First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Who cares about how the pics are setup they are awesome and like Opa said sometime , somehow we have to get out that way. Thanks for posting, I was loving it thinking yup we can do this until the Wrangler standing on two wheels picture, but still think it is a trip needed to do.
…..Jack
Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I was loving it thinking yup we can do this until the Wrangler standing on two wheels picture
Don't fret that picture at all. Crown King has bypasses around almost all of the obstacles. I can't even tell you how many times I have been up that trail but I can tell you I have done every obstacle on that trail in a bone stock JKUR and a bone stock JTR (and various iteration of builds on those. I have even done the trail with a group of my buddies and one guys TJ lost the ability to go into 4WD and he still made it. One other comforting thought is that even if you run it on a weekend, it is a very busy trail (in fact some might say too busy) and there will always be someone along to help if needed.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Great pictures. We did Crown King a couple years ago on our annual trip out west. Made for a long day coming down from Sedona and going back, but I really enjoyed it.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Don't fret that picture at all. Crown King has bypasses around almost all of the obstacles. I can't even tell you how many times I have been up that trail but I can tell you I have done every obstacle on that trail in a bone stock JKUR and a bone stock JTR (and various iteration of builds on those. I have even done the trail with a group of my buddies and one guys TJ lost the ability to go into 4WD and he still made it. One other comforting thought is that even if you run it on a weekend, it is a very busy trail (in fact some might say too busy) and there will always be someone along to help if needed.
That was the bypass LOL. But it was too wet

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That was the bypass LOL. But it was too wet
Yeah, some of that trail can be dicey when wet. Probably my favorite memory on that trail was one time when my old man (not only is he my dad but he is 83 too) came out and wanted to run some trails. So the wife and I loaded up our JKURs, mine is a 2016 and hers is a 2018, and headed out. When we got to the creek by the mine, it was flowing really heavy and there were a half dozen vehicles stopped. I asked one of the guys standing there what was up and he told me a horror story about the water running through the creek and said there was a guy from there group who was trying to make it up…but right then he came backing down out of it. Everyone standing there hung their heads. As soon as he was back with the group I just drove on by and straight up the creep. It was maybe axle deep.
both Jeeps just plowed on through and we never saw that group again, not even up in CK. I chuckled the whole way…

Sponsored

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
What a great ride and such a great place to see! The bar at Crown King is awesome!
Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) 1683564961906

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, thank God
This whole area is fantastic. I rode the easy way past Bumblebee and Cleater. Definitely worth the trip, either way you chose.
Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) 1683573713740

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Don’t miss the Bikini competition at the Cleator Yacht Club!
Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) 1683573841243

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Great trip!

It's been a bit since we did that run (before it became a BOH trail) and my wife and I were stock at that time. It's a great trail! Looking forward to doing it again.

I'm in the AZ area, are you part of a group or do meetups? We are looking to go with groups.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Great trip!

It's been a bit since we did that run (before it became a BOH trail) and my wife and I were stock at that time. It's a great trail! Looking forward to doing it again.

I'm in the AZ area, are you part of a group or do meetups? We are looking to go with groups.
I used to run a Meetup group but got kinda burned out so I usually go out with AZJEEPERZ. There’s a Gladiator group too
Check out Valley Gladiators on Meetup https://meetu.ps/c/4Yx65/10CtF6/a

Sponsored

AzGladius

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave JT
Occupation
Electronics and stuff
Been through many times in my JK, still haven't done it with the Gladiator. Thanks for reminding me that I need to invest in some under armor.

a7ezuvun_zps6fcf825d.jpg

azaustin

First Name
Willliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2014 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired
I have been running this trail for 25-30 years in many different vehicles, but I had not taken the JT up there yet. With the encouragement of @Summitdan we did it yesterday and it was an awesome trip!

Dan was coming to AZ for a work conference so he drove out from CO to hit some trails in AZ. I volunteered to be trail guide and put together a good crew to tackle the mountains. We had eight vehicles, three of which were JT’s, and everyone did great.

The back way to Crown King is an epic journey from cactus to pine trees and is arguably the best trail in AZ to see the full scope of what AZ is all about. You start in the low desert and end up in pine covered mountains with a cool little town to stop and enjoy. The trail is long and the obstacles constantly change, and when you reach town you really feel like you accomplished something. IMO this is a well deserved badge of honor trail.

Enjoy the pics!

Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) a7ezuvun_zps6fcf825d
Thanks for the pictures. The first time I did this trail was on my 1970 MH400 Husky in 1973 or ‘74. There was still quite a bit of mining equipment along the trail. The store in Crown King was still a real general store. When I did the trail again (around 2004 on my new KTM 525 EXC) the trail had deteriorated some and most of the old mining stuff had been scavenged. It was still a great trail. Doubt that I’ll get to do it again, but I’d like to. I’m sure my Gladiator would be up to it.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Did this trail on Wednesday. Was in PHX visiting with the folks before going up to Overland Expo. It's been at least 30 years since I last went up. Did it solo so I confess I took a number of bypasses. The last two obstacles required some rock stacking, but nothing serious. No one else on the trail the whole way. Burger was well earned!

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did this trail on Wednesday. Was in PHX visiting with the folks before going up to Overland Expo. It's been at least 30 years since I last went up. Did it solo so I confess I took a number of bypasses. The last two obstacles required some rock stacking, but nothing serious. No one else on the trail the whole way. Burger was well earned!

Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) IMG_7478

Jeep Gladiator Backway to Crown King- Badge of Honor Trail (Photos + Videos) IMG_7478

Good work. Gorgeous trail.
Sponsored

Reactions: PJZ