Sponsored

Color Remorse

Should I switch from a black Rubicon Gladiator to a red one?

• Total voters

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It's not foolproof but if you can follow directions and have some basic experience with rattle cans coming out right it can be done at home and come off well. I use it as a mask on my grill and hood for winter (plowing does bad things) and honestly it opened up a world of just noodling around with colors and patterns. Think you want to try out a a cool stripe design? dip it and see if it really does look like you thought, if not peel it up and keep it moving.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Knew I wanted this truck long before they went into production - spent years drooling over the AEV Brute, but couldn't spend that kind of money.

Always wanted a red Jeep truck, but wasn't sure about this particular red... so I went with black. Classic, sleek with the matching paint top and fenders. And I can legit wear that t-shirt "I'm the black Jeep of the family"!

But I keep seeing these amazing red Gladiators... and I'm really torn. What do I do?

I don't have a VON or a VIN yet, so I think changing is possible.

Thoughts?
I'm going through the same dilemma right now. I thought my mind was set on black until I took this sexy red JT for a test ride. Now I'm smitten by red and don't know what to do.

20190503_210921.jpg

20190503_210811(1).jpg

20190503_210906(1).jpg

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'm going through the same dilemma right now. I thought my mind was set on black until I took this sexy red JT for a test ride. Now I'm smitten by red and don't know what to do.

20190503_210921.jpg

20190503_210811(1).jpg

20190503_210906(1).jpg
Damn.

JeePM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep GC, 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
Knew I wanted this truck long before they went into production - spent years drooling over the AEV Brute, but couldn't spend that kind of money.

Always wanted a red Jeep truck, but wasn't sure about this particular red... so I went with black. Classic, sleek with the matching paint top and fenders. And I can legit wear that t-shirt "I'm the black Jeep of the family"!

But I keep seeing these amazing red Gladiators... and I'm really torn. What do I do?

I don't have a VON or a VIN yet, so I think changing is possible.

Thoughts?

I feel like your answer was found right in your original post..."Always wanted a red Jeep truck"...

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
Black is too hot for Texas. I bought red everything. In the pictures at the top of this page the truck looks too low and tires look too small. I want a 2" lift with stock tires if I can get away with it...

Sponsored

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I've come to the realization that I won't be getting a Gladiator anytime soon... unless I get the promotion I was told is "on the way". When I get one it's going to be with the Gobi color. I've always loved the sand look on Jeeps and Tacos. Part of me regrets getting my Black JKU and not a different color. This time I'm going to get the color I know I want!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
In the pictures at the top of this page the truck looks too low and tires look too small. ..
I drove an Overland, really liked the trim but the tiny car tires were Sad to say the least. Wasn’t a fan of the wheels either-

I've come to the realization that I won't be getting a Gladiator anytime soon...This time I'm going to get the color I know I want!
Try to be patient & get what you want when you can afford it, you will be much happier, especially with such a big purchase!

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
This si funny you posted this. In 2017 I ordered a new rubi in firecracker red. I have had remorse ever sense. Everything i own is black.

jprcr4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JTR replaced the 2016 silverado

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Just spoke with my dealership - my order went from nothing to a VIN overnight!

So... they said that while I can't change color on this order, they will absorb this order and let me roll my deposit over to a new order for a Red Rubi. When the black comes in, if I want to switch back, they said that I could do that, too. (Not sure I believe that, so may get that in writing.)

Wow!

Gonna start over, Peeps! Crazy, I know, but I really want the Red Rubicon JT!!
... manual transmission
... black roof/fenders (I didn't like that on the black and had upgraded to paint matched fenders and 3 piece freedom top - this will save me some money)
... cloth interior (which will be covered anyway with excellent seat covers)
... spray in bedliner
... cargo group/trail rail system
... bluetooth speaker
... off road group
... safety group
... infotainment system group
... premium lighting
... steel front bumper
... trailer tow package

Want the Mopar 2.5' lift, 35s (what to get??), a bed rack... and maybe a cool Jurassic paint job?

More shall be revealed ~ but THANKS for letting me waffle and helping me jump ship to the RED Gladiator group!!!

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I'm partial to green, so I'm waiting to see just what "Gater" looks like. Truth is, I wish they still had that no wax Sage Green my 93 YJ came in.

IGBTYS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon - MY22 - Sarge Green
Take it from me. I ordered red. I saw black today and it looked amazing. I wish I could change to silver though. Side by side the silver was much nicer than black.
Billet Silver for me!!!
Sponsored