Sponsored

Auto Start Stop Failure/Then complete loss of power failure--Gladiator dead in its tracks

jjowers

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Launch edition)
Occupation
Management
Hootbro,
Sounds like a likely scenario. Too bad the fail happened while we were in NC mountains and not close to home, I would have towed home and diagnosed and fixed myself. But at least I'll pick her up today. Hopefully the saga of fails ends here. j2
Update:
Arrived at dealership (3 hr drive). Paid, got in Gladiator, pushed start….click, click, click. Service tested primary battery…dead. Service Manager got a goodwill approval to replace the battery. Saved another $313. Sigh. Ready to go home after the new battery is installed. j2
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Update:
Arrived at dealership (3 hr drive). Paid, got in Gladiator, pushed start….click, click, click. Service tested primary battery…dead. Service Manager got a goodwill approval to replace the battery. Saved another $313. Sigh. Ready to go home after the new battery is installed. j2
Sounds like you had 2 batteries crapping out and they threw in a PDC for the hell of it. 👎

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
And, that's why they claim there is a PDC core charge. So, that you can't get it back to test it.

I would at least ask to see it (PDC) when picking up the truck. My guess (again) is that they never replaced it so they won't have the original to show you. Because.... its still in the truck.
If me, I would be calling them out to prove the core charge and to see the part. The whole thing sounds fu
Update:
That dealership still came out ahead after the "Goodwill" replacement.

elrubijt

First Name
Camilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Designer
Update:
Any update on how your JT is holding up? I just had this happen to me 2 weeks ago.

I stopped at a light and when I took my foot off the brake, I got the ‘Auto Start/Stop Disabled’ light along with a check engine light. I turned it off, wait a minute or two and tried to turn it on and nothing! Wait a few more minutes and then every light in my Jeep started flickering for a minute or two and then it went dead! Tow truck driver tried to give me a jump and got no reading from my Jeep’s batteries so I towed it to my dealership in Puente Hills in CA. They just keep telling me they can’t find the issue and are having their techs look into this.

I’ve had my JT since 2020…driven from coast to coast twice and done countless other trips and never had an issue but I’m getting a bad feeling that this issue is not going to go away that easy and all the forums I’ve seen surrounding this issue have not helped to change that emotion!

OP
OP
ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1999 Cherokee XJ, 1977 L82 Corvette
Sold the 2020 sport that had the issue and now have a 2021 Overland that so far is fine with close to 20K miles. For the 2020 Sport I had, they had to replace both batteries (the auxiliary auto start underneath main battery and main battery), and the fuse block. There are many other threads on this topic and all point to the he auxiliary auto start battery being the culprit. Some have bypassed it (cheap fix) and others have added a two full size battery kit (expensive), but I don't plan to do either until I am out of warranty. Heard about warranty nightmares even if you make the slightest change to anything electronic.
Sponsored