First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubicon, '14 Viper GTS, '14 WRX, '14 S7
Occupation
patent attorney
I think i could feel a low-rpm throttle response difference with just a k&n filter. The OEM filter has a lot of surface area, but man it is dense like cardboard.

The k&n filter paired with the borla s-type installed this weekend seems to perform pretty well at low rpm / cruise and seems to have a small mpg bump so far

have the mopar intake ordered, and think the cold air plus k&n filter plus intake tube size and borla will see some really nice throttle response, sound, and mpg. If not, hey the easter egg airbox is worth it, right?:CWL:

Treat yourself to a Pedal Commander too!
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
They work. Search the forums. Look for actual testing done of some sort. Most people here just parrot what they want to believe based on no understanding of how ecu’s work.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar CAI removes the sound baffles and additional air tubing. It provides a small increase in engine volume, mostly noticable under acceleration. I bought one from All Mopar Parts for around $430 (if I remember correctly), with free shipping. The kit includes one of the $120 Mopar washable air filters.
And?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's it. It's looks nice and sounds good, but no noticable performance change. I like it, but can't provide a good reason to buy it.
That's sort of my assumption when you stopped your post where you did.
It would take 6 dyno runs to give me an indication.
First - a JT stock on the dyno - all temperatures and other things fully recorded.
Then swap in a CAI and do the same dyno run - all temperatures and such recorded,
then swap back, do it again and so on until you have 3 of each, alternating each time - not 3 in a row stock then 3 in a row CAI, and not 3 in a row CAI and 3 in a row stock, alternating every other in sequence in the same part of the day - not some in the morning and some in the evening.
I've for years watched drag races at our fall events - starting in the evening and ending up well after dark after the air cools or the atmospheric pressure changes because of nighfall, or cooler air or whatever and it matters. A guy can take a couple tenths off their time just because of the outside air temperatures or higher air pressures as things change.
So it would have to be a controlled environment with ambient air temps recorded and stable and so on.
Even with the dyno sheets for my own car's engine I can see how results changed as the day progressed and things changed - at least they had the ambient air temperature noted - and controlled along with the cooling water temperature and so on very controlled.

THAT would be a test, not all of the YT videos where they go in slanted one way or the other to begin with. I don't put much stock in some of the youtube stuff out there. Especially when I see multiple videos proving opposing results.

If such a video exists with that type of testing in a controlled environment like I outlined, I've not found it ............ yet.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
CAIs are great for those who spend the money and defend them. The truth is the "seat-of-the-pants" performance gains and "the sound" are what you're paying for. And there's a downside to them but rarely will CAI buyers talk about them.

Truth is there are so many better ways to spend your mod money especially on a Jeep. I've been down the CAI road once, years ago, and I'll never do that again.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol u spend 50k on a gladiator what’s another $400 to make it sound meaner.
In may case I own a Gladiator only because my father was killed and left me a few bucks, I sold one of my classic cars to finance the rest. So - there's no money left.
So something also has to prove its worth, prove it would make it better.

(Thanks, Dad - I'd not own this truck if not for you - but I'd rather have you back........)

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
In may case I own a Gladiator only because my father was killed and left me a few bucks, I sold one of my classic cars to finance the rest. So - there's no money left.
So something also has to prove its worth, prove it would make it better.

(Thanks, Dad - I'd not own this truck if not for you - but I'd rather have you back........)
Sorry for your loss but I wouldn’t waste the money on a dyno for a $400 dollar part a super charger yes cai no

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
it never ceases to amaze me how vehemently people will defend an assertion based on zero understanding or information for themselves.

but, thats the internet for you

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
There are possibly more downsides to a CAI than upside and certainly there are better ways to spend $$$ on your Gladiator

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
it never ceases to amaze me how vehemently people will defend an assertion based on zero understanding or information for themselves.

but, thats the internet for you
Kurt!
Stop trying to put logic & reason into this thread!

Anyone who really wants to understand will go looking for some of your previous posts & threads.

Kevin

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Kurt!
Stop trying to put logic & reason into this thread!

Anyone who really wants to understand will go looking for some of your previous posts & threads.

Kevin
indeed. Its why i hvent been around much. The roi on time invested simply isnt there.

supercharger is the best intake ive done yet. Hahaha

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
indeed. Its why i hvent been around much. The roi on time invested simply isnt there.

supercharger is the best intake ive done yet. Hahaha

If you've posted about CAIs on Jeeps go ahead and put up a link(s) as many here could learn from them
Sponsored