Sponsored

Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

Ian8

You will likely never see that - they have to meet CAFE numbers and certain other restrictions somehow.
There's a city in MN that can ticket people for idling too long at a stop. And that's spreading around the country.
Odd that it's causing such frustration! Especially when it doesn't make the thing any less powerful or any slower.
I simply use my FOOT to control it and it only stops when I want it to, doesn't stop when I don't want it to. Light foot the brakes.
Every restart of the engine uses about the same amount of fuel as idling for 10 seconds. So in order to being using less fuel, you need to have the engine off for at least that amount of time. I turned my auto start off the second day I bought my truck and I am averaging almost 21 mpg with mostly suburban and rural driving.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
How about YOU design the perfect all-new vehicle with ALL the features and creature comforts everyone wants IN THE FIRST MODEL YEAR?!

1596696130705.jpeg
The truck mirrors are a push, I get that, I feel like during their towing testing somebody had to say "these things suck"

The mirrors mounted to the door situation goes back far enough they don't really have an excuse there.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I am extremely pleased with my JT, but would like to see a windshield solution for cracks and breaks and a rear slider delete and just make a solid window.

Bruce

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
If Jeep wanted to put mirrors on the a pillar, it would mean all new doors and different than the Wrangler, which the Gladiator is based off of. Yes, technically this is a first model year, but the Wrangler has been out for a while as have many of the components used in the Gladiator.
This is something they should have fixed in the JL with the redesign making things like the doors lighter and more likely to come off. Probably should have been done on the JK I noticed the stupidty of it within seconds of seeing one.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
This is why I got the Mojave instead of the Rubicon :CWL:
It’s why I got tan leather seats in my Rubi for the first time in my life.

46C69F9E-861F-4002-A95F-D367BEF0D52C.jpeg

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
3. A firewall port to make it easy to pass through

Yes, that would be very handy, especially for the manual transmission owners.

I want a tailgate down idiot light on the dash like the door ajar warning light. Because i'm an idiot and had things fall out when I forgot to close the tailgate.

An OEM electric sliding rear window, I would just prefer no sliding window at all.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
A soft top that doesn’t hang off the top of the roll bar like a tumor. Hate to be vainful but the cool factor goes right out the window with the soft top in the “down” position.
That's the main reason I didn't order the dual top group

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
That's the main reason I didn't order the dual top group
Would be nice but man I am not going to even give that bun up top a second thought. Just fold it back and go. Let other folks worry about it as I am cruising around with my top off and they are in their vehicle wishing they could take their top off

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
As soon as you get body mount mirrors like the bronco, you’ll be complaining when those expensive units get torn off when you slide into a tree. Cheaper to replace the 1/2ass mirrors. On the cj’s They just folded over. And they were cheap.
Not everyone goes off-roading where that could happen. In fact you have just a good of chance getting side swiped in a parking lot and having your mirror taken off as you do getting it taken off during an off road jaunt. I know because I’ve taken enough reports for it.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I am extremely pleased with my JT, but would like to see a windshield solution for cracks and breaks and a rear slider delete and just make a solid window.

Bruce
But then how could one person take off the hard top if there isn't that window to stick their arm through and lift the top off?

Revanish

First Name
Revanth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX300
Occupation
Software Engieer
A pillar mounted mirrors so every time we take the doors off we don’t have to slap on some other half a$$ mirrors that either cost more than they should or flop around like a pair of granny panties on the clothesline when you hit 50mph. Minor inconvenience, yes. Should it be, no.
So long as you can unscrew them.

Revanish

First Name
Revanth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX300
Occupation
Software Engieer
With the hardtop be able to remove the rear glass. V8 so the 0-60 time isnt terrible. Some type of shell option from mopar (it'll come eventually I suppose), bedliner thats softer/carpet. A way to store the door and top panels in the trunk/rear seats.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)