Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Still like the idea of messing around behind just one tail light and plugging in a single harness - just that the one lead needs to be longer. Otherwise the concept is great, the connectors good, sealed, etc. The draw is so minimal I see no reason to change to a two piggyback method (opening two tail lights)

I just tried mine - was waiting until I could tell from inside the truck since it won't let me get out with it in reverse. It's now dark in the garage. Holy cow - WHITE light, I mean white, and I lit up the entire garage addition behind my truck. Thought I was going to burn the paint off my car in the addition. Well, not quite that bad, but it did light up the big door that was behind the car and I could literally see everything back there clearly.
2 7mm screws to remove other tail light, pnp harness plugs in, wire drops Down, connects to light, zip tie SLACK, DONE! Simplicity is way more valuable to me, and I’m assuming others. This is how it should have been don’t. Even their new headlight kit with integrated turn signals includes 2x pnp harnesses to get the turn signal to work, one for EACH side. Just my 2 cents. Love the lights (wish lens was diffused), pnp harness, not so much. Not coming down on you at all. Just constructive criticism for this product and hopes they’re do it the “right way”. Wouldn’t be hard to do, they have the pnp, harness, just revise for a drivers and passenger side version.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
2 7mm screws to remove other tail light, pnp harness plugs in, wire drops Down, connects to light, zip tie SLACK, DONE! Simplicity is way more valuable to me, and I’m assuming others. This is how it should have been don’t. Even their new headlight kit with integrated turn signals includes 2x pnp harnesses to get the turn signal to work, one for EACH side. Just my 2 cents. Love the lights (wish lens was diffused), pnp harness, not so much. Not coming down on you at all. Just constructive criticism for this product and hopes they’re do it the “right way”. Wouldn’t be hard to do, they have the pnp, harness, just revise for a drivers and passenger side version.
The turn signals aren't a good comparison because they are wired different on each side.
The backup lights get the same exact signal on both sides.
They'd double their costs for a second harness. Extending the wire on the existing is a net 0 cost change in the end. Simplicity to me is taking out one tail light, pulling down one single red tab, pressing one lock, pulling one connection apart and inserting one extension. (also less risk to the fragile tail light connection pins and the tail light clips themselves.)
Just me - I prefer easy and fast.

GladiatorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Got my pnp harness today!! got my lights installed with a little difficulty with that pin position. went to install pnp harness to taillights but wouldnt click in. tried both light assemblies but wouldnt click in. upon inspection of pnp harness, male pins keep pushing out like they are too big.?? contacted Oracle but they want a photo of it. Just send me a new one please - i have waited how long now??
I'm having the same issue right now. Can't get the tail light to click in with the PnP harness. Did you hear back from Oracle? @ORACLElights @JP_Oracle

margrxsalt

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Thanks Oracle, agree with some of the sentiments on here, one to two more inches of harness wire and we are golden. Anyway after a quick email on how to cheat another inch, it was remedied. Great light output. Suits my needs backing up my steep driveway at night. Would post a pic at nite but no assistance available, I keep telling my pup she needs opposable thumbs!

BE1B049F-E8C9-4FE8-9167-D09F1C34DC10.jpeg

97D196E6-81AC-4C50-8BFB-E232EC7BC688.jpeg

FBDCE57A-2ACB-4759-91BC-AB244B62A3FA.jpeg
how did you cheat the harness. my wont reach. Thank you

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
I'm having the same issue right now. Can't get the tail light to click in with the PnP harness. Did you hear back from Oracle? @ORACLElights @JP_Oracle
Hey, I had this issue also. My experience was the white piece of the plug that holds the pins is not seated into the casing properly. This causes it to not click into place. I was able to use small needle nose pliers to push each pin further down into the white piece. You have to do one at a time. Once they are all loose you can push the white piece down and it all clicked into its proper position.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored

GladiatorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Hey, I had this issue also. My experience was the white piece of the plug that holds the pins is not seated into the casing properly. This causes it to not click into place. I was able to use small needle nose pliers to push each pin further down into the white piece. You have to do one at a time. Once they are all loose you can push the white piece down and it all clicked into its proper position.

Hope this helps!
Going to give that a try. Thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I simply pushed harder AFTER I made bloody well sure that the pins weren't bent or there wasn't some other reason. In my case it felt springy as if I was compressing air - and finally with a good push it was like the air went out and it clicked and I locked it in.

GladiatorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link

Hope this helps!
Well I was able to push the pins down one at a time and then the white piece then did seat property after that. I'm able to plug in the tail light and it clicks in place BUT it doesn't work. Reverse light on the driver's light doesn't come on and the LEDs also are not powered. I did see the flights flash on for about a second then stayed off after that. I removed the oracle PnP harness and did confirm the tail light reverse lights works when plugged into the factory connector. I'm guessing I have a bad harness? All the pins on the oracle harness are straight and not bent.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) tempImageej9bpR

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Are you guys putting a light coat of dielectric grease or silicone on the rubber seals of the plugs? Weatherpac plugs need a light film of lubricant and they will slide right in a snap into place.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Just installed mine with the PNP kit. I’m not sure if I did something drastically different than others but I have my wire running to the passenger side without it being incredibly tight as some have posted. Would another 1-2 inches make sense so we can run it how we want and zip tie it where we need it. Sure. Deal breaker. Not at all. I did end up putting one zip tie on the run to the passenger side to keep it from bouncing around. I do also plan on adding a switch with a diode to turn on the lights at my leisure. More on that later. See below pictures and video. Night shots to follow.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 93960A11-4D8E-4B6C-A012-085A0D784F67

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 0CA103F1-299E-4339-9C4E-B1EC5DBF44FE
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) C64E4405-0DE5-4F14-8017-1576FE97CE6B

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 5C6F0579-62B4-47AE-B2C0-689FA69C0504

Nice job @ORACLElights

Sponsored

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just finished mine up. PNP harness worked without issue. I also added a hot input from my AUX 4 to control them independently from the reverse lights. I took that opportunity to lengthen the PNP harness since I had to open it up anyway for the AUX input and given the multiple complaints of being a little too short.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_161047
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_170410
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210703_110911

LowerSlower

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th JT
Gladiatorpilot - Same issue I have, I took out the drivers side reverse light, and the oracle lights worked. I believe it has to do with amount of amps that it is pulling and the system is seeing it as an error. I look through the thread and it seems most people have Led taillights. I ordered a set of led lights to see if my theory works, if it does that should hold me till the oracle taillights ship.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Just finished mine up. PNP harness worked without issue. I also added a hot input from my AUX 4 to control them independently from the reverse lights. I took that opportunity to lengthen the PNP harness since I had to open it up anyway for the AUX input and given the multiple complaints of being a little too short.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210703_110911
How’s your aux wired with the diode? I am going to try to look for one at a store nearby, Amazon doesn’t have it at the moment.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Gladiatorpilot - Same issue I have, I took out the drivers side reverse light, and the oracle lights worked. I believe it has to do with amount of amps that it is pulling and the system is seeing it as an error. I look through the thread and it seems most people have Led taillights. I ordered a set of led lights to see if my theory works, if it does that should hold me till the oracle taillights ship.
So you think this doesn’t work properly with non-LED lights?
Sponsored