Sponsored

Disappointed and sad . My gladiator is dead and sold

• Thread starter Deleted member 21141
  • Start date
  • Watchers 10

Deleted member 21141

About 2 weeks ago driving down the road at 45 . She just died . Coasted to the side of road . Towed to the dealership. After troubleshooting the bcm replaced under warranty. 4 days later again driving down the road it died totally shut down . No power coasted to side to the dealership again. . The dealership let it sit in it's parking lot until the alarms killed the battery. I am done with jeep. Sold the jeep to a great honda dealership. Now have a honda.
Sponsored

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Luck of the draw. Any mass-produced vehicle can have random issues like yours did. I'm sure if you read enough Honda forums, you will find the person who had issues with their Honda, turned it in, and said "I'll never buy another Honda." I'm on my 6th Jeep, never any major concerns, all have been completely reliable. Many on here will tell you similar things.
Best of luck with your Honda.

smurraybhm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 High Altitude
Occupation
University Admin
You got that right. My last Ridgeline went bonkers 3 different times and wouldn't start - always at the worst time - resulting in 3 trips to the dealership, loaners, multiple calls to Honda (Lincoln plant is down the road) before they figured it out. Never trusted it after that. Vehicle was 2 weeks old when it started acting up. My first Ridgeline bought right after they were released in 2005 died on Memorial Day weekend, busy city road with temps approaching 100 degrees, humid as hell. Towed to where I bought it.

Ridgelines have always been well rated, supposedly reliable, but boring. That didn't stop me from buying 3 of them along with the issues because no manufacturer is immune to issues like what happen to the OP and at the time it was all the truck I needed. Not missing my last Ridgeline after buying my Gladiator in January, my only regret is not doing it sooner. The Ridgeline didn't make me smile when I started it up to head to work each day.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I am done with jeep. Sold the jeep to a great honda dealership. Now have a honda.
You missed April Fools Day by about a week there, Mike.

Sponsored

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I have had 8 TJs,
1 YJ, 2 XJs , 2 Libertys and 1 Commander.
And Now 1 Gladiator. Weā€™ve never had a problem with any of them over the years.

I did have a Ram Rebel that did the same thing As youā€™ve described. It would just shut down dead and towed to Dealer. It was a lemon. They did blame a faulty ground, and also said it was missing a bolt somewhere that held something on. and various other issues. I cut my losses with it 9 months in.
But it had the Auto Start Stop and I blamed that.
my Gladiator has the Auto Start Stop so Iā€™m Praying that it donā€™t have the same issues as my Rebel. Iā€™ll also be adding the ā€œStart Stop Eliminator ā€œ Kit soon to turn off the Auto Stop Start for good.
good luck with the Honda.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Like any new car/truck you can get a problematic one. I've had 4 jeeps over the years and no issues and now I got a gladiator and so far no issues. While I did have problems with ford..kia..and chevy none were major problems. Best of luck tho.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
If i were you, i would have kept it for the 3rd occurrence for lemon law and get all your money back rather than selling it
That would have been the thing to do. I'm sure the OP had to have lost money on the trade deal.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
About 2 weeks ago driving down the road at 45 . She just died . Coasted to the side of road . Towed to the dealership. After troubleshooting the bcm replaced under warranty. 4 days later again driving down the road it died totally shut down . No power coasted to side to the dealership again. . The dealership let it sit in it's parking lot until the alarms killed the battery. I am done with jeep. Sold the jeep to a great honda dealership. Now have a honda.
My jeep sucks as well. Iā€™m trying to lemon it. Never again will I purchase jeep
Sponsored