First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 2006 chevy ssr 1996 geo tracker
Occupation
Retired
i hauled jeeps until i retired and have a gladiator now .
if dealer will not will not work with you.
ask them for the zone reps number and watch them cringe ...
' if they will not give it to you.
go online and do a search for it then give him a call and an email
.have a paper trail.
he will help jeep does not want there rep tarnished and a bad dealer is not what they want
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Sorry to hear about what happened to your truck. We had the same message come up recently about the stop/start feature being disabled. We brought it to the dealership and were told that it’s happening because we’re doing a considerable amount of local driving with constant stopping and starting. The battery that is used for this feature is small and doesn’t have adequate time to recharge. It kind of makes sense. Just be aware and you might possibly want to disable stop/start when driving around town. I know, it kind of defeats the purpose of the feature to begin with. This is an oversight when this was designed. The battery should be larger and it would be nice if battery voltage low was monitored and system automatically disabled feature without this error message. The dealership should take care of you. Good luck.
Weird, when my battery gets low for the start/stop it just says that it isn't ready. This happened to me when I was out wheeling a month or so ago. Took about 30+ minutes of driving highway speeds to get it to come back. While it has low battery it just doesn't do start/stop.

Rico1174

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Sport S)
Occupation
Federal Agent
Sorry if this should go somewhere else. Ten days ago my Gladiator with 5000 miles signals a “stop start service system” warning. I pull over, shut down and restart. Clears it. Drive a little ways and then a new warning “vehicle will shut down soon, please go to a safe place”. Before I could pull off, dead. With every light twinkling.

Had to find the release pull for neutral and get pulled off the road.
Dealer replaced the small battery, then found faults and blown fuses. It will be another week for a relay and new fuses, etc.

Stopped at the dealer today to request a loaner. What a nightmare. Went out to get my insurance info - and here’s what I find. Jeep parked, windows down with plastic bags over them, the day after a hurricane rolled through. Soaked. Everything.

Treated like crap when I complain. Treated like crap when getting the loaner. Curious what you guys think I should do/ask for. Already concerned about electrical gremlins. Now soaked inside.

Dealer is Jeep Ram Chrysler of Franklin TN

C4B31760-F7A2-48BC-A788-58401069E2F4.jpeg
CA7DC10E-4B5D-412C-8408-A4D87F081D53.jpeg

EACF7C5F-1EEC-466E-84CB-A386AE3ECCDB.jpeg

I find it deplorable the way that they treated your Jeep. And to think, you bought a mopar lift from this dealer had it done there. Isn't there a relationship here? I mean those items aren't cheap? At the minimum @JeepCares should at least get involved to the point where you can be given answers about why you were treated this way!!

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I would roast them wherever I could find them....I'm sorry you gotta go thru this BS, man....but at least you got it better than Jeff Lebowski.

OP
OP

HK31

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
i hauled jeeps until i retired and have a gladiator now .
if dealer will not will not work with you.
ask them for the zone reps number and watch them cringe ...
' if they will not give it to you.
go online and do a search for it then give him a call and an email
.have a paper trail.
he will help jeep does not want there rep tarnished and a bad dealer is not what they want
Thanks - working on exactly that.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Weird, when my battery gets low for the start/stop it just says that it isn't ready. This happened to me when I was out wheeling a month or so ago. Took about 30+ minutes of driving highway speeds to get it to come back. While it has low battery it just doesn't do start/stop.
Mine does the same. I have seen it that message several times. I would prefer to yank that extra battery and bypass the system all together. More tech, more problems.

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm really hoping someone comes out with a way to just eliminate this whole system from the vehical. Causes more problems than it solves.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really hoping someone comes out with a way to just eliminate this whole system from the vehical. Causes more problems than it solves.
ESS is integrated into the whole system, it cannot be eliminated. There are devices that can be installed, or other hacks that can be employed, that will prevent ESS from activating and turning the engine off. The ESS battery, which is behind many of the problems, can be eliminated by installing a Genesis Dual Battery Kit. The installation instructions for the Genesis Kit may provide some insight on how to eliminate the ESS battery without buying the whole kit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
thats interesting. And pretty true of my driving of the vehicle - but I do turn it off a lot given it shuts the AC down.
Really? Interesting - it shuts your AC down? Not on mine. It does a good job maintaining cabin temp.
I've never had a problem - if the AC is needed, the ESS doesn't stop the engine. If I have AC active and it's starting to fall behind, it starts the engine. I've never had any errors or had it mess with AC. AC just simply works. I've had times where the engine did not shut down when I expected it to, but it's supposed to be smart enough to know when not to.
If I don't want it to shut down, like I know it's a stale red light and about to turn as I approach, I light-foot the brakes and the engine won't shut off.
I control whether or not the engine dies simply by how I apply the brakes and how I hold them. The brake pedal is pressure sensitive for that purpose.
In short, it works perfect in mine and I can even control whether or not it will shut down. And if it does, if I let it, it starts if the AC begins to fall behind - and this year, our temps have been way above normal and the humidity high so the AC has run a lot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Look for it to be more common in all makes. It's been around for many years for reasons. And like with mine where it works just fine, it's caused no issues at all. I have complete control over it via the brake pedal pressure.
As more and more localities pass laws and rules and ordinances, look for an increase in these systems.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
EXACTLY how it's supposed to work. It will say it's not ready. I've not had that happen, but that's how they do it.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’ve had this happen a handful of times.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
https://www.chryslerdodgejeepramoffranklin.com/staff.aspx

Doug Sisler is the owner and David Heimgartner is the General Manager. Each name has clickable contact information. I would email Doug (CC David) telling him you've had an unfortunate experience that happened at his Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership, it needs immediate attention, and that you'll be calling him to explain the situation and discuss next steps.

It's absolutely laughable that a vehicle sat out in a hurricane with its windows rolled down and glorified plastic wrap was used (and defended) as a plausible solution. Car cover, canopy cover, quick battery hookup to provide temp power to roll windows up, or freakin push the damn vehicle in the covered garage during the hurricane.

@JeepCares this is the kind of garbage that just can't happen at Jeep dealerships any more. You've got the Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming that's supposed to fill the $60K - $80K range; this kind of dealer BS will not fly.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
ESS is integrated into the whole system, it cannot be eliminated. There are devices that can be installed, or other hacks that can be employed, that will prevent ESS from activating and turning the engine off. The ESS battery, which is behind many of the problems, can be eliminated by installing a Genesis Dual Battery Kit. The installation instructions for the Genesis Kit may provide some insight on how to eliminate the ESS battery without buying the whole kit.
Absolutely this.

I went through three aux batteries within two months due to issues. Instead of just getting a notification that ESS was disabled, the jeep would not start at all. So I said fuck this and got the Genesis kit. Haven't had issues since.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
you could always buy a tazer mini and disable the start/stop system entirely
Sponsored