Sponsored

Banks tuner

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I certainly won’t go as far as to say the Magnuson-Moss act is a magic bullet to get around denied warranty claims. That said, if someone actually takes the time to read the letter of the law, the burden of proof is absolutely on the dealership to prove your mod caused a failure. I’ve seen it stated on this forum multiple times the burden is on the vehicle owner so I decided to look it up. Simply not true.
Who pays a lawyer without feeling it more is the next factor obviously but regardless the law reads as it reads..
You're right about that. However if the manufacturer refuses to warranty the issue, you have to take them to court. Sometimes it's not worth the time or even the money to pursue that case.

For example, I can higher a contractor to work on my house. After all the work is completed I refuse to pay the contractor. Legally, I owe the contractor... But if I don't pay up, that contractor has to take me to court to get a ruling by a judge.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
You're right about that. However if the manufacturer refuses to warranty the issue, you have to take them to court. Sometimes it's not worth the time or even the money to pursue that case.

For example, I can higher a contractor to work on my house. After all the work is completed I refuse to pay the contractor. Legally, I owe the contractor... But if I don't pay up, that contractor has to take me to court to get a ruling by a judge.
That's where the dealer knows they'll win 99/100. Most of us won't waste the time or extra money to lawyer up

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
If the tune you’re running imposes “massive stresses“ on your engine you picked the wrong tuner…
I'd ignore any tuner who would state even a modest increase wouldn't drastically decrease the integrity & longevity of the entire powertrain (symptoms of massive stress being induced). Those conversations, in my experience, always result in "We'll yeah, there's risk involved but we haven't seen many problems at all...".

The opposite is true with experienced tuners who don't need to sell their work. People come in droves from across the country for them. The kinds of tuners that would look at you funny if you were to even ask if what is about to be performed would void a powertrain warranty hah. They'd likely hand you an engine diaper to scare you off for even asking such a question.

Full send on a tune and have a blast, I will any chance I get on any platform I'm exploring. Just go in eyes wide open.

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
Just additional info that I thought I would post here. This is a reply on the Banks Power Youtube channel from Banks themselves when asked about warranty. So take it for what you will...
In regards to the warranty bit, The PedalMonster intercepts signals from your pedal and alters them before sending them to the vehicle’s computer. The vehicle’s computer has no clue it’s receiving altered signals. PedalMonster does not alter the vehicle’s ECM (computer) in any way. When in doubt, simply remove the PedalMonster and its harness. It takes less than 10 minutes. After removal its presence is undetectable; it does not leave a footprint in your ECM.

Tacos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
Can I ask about the MPGs. Has anyone seen a difference either a drop or a increase during normal driving?

Sponsored

Markkabureck

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Union Carpenter
So those that have installed the derringer how was the orientation of the frp sensor plug? The jeep I installed it on was turned completely down and rotated slightly to the passenger side where it is at its absolute tightest location. Removing that was terribly painful

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette

Totally OT, but all they have to do is file a contractor's lien and you best respond to it. They do have to take you to court to force foreclosure. I'm not a contractor or lawyer though.

HANNAMAN74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray JTRD
So those that have installed the derringer how was the orientation of the frp sensor plug? The jeep I installed it on was turned completely down and rotated slightly to the passenger side where it is at its absolute tightest location. Removing that was terribly painful
Mine was the same way. Took longer to get it unplugged than the whole rest of the install. LOL

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Mine was the same way. Took longer to get it unplugged than the whole rest of the install. LOL
I needed my wife’s dainty little hands to do that one 😂

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Really loving this setup with the AeroForce gauge holder. Looks so Clean. Love that I can monitor 8 metrics at one time.

Jeep Gladiator Banks tuner DE0831B1-BE83-48B8-9C92-B910C237DDE6_1_105_c

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Really loving this setup with the AeroForce gauge holder. Looks so Clean. Love that I can monitor 8 metrics at one time.

Jeep Gladiator Banks tuner DE0831B1-BE83-48B8-9C92-B910C237DDE6_1_105_c
Still happy? Was holding out for GDE, which looks to be available in the coming weeks, but they are mail in tune only still.

Yuri

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had it in my truck for approximately 9000 miles already, gone through 2 dealer (free) oil changes, removed it both times, no issues from dealer, and could not wait to re install it after, certainly makes a significant improvement. Got it down to about a 15/20 minute install/removal.

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
I haven't found any notes about how it changes mpg. Does anybody have data on that?

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
Any advice on install. Looking to tackle this today and just kind of scratching my head on the pillar trim. Did you use epoxy to mount or are their bolts under there?
Sponsored