Beware of Jim Shorkey Auto Group

Mr.Handsome

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Please do not make e same mistake I made. I purchased my gladiator at a Jim shorkey auto group location. The experience has been horrible. They are negligent and irresponsible. Brought the truck in for an odd whistle sound. They called me to pick it up and said the whistle was not resolved but they replaced my reaR window. The window replacementhey left shattered glass covering my leather seats and child's car seats. This is the condition they had me pick it up to take home keep in mind.

Every time I bring it in for service I leave with new issues. This is just the tip of the iceberg of my experience.

Please do not make the same mistake I made and buy from literally anywhere else.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Please do not make the same mistake I made and buy from literally anywhere else.
You don't have to have your vehicle serviced at the dealership you bought it from.

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a fan of Cochran's service either. Anyone have experience with Victory in Delmont? I thought about using them in the future.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
When I lived in Pittsburgh I was quite happy with Shorkey for sales and service. I bought from two locations and used three for service.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The window replacement they left shattered glass covering my leather seats and child's car seats. This is the condition they had me pick it up to take home keep in mind.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is limited to your dealer. I remember seeing a few in the Roof Leak thread (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/roof-leak-in-back.25332/) that had a similar experience. Dealers have a glass company come to do the replacement and in some cases the glass company doesn't give enough shits to clean up properly and, in turn, some dealers aren't inspecting the vehicle closely afterwards.

All in all I think Jeep has a real dealer problem. Now imagine paying 100K for a loaded Grand Wagoneer and taking it in to some of these places. 🙄

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
certified 3rd party mechanic when ever possible if I cant fix myself. An independent mechanic is more likely to care about their reputation and quality of their work.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.36.11 AM.jpg

Mr Big

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 LJ, 18 Forester
Occupation
Trucker
I also live in the Pgh area and just joined this forum because we test drove a gladiator over the weekend. I’m still looking around to find the best dealer to order from.

I haven’t heard the best reviews of Jim Shorkey over the years. I can’t believe they would leave pieces of glass on your seats and child seats, that’s crazy.

FormerToyotaGuy

First Name
Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
Dealer service, in some cases, has done more to taint a brand reputation than the actual product, unfortunately.
100% agree with this comment. My wife had an SUV that we got brand new in 2017. It had a panaramic sunroof that had a very annoying "tick" we brought it into dealership she bought it from and each time it came out worse. The last straw was grease hand prints on headliner and a cut in her leather seat. They were also an "Auto group" which owned several different dealerships under different bands and we both heard the "horrible rumors" but it was from a different brand of vehicle so we gave it a try. They tried to jerk us around until we told them we would log a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and sew them.
After, to be fair they offered a brand new model which would be a year newer equally equipped but we were done. She got her money back bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and couldn't be happier.
The dealership we bought her GC from has always been very accommodating, I bought my Gladiator through them and when I brought a friend up to buy his Gladiator Rubicon I was thanked by dealership and offered a complete detail on my Jeep for brining customer in. Customer service goes along way and manufactures should really pay attention to what dealerships have large complaints otherwise it can hurt the brand overall.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Dealer service, in some cases, has done more to taint a brand reputation than the actual product, unfortunately.
And the opposite can be true as well.
An exceptional service experience can help resolve many situations from escalating into a bad feeling of your purchase.
Unfortunately, too many times on forums only the negatives garner attention.
So to the OP, surely there other Jeep dealers in Pittsburgh, if in fact your vehicle is still under warranty.
How did you deal with the broken glass scenario?

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Jeep dealerships are the reason I didn’t buy another Jeep after my 01 gc Until my gladiator. Unfortunately not much has changed in 20 years. Every single dealer in so cal is awful and practically crooks. My Wife has a Lexus that was super easy to buy, flatbed service from home to dealer for maintenance. And they are a pleasure to deal with. dealership Is also very nice. The Jeep dealer looks like it’s in a constant state of disrepair. Yet they sell more cars and have more markup.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep dealerships are the reason I didn’t buy another Jeep after my 01 gc Until my gladiator. Unfortunately not much has changed in 20 years. Every single dealer in so cal is awful and practically crooks. My Wife has a Lexus that was super easy to buy, flatbed service from home to dealer for maintenance. And they are a pleasure to deal with. dealership Is also very nice. The Jeep dealer looks like it’s in a constant state of disrepair. Yet they sell more cars and have more markup.
Servicing my wife's Volvo was equally pleasant. Professional service writers, decent work quality comfy seats with fast wifi, little desks with privacy screens if I need to work, a loaner if I wanted it and a wash and vacuum with every service if you wanted it.

By "professional service writers"I mean they acted professionally.
1) called me the day before the appt to confirm all the information
2) if anything was taking longer than planned, they called me early in the day to let me know so I wasn't blindsided when I showed up and the car wasn't done. And it really wasn't a problem because I was driving around in a new Volvo while it was there.
3) they walked out to the car with me to take the paper floor mats out and to make sure that it was clean inside.

If I bought a $110,000 Grand Wagoneer and got the service that a typical Dodge/Jeep dealer provides, I'd be really annoyed.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
By "professional service writers"I mean they acted professionally.
1) called me the day before the appt to confirm all the information
2) if anything was taking longer than planned, they called me early in the day to let me know so I wasn't blindsided when I showed up and the car wasn't done. And it really wasn't a problem because I was driving around in a new Volvo while it was there.
3) they walked out to the car with me to take the paper floor mats out and to make sure that it was clean inside.

This is exactly the type of service that should be mandatory. There really is no excuse for not having this standard level of device. The last time I took my truck in they didn’t bother informing me until I got there that they would need to keep it overnight. No offer of a loaner or if I needed a ride or anything. That’s just inexcusable.
Sponsored