Bumper Reverse Lights

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’ve had the Oracle lights for a couple of years without issue. They’re insanely bright. If I remember correctly when they came out people complained of issues with the length of the wiring depending on how you installed them. I don’t remember running into issues or I adapted.
Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the Oracle lights. I ran them from a separate switch, to be able to turn them on at will. Very bright, easy to install. 3 1/2 years and no issues. Come in handy when I pull in the driveway at night, and walk across the street to the mailbox.

ORACLE Terry

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler JL, Bronco, RAM TRX

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This picture was taken on a fully sunny day. The window on the left is facing the east sun coming into my garage addition. I also had the garage interior lights on. So it wasn't dark in my garage, and yet -
The white light - that's from the Oracle lights and they outshine all of the other light in there.
Also consider - my truck is in the other part of the garage, at least 15 feet or so away from this car. You can tell the light is from the backup lights by the shadows they cast.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper Reverse Lights 20220728_153350

OP
OP
Mr._Bill

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Can you link to this 15% off sale?

Thanks!
This is from the email they sent me.

Prepare for brighter days ahead with ORACLE Lighting! From now until March 17th, take advantage of a refreshing 15% DISCOUNT on our entire collection of premium LED lighting solutions. Whether you're looking to upgrade your headlights for increased visibility or add some flair to your interior, there's never been a better time to enhance your vehicle's style and performance. Don't settle for ordinary – upgrade to extraordinary with ORACLE Lighting.​

Use Code:
SPRINGFORWARD
for 15% OFF your order.​

Sponsored

Paulyester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Do the Oracle lights tap into the reverse light circuits so I don't need to do any crazy wiring? I would be nice to have a manual switch override, but I would prefer to have them just come on when I put it in reverse.

FL Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
This is from the email they sent me.

Prepare for brighter days ahead with ORACLE Lighting! From now until March 17th, take advantage of a refreshing 15% DISCOUNT on our entire collection of premium LED lighting solutions. Whether you're looking to upgrade your headlights for increased visibility or add some flair to your interior, there's never been a better time to enhance your vehicle's style and performance. Don't settle for ordinary – upgrade to extraordinary with ORACLE Lighting.​

Use Code:
SPRINGFORWARD
for 15% OFF your order.​

Thank you!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Oracle lights tap into the reverse light circuits so I don't need to do any crazy wiring? I would be nice to have a manual switch override, but I would prefer to have them just come on when I put it in reverse.
Yes. Very simple. Don't have to be a wiring guru.

OP
OP
Mr._Bill

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You can wire it up in multiple ways. It depends on what you want, and how much effort you are willing to put in.

Oracle sells a separate harness that connects behind the taillight and makes it a plug and play installation.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I've had the oracles on two trucks as well, NE Ohio Salt baths, no issues at all. They're fantastic, and the plug n play harness makes it super easy.

Sponsored

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
Quality with their backup lights? That's new to me.
i've seen talk of tail light issues, but my Oracle backup lights have so far been in 2 Gladiators - who knows about the future.
My truck has been crusted stern to stem with ice and slush and packed snow and when plowing I sometimes have to back up hard into the snow I have piled up (and packed) to get turned around and make another pass. No damage.

Perfect - can't say, can't compare to anything else, but I'd buy them again with no reservations.
that is how I'm understanding the oracle issues as well. They make solid products but just can't get right with the tail lights.

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
dude it is SO easy

ORACLE Terry

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler JL, Bronco, RAM TRX

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
You could add this T-Harness. It isn't necessary but could make your life a little easier.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-lighting-7-pin-trailer-wiring-t-harness-adapter-plug
no no no, this one:

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...adiator-reverse-lights?variant=39347283656801

at least one vendor offers this as a package with the lights, just wondering if it's a factory package or what.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...acle-rear-bumper-led-reverse-lights-w-harness
Sponsored