Sponsored

Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Some do, I would still rather do it myself with jscan as you can fine tune the calibration versus just setting it to 37 which will be too big and be off.
The dealer will fine tune it. The only problem is you have to keep making an appointment to get it just right. PIA. I'm getting mine adjusted while they fix my axle leak. It was off by 1 mph (reading slow) at 40+, and about 2 at 75.

On that note, OP, with a 37", you might want to drive it stock for a while to make sure there are no problems, before they start blaming stuff on your 37s. If they won't calibrate it, they probably won't want to warranty it either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PnwGladiatorBuild

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
The dealer will fine tune it. The only problem is you have to keep making an appointment to get it just right. Pia. I'm getting mine adjusted while they fix my axle leak. On that note, OP, with a 37", you might want to drive it stock for a while to make sure there are no problems, before they start blaming stuff on your 37s. If they won't calibrate it, they probably won't want to warranty it either.
I have a 2500 road trip to get it home lol Hopefully all the issues present themselves

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Some do, I would still rather do it myself with jscan as you can fine tune the calibration versus just setting it to 37 which will be too big and be off.
I only do it by comparing odometer to a GPS and/or phone app GPS over a number of miles.
Size doesn't actually get it right all the time either. Even size used by others or what the charts say.
Rolling diameter can be different - vehicle weight, psi, etc.
I'll set my trip meter to 0, set GPS tracker to 0, drive about 20 miles and the truck's odometer/trip meter should match the GPS exactly, to the tenth of a mile.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I see people saying that all the time but I have yet to see anything it does that I want or can't do otherwise.
Well, depends on what you want to do? :P

Here are basically all the things the Tazer can do that Jscan can not. Again, not everyone wants all of them, but if you want even ONE of them, there really are not other options, except for the Auto Start Stop.

I happen to like the ASS disable and the turn cam. I can't see the 3rd brake light strobe, but I know when I see it on other vehicles, it does get my attention, so that's a good thing. I occasionally use the easy activate backup cam, and I find myself using the feature to turn on the bed/reverse lights from the fob VERY handy. People who go to drive in movies seem to like the dark mode feature a lot too. And of course, turning off the license plate lights in reverse makes a HUGE diff using the reverse cam.
Those are all features you can't get with Jscan. For me, it was worth the extra $$$. For you it might not be.

Jeep Gladiator Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done? 1642204625840

Jeep Gladiator Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done? 1642204649181

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I don’t understand the jscan thing. I went on their website but there’s nothing there to buy.

Mudnyeri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
The first 2 dealerships I went to said no. The third said yes. They have been my go to ever since.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand the jscan thing. I went on their website but there’s nothing there to buy.
JSCAN. NET (not COM)

Jscan is software and i believe you download it on their site or if Android, download it through the Google Play Store as I recall... Then yo buy the license for your VIN

Jeep Gladiator Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done? 1642206038257

Jeep Gladiator Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done? 1642205854545

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So just buy what they recommend on the site I guess?
Yes, the security bypass cable for Jeep, and an OBD bluetooth adapter - they recommend a couple or so on their site.