Sponsored

Bronco Price "Market Adjustment"

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I saw this today in a parking lot special tent sale thing they do every year near me in Indianapolis. I was looking at these Broncos and I there was some things I liked and others I didn't.

I didn't get to stay too long as I was waiting for an appointment for a cell phone and my brother decided to get a flat tire and I went to help him. Just before I left though I noticed a sticker on their 'demo' unit.

How the hell are you going to try to justify a $25k makeup and call it a "market adjustment". None of the employees knew I was there until I audibly laughed, quite loud, at this. WTF?

IMG_20210901_154936.jpg

IMG_20210901_154928.jpg
Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
.......and how about that $1400 40" light bar? You would think I would see it in your picture above... because for that price its solid gold right?

Maybe its located under the hood or under the body to help you see what's broken?

Can you imagine the embarrassment of telling someone you paid +$88k for that Bronco... Not me!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I looked for the light bar for a split second and didn't see if. Left in a hurry and didn't ask.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I hate shady dealers. My wife and I were looking at a Kia Telluride with an MSRP of $43k - the dealer had a $22k markup similar to that (I forget what they called it). We walked away laughing after the salesman told us that if we didn’t buy it someone else would! I’m sure he was right, but my wife wasn’t going to be that sucker… 🤡🌍

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I wouldn't call this a "shady dealer". They're disclosing what they want for it in plain sight. Up to the consumer if they feel that is a fair price or not. Nobody's being bamboozled or anything here.

Welcome to any small-production first-year rollout.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They will sell it and your laugh did not make the employees have internal reflection on it.

The situation only exists because there is enough buyers playing the game and falling for it. Until they stop, they will continue to do it.

Also, with the current shortage, many dealers that stuck to even holding the line at MSRP pricing, eventually had third party companies buying their vehicles at MSRP and them immediately flipping them with the same or more adjusted market pricing. No business with a short supply is going to continue leaving that money on the table for others and follow suit with their own ADM pricing.

It is not like the cure for cancer is being held hostage for a high price here. So until supply catches up to demand, this kind of crap will continue.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I hate shady dealers. My wife and I were looking at a Kia Telluride with an MSRP of $43k - the dealer had a $22k markup similar to that (I forget what they called it). We walked away laughing after the salesman told us that if we didn’t buy it someone else would! I’m sure he was right, but my wife wasn’t going to be that sucker… 🤡🌍
A guy I work with is looking for one of these and the local dealer (Taylor Kia in Toledo, OH) had a $17k markup on one.

He went to another dealer an hour away and ordered one.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep dealers did it when the Gladiator came out. I am sure it happens to lots of ‘hot’ vehicles.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Like others have said, it happens with every hotly anticipated new vehicle launch. Would I pay 88k for a Bronco with that hefty bag looking soft top? No, but I guarantee someone will pay above MSRP for it. And that's after it's been on the dealer lot for 6 months as a demo when they're finally allowed to sell it.

Sponsored

CPTRU1114

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
MFG
Vehicle Showcase
Here locally in AZ, they added a $10K market adjustment to a Demo Bronco. By the time they sell it, it will be sold as a used car. However, $25K is insane. Here goes Ford trying to have a market up like they did and are doing with the Raptors.

On the Demo Bronco that was here locally, Ford told they they had to keep it on their lot for 6 months and then they could sell it. The purpose was to get people driving it.
:headbang:

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Here locally in AZ, they added a $10K market adjustment to a Demo Bronco. By the time they sell it, it will be sold as a used car. However, $25K is insane. Here goes Ford trying to have a market up like they did and are doing with the Raptors.

On the Demo Bronco that was here locally, Ford told they they had to keep it on their lot for 6 months and then they could sell it. The purpose was to get people driving it.
:headbang:
A friend ordered a new Bronco and sold it within a few days for $12k over sticker. I guess $10k is a deal. :LOL:

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just dropped my new Rubicon at the dealer to have them detail it. They just put a new Willy’s Jeep on the lot with a dealer added Mopar 2” lift, 37” tires and black rhino wheels. They are asking an additional ~$18k for the mods… a salesman saw me checking it out and mentioned how many people were interested in it. The insanity continues…😂

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
It's only worth what someones willing to pay. If they find a buyer good for them. Not my problem.
Sponsored