Sponsored

Anyone take advantage of the wild resale values?

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Carmax doesn’t give me an offer. It says something like “your car is rare so please make an appointment for an appraisal.”
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Well I sold my 20 Durango SRT this spring with 3000K on it for $2800 more than I paid. Was a no brainer, miss that 392 though, but not the premium fuel or mpg. Does that count?

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I can't think of what I would replace it with, but I have somewhat thought of it.
I had a 1999 Ford Ranger that I sold in this market. My (half-assed) plan was to buy something else in a manual to replace it, which was 2 months ago....because the prices are so high I may not replace it. I have a 2015 BMW M235i that I've thought about selling, but what would I replace it with....?

silverandscout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
I sold my 2019 Tundra Limited in Sept. for more than the purchase price when new. I ordered my '21 Mojave the next day. I'd wanted a Gladiator since day one, but the ONLY reason I was willing to take advantage of this high market value and sell my Toyota is the sub-invoice deals identified in this forum. It's not very often that you can have your cake and eat it too. I was able to thread the needle, and I love my Gladiator Mojave that I picked up last weekend for $7K+ under sticker. A contributing factor was, and as others have also stated, I already had a spare vehicle, so doing without a truck for as long as was necessary was not an issue. Good luck.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I read these threads sometimes and get curious about doing it, but then do the math and the taxes just don't make it worthwhile. Are you guys in states with zero sales tax on vehicles? Registration?

On a pure base cost value I could easily get more than I paid, but taxes and registration would easily eat up my profits. Not to mention taxes and registration on whatever I replace with.

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
I don’t think this is as good as everyone thinks it is, unless you are pocketing cash. Here’s why.

You may be getting a ton more for your trade than you were, but your also paying a ton when you go to buy another one.

The prices on all these vehicles are absolutely insane now. 45-50k for vehicles with 70k miles on them. I saw a new bronco at a dealer for 90k. 90…k.

I saw a blue power wagon for 46k that has 72,000 miles on it.

so really, I don’t think it’s much different. Now if the buyers market wasn’t marked up as much as it is now, then I might agree, but they still have to sell all these vehicles they are buying for more than they bought them for.

just my opinion.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
well, I jumped...
I traded Super-Duper-2 in on Thursday on a 2022 Chevy Tahoe RST Diesel order.
Found a dealer that would order the Tahoe at MSRP (only one of five that I visited, one wanted $5k over MSRP, one wanted $15k over, two wouldn't even order one).
They gave me $52k for the Gladiator.
Let the waiting game begin...

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yep...bought my 2018 JLUR for $43k ($7k off sticker so that helped) and traded it this June (almost exactly 3 years later) for $46,500 with 20k miles. I still got $2k off my Mojave too so I couldn't be happier. Loo over the Gladiator way more than my Wrangler!

Cheers

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I got more for my Toyota Tacoma - which I didn't like anyway - than I paid for it, and traded it in for my Rubi. IDGAS how much they offer me for my Gladiator. It’s not going anywhere…

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
The market in my area is still super hot for jeeps. Toying around I called a few dealers and can get close to 55k trade in for my Mojave. Almost makes me want to custom order one with all the bells and whistles and break even on a trade.

Anyone have any recent success stories?
Yup! I special ordered a loaded Rubicon gasser April 2020 for 7% below invoice. Only thing it didn’t have was a diesel motor and body matched hard top. April 2021 I special ordered a loaded rubicon with diesel and the one option the first didn’t have, body color matched hard top lol. I special ordered it from the same dealer, same 7% below invoice. Put 7k miles on it and they gave me 2500 over what I paid them for it. Couldn’t be happier! Best part is because I’m located in FL my trucks 57k trade in was a huge tax deduction on the new one. I paid about $400 in taxes only as opposed to $3500ish. Though I started my payments over (cool with that) I am only $4 more a month than the gasser.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
well, I jumped...
I traded Super-Duper-2 in on Thursday on a 2022 Chevy Tahoe RST Diesel order.
Found a dealer that would order the Tahoe at MSRP (only one of five that I visited, one wanted $5k over MSRP, one wanted $15k over, two wouldn't even order one).
They gave me $52k for the Gladiator.
Let the waiting game begin...
You traded you Gladiator in for a Soccer Mom Car.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I don’t think this is as good as everyone thinks it is, unless you are pocketing cash. Here’s why.

You may be getting a ton more for your trade than you were, but your also paying a ton when you go to buy another one.

The prices on all these vehicles are absolutely insane now. 45-50k for vehicles with 70k miles on them. I saw a new bronco at a dealer for 90k. 90…k.

I saw a blue power wagon for 46k that has 72,000 miles on it.

so really, I don’t think it’s much different. Now if the buyers market wasn’t marked up as much as it is now, then I might agree, but they still have to sell all these vehicles they are buying for more than they bought them for.

just my opinion.
Well I didn’t trade mine and came away with $2800 more than I paid for the Durango. Paid cash for the JT and banked the difference.👍🏽

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You traded you Gladiator in for a Soccer Mom Car.
Wow, that’s rude.
I always thought the Tahoe was a cool SUV.

Reactions: JP1

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I went to the dealer I bought my JTR from to see about ordering a Gecko. That is the color I would have gotten if it was available 2 years ago. They offered me MSRP on the order and only $42 on my trade. I bought it from them for 6% under invoice so it was a good deal. But 42 seemed like an insult in this market. Not that they are a standard but KBB and NADA showed at least $48. Maybe if I had really pushed it but it wasn't any kind of deal and would have put me over 10k out of pocket to make the switch.
Sponsored