Sponsored

Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Try owning a JK or earlier; the JL/JT windshield IS more sloped for less wind-resistance.
Besides, the JT is based on JL, so until the nextgen Wrangler arrives, there will be no change in windshield angle.

And probably never. it is part of what makes it a Jeep.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Try owning a JK or earlier; the JL/JT windshield IS more sloped for less wind-resistance.
Absolutely - that's one of the things the auto rags talked about, and the dealer even mentioned, just in case I was more familiar with the earlier Jeeps - like the JK.

haha thats one scene that will never leave my memory.
I saw the movie first release in theater - I was laughing so hard - as was most of the rest of the crowd. Any time anyone mentions anything even close, to this day, I recall that scene and laugh all over again.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
How about a windshield that's a bit more "sloped".....there isn't a bug out there that doesn't SPLAT when it hits the windshield.....no chance of a glancing blow.....tired of turning on the washer/wipers every 15 minutes in the summer
That’s what intermittent wipers are for... then you just need to give it a squirt!

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy a Tazer and it does all that, plus dozens of things extra for $329.
Yea because we all want to spend another $350 on a simple solution. No thanks. It should be built in.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what intermittent wipers are for... then you just need to give it a squirt!
You don't have bugs where you live?
Running wipers only smears them - it's like instant-set super glue. The bugs here don't come off even when fresh hits. Been there, thousands of times. Last thing you do after a bug hit is use wipers, even with washers.
When you get home you use a foaming bug removal spray.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
You don't have bugs where you live?
Running wipers only smears them - it's like instant-set super glue. The bugs here don't come off even when fresh hits. Been there, thousands of times. Last thing you do after a bug hit is use wipers, even with washers.
When you get home you use a foaming bug removal spray.
We do have bugs, but I can remember years paste when it was like you say- front end plastered with bugs. But does not seem to be any where near as bad any more. Climate change? Drought conditions? Maybe just a change in driving habits- time of day/night, etc. lower volume of bugs may be allowing more cleaning vs smearing you are experiencing. It doesn’t get it all off, but enough so you can see thru the remains!

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
We do have bugs, but I can remember years paste when it was like you say- front end plastered with bugs. But does not seem to be any where near as bad any more. Climate change? Drought conditions? Maybe just a change in driving habits- time of day/night, etc. lower volume of bugs may be allowing more cleaning vs smearing you are experiencing. It doesn’t get it all off, but enough so you can see thru the remains!
They're still out there...

Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.35.03 PM

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They're still out there...

Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.35.03 PM
Drive near the Mississippi in September - in fact, the hotels there by the river have to shut off lights and close down some entrances as the bugs - well, it's like walking on carpet instead of concrete. Mayflies or something.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Drive near the Mississippi in September - in fact, the hotels there by the river have to shut off lights and close down some entrances as the bugs - well, it's like walking on carpet instead of concrete. Mayflies or something.
That's what those are in the pics; photo was taken in the summer of 2019 in Southern Ontario.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's what those are in the pics; photo was taken in the summer of 2019 in Southern Ontario.
That's what triggered my thinking - I thought gee, I've seen those before - and walked on them, and brushed them out of my remaining hair, etc.

Not THAT bad, but a couple of weeks ago I had to use bug remover - a spray foam stuff - to get the bugs off the grill, front of the hood, bumper, windshield and more. Took a while. Evening and just after sunrise were the worst times, cool evenings the bugs here gather in swarms.
I used to ride a motorcycle and after we moved out here, I stopped riding it in the evening. Finally sold it.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea because we all want to spend another $350 on a simple solution. No thanks. It should be built in.
or spend less than a hundred on JScan....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
or spend less than a hundred on JScan....
Unless you like it so much you purchase multiple VIN licenses via in-app android purchases at 23 bucks a pop - but still, under $120 LOL

Cobraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
computer field service
That's a feature, not a flaw. People camping wanted an easier way to take a shower.
Solution, park with nose about 15 degrees up. Well, just an idea.....

But seriously, I've not noticed it yet - is that something that not everyone experiences? Or is it just that I'm already wet getting into the truck and those drops don't matter? Or that as exiting I'm blaming the water that gets on me on the fact it's raining as I get out?

So far I'd not consider that to be a problem on mine - so - are there some differences??? (it's a serious question, done being silly on it)
my wife noticed.. got her leg soaked before she had to into an important meeting at work! the old saying mad as a wet hen!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
. . .I can remember years paste when it was like you say- front end plastered with bugs.
Yeah, some bugs do turn into a paste on the windshield - but some do wash off. Don't no which until you hit the wash lever.
Sponsored