Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Good thing that additional offset will put additional stresses on the unit bearings.

Cant wait to see the complaining once some real wide tires go on.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Good thing that additional offset will put additional stresses on the unit bearings.

Cant wait to see the complaining once some real wide tires go on.
We need to get ahead of this pronto. @WhatExit?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Following this thread as I made a similar comment on the Mojave build thread. I would think the Mojave has a stronger build to start with minus a few missing things. I like the idea of it having been beefed up more.
I would want a front locker as well and would want the factory gladiator rubicon switch. The locker I can do when I re-gear with 37s. Sway bar disconnects I don't think are a total must have, but there are plenty of better options out there and cheaper (ie JKS disconnects maybe?).
I'd also want the rock sliders at the rear of the tires on the edge of bed. I think I read somewhere that if you do the work after though, there is a bit of cutting involved.

I'd be willing to bet you could even sell the F/R Mojave shocks and springs (keeping those hydraulic jounce bumpers over course!) for a pretty good price and get yourself a good 2.5-3.5" lift. The Mojave shocks are an expensive set up, so I can imagine they'd fetch a decent price.

Plus for some flipping strange reason the Mojave gets the $2,000 discount... but still not the rubicon WTF??

Might have talked myself into this now actually!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
tampahoosier,

Thank you for the reminder of the rear corner guards. I too want those. At the moment, I'm leaning at just using OEM Mopar steel bumpers. I like the looks and I'm guessing they are lighter than most everything else on the market. As strong, probably not, but will meet my needs. I'm going to be very weight focused on this build.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
tampahoosier,

Thank you for the reminder of the rear corner guards. I too want those. At the moment, I'm leaning at just using OEM Mopar steel bumpers. I like the looks and I'm guessing they are lighter than most everything else on the market. As strong, probably not, but will meet my needs. I'm going to be very weight focused on this build.
No problem on the bumper guards. I plan to get one of Roam Offroads front bumpers as they are aluminum. Figure that will be good to help offset a little of the weight when it comes to mounting a winch.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I really like all the updates to the Mojave, but still want the OEM sway bar disconnect and front locker.

Items needed

• Flash computer
That may not be as easy as the tech at the dealership flipping on a software switch. The experience of the fellow who installed his own inverter power to the bed with all OEM parts so he'd have power back there may be instructive. Last I read, the bed on/off power switch he installed would not work, and the dealership told him there is no option to just turn it on for a model for which it was not factory available. So, this may be something for which an aftermarket programmer would be needed--if any of the manufacturers decided to implement it.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I see the snorkel kit is now an option, ive got two questions that hopefully someone has the answer to.

1) does this snorkel kit also come with the mopar cold air intake?

2) is the snorkel section removable?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I see the snorkel kit is now an option, ive got two questions that hopefully someone has the answer to.

1) does this snorkel kit also come with the mopar cold air intake?

2) is the snorkel section removable?
Does not come with a cold air intake and modifies the original air box. As to removable snorkel section, it is not a readily removable piece and is not intended to be an incomplete installation with it.

Rugged Ridge is offering a snorkel kit that makes it optional to either have the high intake installed or a low intake with finish trim and the rear cowl panel area where it meets the windshield.

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-install-instructions.pdf

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a question, how much lift can you put on the Mojave while keeping the fancy stock shocks that come with it? I can't find anything on the amount of travel but I'm guessing I probably can't put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on there and keep my fox shocks can I??

Last edited:

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Here's a question, how much lift can you put on the Mojave while keeping the fancy stock shocks that come with it? I can't find anything on the amount of travel but I'm guessing I can put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on there and keep my fox shocks can I?
The AEV might as well.

Hickoryhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo
Here's a question, how much lift can you put on the Mojave while keeping the fancy stock shocks that come with it? I can't find anything on the amount of travel but I'm guessing I probably can't put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on there and keep my fox shocks can I??
This... This is the question that I have as well. What would putting a couple inches of lift look like on a Mojave? Would you have to replace the shocks as the lift extends the shocks?

which would kinda defeat the purpose if you ask me....

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as the shocks can support about 1.5” more height it should work. The Mojave is supposed to ride 1” higher than the Rubicon.

If I have to sell the shocks, so be it. I’m more interested in the things that are harder to upgrade, as in all the stuff done to frame and mounts

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just found out the hood, cowel, and corner cowel pieces are VERY different. They are raised quite a bit.

I'm wondering if someone might be willing do a Mojave to Rubicon swap. I'd much prefer the Rubicon or even Sahara hood and sub pieces to the Mojave units.
Sponsored