few other issues pop up at 3,000 miles, all taken care of by the dealership. The AC was overfill at the factory (slushy sound when the AC kicked in), and an RSS on the PCM software version. They flashed it to remove a bug that can cause false CELs.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My vin is 1C6HJTFG0LL175266. My jeep has now been at dealer 2 weeks now and still no diagnosis. Service manager working with Chrysler but no fix yet.
Please send us your VIN in a private message. In order to protect your private vehicle information, we would be happy to assist you further there. Thank you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

BBoyles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired USMC
Please send us your VIN in a private message. In order to protect your private vehicle information, we would be happy to assist you further there. Thank you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Kathryn, thank you, I am not sure how to private message on this forum.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Kathryn, thank you, I am not sure how to private message on this forum.
Click on the name, in the left column, of the member you want to message. Click on the Start Conversation button in the info box that pops up.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm in the sizeable camp that hates ESS. So I was thrilled when that system stopped working on my Gladiator last Jan. 1. The light and "not working" warning message was on for nearly 10 months with no adverse effects. But when I took the vehicle in to have a dealer re-program the computer for 35" tires a couple of weeks ago, the re-programming fixed the ESS system. Crap. Now I have to remember to push the button every time I start the Jeep.

BBoyles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired USMC
Click on the name, in the left column, of the member you want to message. Click on the Start Conversation button in the info box that pops up.
Thank you Mr. Bill

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just an update on mine 2 months later. Warning light has not come back. Charging the batteries individually and disconnecting them from the vehicle for 30 minutes worked. Only issue I have is caused by my short commute(~8 minutes). I get the ess battery charging message fairly frequently now. ESS does work and will activate if I drive a reasonable length though. But I also turn it off quite a bit. I hate coming up to a stop sign just to have the engine turn off right as I need to take off quickly..
Sponsored