Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks - Any Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Could I? Certainly. The issue is that I can see that it's quite a complex manufacturing challenge as far as bed racks do and shipping would be a logistical challenge. That's not to say that it can't be done, but it wouldn't be inexpensive (for me anyway).

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind. Saw your PM and will respond here in a bit!

I simply add in the order that hands are raised!

Excellent! We have a lot of customers mounting their Powertanks and Pro Eagle jacks to our Raptor panels with no issue. I'll do a bit more testing and analysis on the JT racks to make sure they can handle the same load (not so much the panels, but the underlying mounting methods), as those are both relatively heavy items.

image_abf3e42c-0836-4a1b-8632-aed150d9a8b6.png

Matt
Any JEEP Patents may hinder the project ! ?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm watching closely . . . your design instincts seem well honed, your "eye" for the right "look" and Function I am getting to be desirous of . You do have a few competitors in full manufacture mode, but they are pricy, one seems only intent on sticking with the TACO, for now . . . ! ? Not sure how I will wind up utilizing my JT bed (When I get it - late 2019 early '20) .
Many here are asking of you - can you make this can you do that . . . ! SO let me throw my wrench into the Que - I intend to remove the rear seat and want to convert that same space with a stylish, strong, lockable (keyed to the FOB) storage unit - permanently mounted . Now as some temporary solutions I've noted the rear hitch cargo boxes and now have discovered a company called DU-HA ? du-ha.com storage solutions for truck beds or inside wranglers . But, do you see yourself or the "Company" delving into this storage thing - that I refer to ? Would a 1-off special order project be too much ? Just weighing my options . . . I got "time" . Thanks for your insight and good luck with the design work . . . I got my eye on that (or similar) low hanging rack system as well .

Sponsored

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Definitely interested.
10-4!
I'm in too. Put me down.

I'm agreeing with a lot that has already been said. I've got trall rail, but some don't - and I do like the idea of something on the front of the bed, and something even over the wheel wells. I'd love for that to be usable space.

The initial things I know I will mount to this are a power tank close to the tailgate, as high as possible. Probably sideways with the valve facing out - and a fire extinguisher on the other side, also sideways as high as possible. This way I can have a bed slide go in and out. The power tank is probably going to be in the way, but I'll figure that out.

I'm willing to beta test on the Trail Rail :angel:
Danbury is a quick drive for me...
All sounds perfect! I'll be picking up a powertank for myself here soon, so I'll make sure to report back on how well it integrates (and make changes as necessary).
Looks good, what does a set of them weigh?

What material are you planning to use for production pieces?

Is the grid properly spaced for MOLLE attachments?
A full set as pictured is probably around 25lbs. The material is a high-grade, USA sourced mild steel. We powdercoat them and I think we'll start plating them before coating just to be extra safe and durable here soon. Yes, the larger rectangular features are to the proper MOLLE spec.
I’m definitely in for these. I saw your F150 video a while back and was really hoping you’d be making these for the Gladiator.

I’m waiting for the diesel, so it’s going to be a bit for me.

I’m also interested in a shorter version to work with the Decked boxes. I’m still undecided whether I’m going to get them, or make something else, but having the option would be nice. They’d only allow 4-5” between the top of the bed and the top of the decked, but I think it’d be super useful still. I’m in for a full sized set either way because decked boxes would be a little ways down my mod list for sure.

Someone else mentioned doing some interior panels. I agree that could be cool, but I’ll be using all 5 seats, so I’m not sure where I’d want them.

Thank you for putting this together!
Awesome! The decked version, like you've noted, may be a thing. Time will tell how many decide to use the decked system and that will help drive our decision.
Count me in! Just tell me where to send the money!!!
You got it! Stay tuned!
If it will work with Molle attachments and look close to the Wayout concept I am in as well.

@BuiltRight - Please bump me to #7 and push @steffen707 out of that spot below since he feels undeserved to be #7. Thanks! :CWL:
:LOL:
Oh no you don’t... I am #2:punch::LOL:
I'll let you guys duke it out. Winner's set gets shipped 12min sooner!
Any JEEP Patents may hinder the project ! ?
Not that we've found. If you're interested in a bit of light reading, here's our patent as submitted (first page below). Our provisional filing date was in 2017.

8CGP96z.png

I'm watching closely . . . your design instincts seem well honed, your "eye" for the right "look" and Function I am getting to be desirous of . You do have a few competitors in full manufacture mode, but they are pricy, one seems only intent on sticking with the TACO, for now . . . ! ? Not sure how I will wind up utilizing my JT bed (When I get it - late 2019 early '20) .
Many here are asking of you - can you make this can you do that . . . ! SO let me throw my wrench into the Que - I intend to remove the rear seat and want to convert that same space with a stylish, strong, lockable (keyed to the FOB) storage unit - permanently mounted . Now as some temporary solutions I've noted the rear hitch cargo boxes and now have discovered a company called DU-HA ? du-ha.com storage solutions for truck beds or inside wranglers . But, do you see yourself or the "Company" delving into this storage thing - that I refer to ? Would a 1-off special order project be too much ? Just weighing my options . . . I got "time" . Thanks for your insight and good luck with the design work . . . I got my eye on that (or similar) low hanging rack system as well .
Much appreciated, Lou! Those that I've seen available for the taco were actually released after I began shipping our Ford fitment systems and some will be in violation of our patent, when granted. I leave that boring stuff to the expensive muckety mucks and just focus on creating new stuff myself, though.

As far as the back seat storage, your comment intrigues me. It sounds like a low volume product, which I'm not really structured to support, but gather the troops and we could certainly talk!

I know I promised some other updates last time, but I've been swamped here with the short week. Will see if I've got anything fun to share today/tomorrow.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Awesome! The decked version, like you've noted, may be a thing. Time will tell how many decide to use the decked system and that will help drive our decision.
Problem with the decked version is you'll only have 7.5" of space above the decked top.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Problem with the decked version is you'll only have 7.5" of space above the decked top.
I don't see the whole Decked thing having practical application in a bed as shallow as the Gladiator.

If they built a drop in to replace the rear seat they might have something.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gather the Troops . . . I . ?, wait what ? I have no troops . . . so it would most likely be a 1-off project . I might have to search sole local & semi local Fabricators (aluminum being the preferred material . . . or perhaps a Hand-Layed Fiberglass with Kevlar reinforcing would be even better . . . ? Light, Strong, Moldable into any shape - thinking contours of the interior minus the rear seating ! ! ! Hmm, think I just sold myself ! You guys work with Fiberglass ?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.