First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
After a TON of discussion with James from Clayton and my local shop here she is! Quality of the Clayton equipment is top notch and I couldn't be happier with the results.

For those of you wanting details, this is the Clayton 3.5" Overland+ full lift kit, Fuel Ammo D701 wheels, Falken A/T3W 37x12.5r17 tires, Fox Shocks, Fox Steering Stabilizer, aFe apollo high tuck exhaust. Next week I am re-gearing to 5.13's only because I will be towing and adding Adam's front/rear driveshafts as I do wheel it.

Put it to the test yesterday with a 7 hour ride that included snow, ice, mud and highway and I was CRAZY impressed with even the 4.10 gears. Drove SUPER smooth, even saw 8th gear multiple times and steering was nice and tight. Minimal body roll with the 3.5 too. I'm coming from a '18 JL with a 3" fabtech lift on 35's and I feel like this drove even better than that. Highly recommend @Clayton Off Road! Even pulled a Grand Cherokee out of a very deep snow ditch with ease (last pic, can't see the tow line too great)

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW IMG_0983.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW IMG_0984.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW IMG_0991.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW IMG_0995.JPG
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Great Looking Truck ! Congrats ! You will love the Clayton lift and 5:13 gears. Lots of power and torque with the 5:13 gears, I love mine ! Completely different truck - super torquey.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
After a TON of discussion with James from Clayton and my local shop here she is! Quality of the Clayton equipment is top notch and I couldn't be happier with the results.

For those of you wanting details, this is the Clayton 3.5" Overland+ full lift kit, Fuel Ammo D701 wheels, Falken A/T3W 37x12.5r17 tires, Fox Shocks, Fox Steering Stabilizer, aFe apollo high tuck exhaust. Next week I am re-gearing to 5.13's only because I will be towing and adding Adam's front/rear driveshafts as I do wheel it.

Put it to the test yesterday with a 7 hour ride that included snow, ice, mud and highway and I was CRAZY impressed with even the 4.10 gears. Drove SUPER smooth, even saw 8th gear multiple times and steering was nice and tight. Minimal body roll with the 3.5 too. I'm coming from a '18 JL with a 3" fabtech lift on 35's and I feel like this drove even better than that. Highly recommend @Clayton Off Road! Even pulled a Grand Cherokee out of a very deep snow ditch with ease (last pic, can't see the tow line too great)

That. Looks. Fucking. Sick.

Well done. I concur on the Clayton quality. How do you feel about the ride on their springs?

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Looks great! I have my 2.5" Overland plus lift on order myself, and putting 37's on as well. I plan on re-gearing to 4.88's. I can't wait to get started on the install! I also went with Fox shocks, but I didn't get the stabilizer. I wonder how much of a difference that makes...

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Looks great! I have my 2.5" Overland plus lift on order myself, and putting 37's on as well. I plan on re-gearing to 4.88's. I can't wait to get started on the install! I also went with Fox shocks, but I didn't get the stabilizer. I wonder how much of a difference that makes...
I did NOT get a new steering stabilizer, new tie rod, new drag link. These parts are stock on mine and it rides like a dream. Just like it did stock. It is probably good to change them for strength, but, not for ride -- unless there is a problem with one of your stock parts. I plan to change these parts, but, I am in no hurry now.
I did buy the "rock jock" rear driveshaft carrier spacer and put that in - It is such an easy install, and it did improve my pinion angle and the length of the rear drive shaft - but, I have the taller 3.5" lift. Note: I kept the Clayton settings as specified in the directions. I am not convinced the "Rock Jock" is needed, but, I think it is a good idea.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I did NOT get a new steering stabilizer, new tie rod, new drag link. These parts are stock on mine and it rides like a dream. Just like it did stock. It is probably good to change them for strength, but, not for ride -- unless there is a problem with one of your stock parts. I plan to change these parts, but, I am in no hurry now.
I did buy the "rock jock" rear driveshaft carrier spacer and put that in - It is such an easy install, and it did improve my pinion angle and the length of the rear drive shaft - but, I have the taller 3.5" lift. Note: I kept the Clayton settings as specified in the directions. I am not convinced the "Rock Jock" is needed, but, I think it is a good idea.
totally agree; i only did the steering stabilizer cause I liked what it did on my JL and my steering was fine stock but this is a little tighter in my mind. I won't replace any other parts now until they wear or break.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Love that look and glad to hear your feedback, my Clayton 3.5 Overland with Fox shocks goes on next week. Will be paired with 37.5 X 12.5 X 17 BFG KM3s. Will tow our little 22' trailer a few times before deciding on a regear. Don't think i 'll need it for our offroading, but time will tell.

Have you seen much settling?

2aadvocate

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG
Did you swap the front driveshaft? What length did you order if so and from who? I ordered my Clayton 3.5 Overland and can't wait to put it on but I wanted to order the driveshaft before hand if possible.
Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had my shop get Adam's 1350 front and rear drive shafts for my build

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you swap the front driveshaft? What length did you order if so and from who? I ordered my Clayton 3.5 Overland and can't wait to put it on but I wanted to order the driveshaft before hand if possible.
Thanks!
I’ve been wheeling my 3.5 Clayton Off-road quite a bit since the lift was put on with no change to the driveshaft and haven’t seen an issue. Maybe in a year I’ll see that there is wear (?), but for now I can’t see the need to put in the extra dollars.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW C5CECCF3-DD5D-439A-9926-106833ACC497

Last edited:

hockeymonkeymark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I did the Clayton 3.5" overland plus, steering stabilizer, axle disconnect skid. Love it. I'm stuck between 4.88 and 5.13 gears. The 4.10's now drive pretty well but I need to make my mind up on gears soon. Lots of hwy, not much towing. I'm leaning 4.88 as it's pretty flat around here. Gas is creeping up and I did lose some power with 37's. Added a high flow banks intake to help some. Front drive shaft is on the list at some point as well. Those guys at Clayton were very nice and helpful. Top notch quality, made in USA to boot.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW 82146BB5-9B7D-47F1-9BCE-308345751E0B
Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW 95B2D4E2-90D0-4082-816D-10CCDDCAA5D2_1_201_a

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Clayton 3.5" overland plus, steering stabilizer, axle disconnect skid. Love it. I'm stuck between 4.88 and 5.13 gears. The 4.10's now drive pretty well but I need to make my mind up on gears soon. Lots of hwy, not much towing. I'm leaning 4.88 as it's pretty flat around here. Gas is creeping up and I did lose some power with 37's. Added a high flow banks intake to help some. Front drive shaft is on the list at some point as well. Those guys at Clayton were very nice and helpful. Top notch quality, made in USA to boot.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton 3.5" Overland+ Lift - WOW 95B2D4E2-90D0-4082-816D-10CCDDCAA5D2_1_201_a
I’m in that same position, but I tow a 22’ camping trailer as well. Still thinking that I want to stay with the 4.88’s to be closer to the stock ratios, but not 100% locked into that decision. My gas mileage is bad enough, I’m not sure I want the additional drop going to 5.13’s or need the additional torque....tough choices...

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in that same position, but I tow a 22’ camping trailer as well. Still thinking that I want to stay with the 4.88’s to be closer to the stock ratios, but not 100% locked into that decision. My gas mileage is bad enough, I’m not sure I want the additional drop going to 5.13’s or need the additional torque....tough choices...
I’m pulling a 23’ travel trailer frequently as well (likely 5500 lbs fully loaded) and an staying at 4.88’s as well based on the advice of a great local off-road shop here in MD. Just waiting to get ours delivered for installation.
Sponsored