Sponsored

Confirmed: 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) gets 3.0L diesel, hard/soft tops, longer frame, beefier axles

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I am with you Gladiator4Runner, I too have a 5th Gen 4R, I need to determine if the JT will fit in my garage that is well over 100 years old.
Can someone do a mock up based on the frames, how long they think the JT will be overall, and also how long the wheelbase would be? I know this is just an estimate.
My little research, showed the Brute Double to be at 139" WB and 216" Overall Length. I assume that the JT would be similar, but could it be even longer? If the answer is yes, then I will need to stop daydreaming about the JT and start dreaming of a Diesel JLU to replace my 4Runner

I don't have my numbers handy, but I took the JK vs JT frames leaked already, compared the overall JK vs JL lengths and guesstimated the JT's length based on that. It was maybe around 218" I think?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
NOV. cannot come fast enough!

T.K.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V.w. ford, ranger
Shaping up to be a very special truck. I'll get in line to order one.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Along with the longer frame, looking at the rear portion of the cab in spy shots there seems to be a longer wheelbase, too. So perhaps better rear passenger legroom over the JL?

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Along with the longer frame, looking at the rear portion of the cab in spy shots there seems to be a longer wheelbase, too. So perhaps better rear passenger legroom over the JL?
I think so, with some storage behind and under the seats.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
From what the JL specs are the rear leg room has been improved but I agree it would be nice if it has additional space in front and behind the rear seats. I was worried when I first heard about the JT that it wouldn't be a fully removable top but it appears to follow suit with the JL which makes sense from a design and manufacturing standpoint. Plus the added cool factor of having a modern convertible pickup with a folding windshield. Im excited!

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
Yo I’m going to be broke for years to come.... I’m gonna have a sweet truck though!!! :piggybank:

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
Can we get a soft top rendering?

Sponsored

rodhotter

Banned
Banned
First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan frontier SV 2001 audi TT 225Q
i will let OTHERS be the Beta Testers, hoping the issues of sloppy welding as well as poor steering will be solved!! i like jeeps but not being a died in the wool "Jeeper" will not tolerate an inferior build at what will surely be an overpriced vehicle!!! already having a house with more than 2 doors i DON'T want another so only a 2 door with 3 pedals will do for me! a standard cab would be the hardest to resist + it must be better than my excellent Nissan Frontier SV with the 6 spd manual + very torquey reliable 4.0 V-6 engine that is delivering 19 mpg average with a LOT of local short driving + it surely hauls what i need with ease!! time will tell + i am in NO hurry to drop a lot of hard earner $$$$ on an untested totally new model, thats just how i roll!!! good luck to the Beta testers!!
Sponsored