Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks - Any Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
@BuiltRight any idea on timing? Took possession of my Gladiator on 7/13 and have that itch to secure a bunch of gear in the bed. On a side note, I was going through my “Pinterest-type” wish-list of gear I’ve been accumulating and I had bookmarked your BuiltRight panels (I assume for a Ford). Didn’t realize it until I was reviewing my list and thought, “Hey, that name looks familiar.”
Sponsored

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Trust me Matt as much as I want to start adding gear to my rig I am holding off till your product is available to purchase. Most definitely will see you at SEMA.
:involve:
I'm in. I need a place for my hi-lift, CO2 tank, extinguisher, and a convenient way to strap my toolbox in place. I'll have my dog back there and don't want things flying around.
10-4! This will be a great solution for you!
I'm definitely interested. Would be cool of you made it for the front as well like the JCR. I like the orginal side idea better, but it'd be cool to have the front as well. I need a place for the fire extinguisher, maxtrax/xbull, hilift, shovel, and maybe some rotopax.
Yep, that's been part of the plan all along! WIll be a 'separate' product, so that you can choose to buy/use or not as needed!
Also I know its another brand, but I'd love to combine this system with the Leitner rack system and a lockable roll up tonneau cover. I can dream
I think that'd a killer setup! THe Leitner stuff is great.
I agree with wanting a front panel. Would also love something that went around wheel well area. Very interested in an interior option too as I plan a rear seat delete. Please add me to your list!
:like:
Count me in on the RTT solutions...I look forward to seeing the finished option (especially if can be used with the rails...I really want to avoid drilling if possible....

M
Sounds good! Yes, drilling sucks. I WILL NOT make a rack that requires drilling.
I use the NATO fuel cans plus the military 5 gallon water cans, I am interested in the Swiss way of can mounting. I use a simple siphon the transfer fuel to my jt. I was going to use a modified ladder rack to mount my fuel and water. I also want to use a ovm mount from a m35a2 dice for my pick, axe and shovel.
Noted!
Please count me in. I've been holding off as it just makes my wait for my GCM LE that much more painful. However your system answers all those questions I have about were I'm going to stow stuff.
Awesome! Thank you!
@BuiltRight any idea on timing? Took possession of my Gladiator on 7/13 and have that itch to secure a bunch of gear in the bed. On a side note, I was going through my “Pinterest-type” wish-list of gear I’ve been accumulating and I had bookmarked your BuiltRight panels (I assume for a Ford). Didn’t realize it until I was reviewing my list and thought, “Hey, that name looks familiar.”
Awesome! I'm currently wrapping up what I hope is the final revision. I had a few internal struggles regarding occupying space on the rail vs. not and have been running FEA as well as real-world testing to make sure heavy loads stay in place and don't put the panel anywhere near stress failure. The way the Raptor guys beat the shit out of these things has provided a lot of insight into what areas are vulnerable depending on what's mounted to the panels. I'll save the goods for final release, but I think you'll all be very happy with the final product and our thorough design process!

As far as timing, I'll be sending a PM to those on the list with some additional details this week. :rock:

Lastly, a quick note to let you all know how sincerely grateful I am for your support and input! You've already made a huge impact in what the final product will look like and how it will work and install. It's been really helpful to hear in this thread, in others and through PMs how you see yourself using this product. I'll be showing my appreciation with a healthy discount and a special gift (TBD).

Cheers!
Matt

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2020 JTS
Occupation
Public Safety
Count me in! I'm very interested in a product like this, even though I won't be getting a JT until sometime next year.

1. I can see both use cases as being marketable, as not everyone will have the trail rail. Having both mounting options and several sizes of panels would be ideal.
  2. MaxTrax, ammo cans, 5 gal buckets, flashlights (thinking D cell Maglites), cargo tie downs, fishing rod holder
  3. Absolutely! Great place to store a 4 gal Rotopax, high lift, or an axe.
  4. Perhaps you could come up with something that makes use of the space outside the bed behind the rear fenders for mounting rotopax, like the wayout concept but not set into the body:

BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks - Any Interest.jpg
I love the Idea of using the space behind the rear fenders to mount rotopax cans, that Is an awesome Idea, count Avnmech in!

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Love the look of your product, what a brilliant idea! I'd like to use rok straps to secure a 20 lb. Propane tank!

Count me in for the side panels for sure! Although I may skip the front panel, may not. I plan on transporting my dirt bikes a lot, so depending on how easily the front panel comes in and out...

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
One thing I think would be nice (if I ever go 38+ size tires) is a tire mount for oversized tires that mounts to your bed side system. This way the tire could be upright on the front inside of the bed. Most of the bed space would be maintained, as well as rear visibility.
Similar to the original EJS gladiator concept but the tire inside the bed rail. I hope it makes sense.

6a00d83451b3c669e201a511b203f6970c.jpg

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was just about to say EVO has a rear mount solution but that'll block your vision. Could just rely on the backup camera.
The other problem with a bumper mount is that it prevents you from driving with the tailgate open. So no larger loads or motorcycles etc. That's why I like a bed carry option I suggested.
The baja style takes up too much space as well.

Gdavis

First Name
Graig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Please add me to the list! I’m in!

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
Count me in for the side panels!

Sponsored

BRD1941

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M998 HMMWV. 1995 YJ
:involve:

10-4! This will be a great solution for you!

Yep, that's been part of the plan all along! WIll be a 'separate' product, so that you can choose to buy/use or not as needed!

I think that'd a killer setup! THe Leitner stuff is great.

:like:

Sounds good! Yes, drilling sucks. I WILL NOT make a rack that requires drilling.

Noted!

Awesome! Thank you!

Awesome! I'm currently wrapping up what I hope is the final revision. I had a few internal struggles regarding occupying space on the rail vs. not and have been running FEA as well as real-world testing to make sure heavy loads stay in place and don't put the panel anywhere near stress failure. The way the Raptor guys beat the shit out of these things has provided a lot of insight into what areas are vulnerable depending on what's mounted to the panels. I'll save the goods for final release, but I think you'll all be very happy with the final product and our thorough design process!

As far as timing, I'll be sending a PM to those on the list with some additional details this week. :rock:

Lastly, a quick note to let you all know how sincerely grateful I am for your support and input! You've already made a huge impact in what the final product will look like and how it will work and install. It's been really helpful to hear in this thread, in others and through PMs how you see yourself using this product. I'll be showing my appreciation with a healthy discount and a special gift (TBD).

Cheers!
Matt

I would like to have a chance for one also. Please add me to the list

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Definitely interested in the usefulness of those side panels. Looks like a great use of space. Put my name on the list! :)

BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in the side racks - would do the back as well but it would need to not interfere with rockymounts currently on the back rail. Another useful place for a molle rack is behind the rear seats. Here is a shot of what I had on my last truck, though I don’t think we have the room to do this on the JT...

bFaGOSy.jpg

oEfsc2N.jpg

J33P3R

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator RLE
Vehicle Showcase
I am in put me on the list please

Status