Sponsored

DisAble the Elect.Park Brake when Door is Open ?

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
Legit want to know why this is such a big issue for people. I had it kick in once and it was a good thing it did. I had hopped out of the car while it was in drive to pick up some garbage off the beach. I had set the handbrake but not the transmission.

Am I just missing a use case here where auto-park would cause a problem? Who would want their car possibly taking off on them? Or do y'all just ghost ride the whip all the time?
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Legit want to know why this is such a big issue for people. I had it kick in once and it was a good thing it did. I had hopped out of the car while it was in drive to pick up some garbage off the beach. I had set the handbrake but not the transmission.

Am I just missing a use case here where auto-park would cause a problem? Who would want their car possibly taking off on them? Or do y'all just ghost ride the whip all the time?
giphy.gif

I don't think it's a big issue, it's just something that I notice. I'm not pulling any Anton Yelchin business, I just want to move my truck 5' so I can get the damn lawnmower out of the garage. ;)

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
Jeep Gladiator DisAble the Elect.Park Brake when Door is Open ? giphy

I don't think it's a big issue, it's just something that I notice. I'm not pulling any Anton Yelchin business, I just want to move my truck 5' so I can get the damn lawnmower out of the garage. ;)
I drive around the parking lot all the time without my seatbelt on and I've never tripped the system. I've even done it with the door open to look down and haven't tripped the system. I think people are making this out to be a bigger headache than it is.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I drive around the parking lot all the time without my seatbelt on and I've never tripped the system. I've even done it with the door open to look down and haven't tripped the system. I think people are making this out to be a bigger headache than it is.
Try stopping and resuming driving with the door open.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try stopping and resuming driving with the door open.
I tried this morning and as long as my butt was planted in the seat, no issues. Perhaps the occupancy sensors have a high cutoff, so if you're on the lighter side it's easy for the system to think you're not there when you lean too far to one side.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I tried this morning and as long as my butt was planted in the seat, no issues. Perhaps the occupancy sensors have a high cutoff, so if you're on the lighter side it's easy for the system to think you're not there when you lean too far to one side.
Nope. I'm what I refer to as "True American Size."
Sponsored