Eco diesel Suspension bottoming out on normal roads

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
Update, Jeep people called me monday. They called my dealership and I have an appointment with them to diagnose the issue on the 8th. I pray they don't go telling me it doesn't have an issue. I know it exists. Ill email the guy on the 8th when I take it in and hopefully this will be resolved. Knowing me, I am going to push for the mopar lift.
Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Has anyone identified the spring numbers causing the issue? Interesting we don't hear about the same issue with the 4xe Wranglers since it's 900 lbs heavier than the gas and more than double the additional weight of the Diesel.

My JTRD has bottomed out one time hitting a dip off road at about 20 mph. Has yet to happen on the street, but I haven't hit any speed bumps either. Regardless you can tell the suspension overall is soft. I wanted to go to 35s on a stock setup, but now I'm 2nd guessing because I feel any added wheel weight is only going to make the soft suspension feel even worse.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Has anyone identified the spring numbers causing the issue? Interesting we don't hear about the same issue with the 4xe Wranglers since it's 900 lbs heavier than the gas and more than double the additional weight of the Diesel.

My JTRD has bottomed out one time hitting a dip off road at about 20 mph. Has yet to happen on the street, but I haven't hit any speed bumps either. Regardless you can tell the suspension overall is soft. I wanted to go to 35s on a stock setup, but now I'm 2nd guessing because I feel any added wheel weight is only going to make the soft suspension feel even worse.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...g-out-poll-let’s-get-some-numbers-here.49496/

and

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ttoming-out-poll-2-spring-part-numbers.51142/

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD

35s didn’t make it any worse for me.

The mopar lift front springs are only about 1/2” longer. Their spring rate has to be quite a bit more. Solved my problem as per my own benchmark.

benchmark— how the wife’s 2020wk2 and kids 2008 Xterra reacts to this one dip in my neighborhood. The gladiator handles it slightly better than either.(about 5~7mph)faster.

Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe

It’s not the weight that ruins these suspensions, it’s the fact that Jeep lengthened the bumpstop by about 1.25 inches, so we lose that Uptravel … I put the mopar lift on to cure the problem. Much better, stiffer and doesn’t wallow all over the road … I can go over speed bumps now !

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX L2 Billet, 2021 JLU Willy's , 2020 X5 G05
Just providing an update 4+ months it's been sitting at dealership. It's still there.. Regional Management has no idea when the fix will be pushed through acceptance. The remedy does exist , just no "timeline" . I only had this vehicle in my possession for 10 days.. not modded at all.. Bone Stock.

I think the referenced star case , some posts back is actually my case lol. Dealership did awesome at ensuring Jeep knew it was a safety issue, and when region star tech came to investigate they even stated "There is no way this should be doing this"

Anyhoo, I hope this get's remedied for everyone .. Cheers.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Sorry GOFAST, sucks!

I just got my MC Undercloak installed, boy does she bottom out now!

In more bad news, Just got off the phone with RockKrawler. The guy I talked to said that the 1.5" spring for the diesel is not available, and made it sound like it would not be, so not sure if that means they gave up on, or if he just wasn't in the know.. Was really hoping for that as a good middle of the road solution... Oh well back to saving for the AEV kit..... I sure wish Old Man Emu would do something for the Glady Diesel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skerb

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ6, 21 JTURD
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I just want to know what the "fix" is that jeep is going to introduce here soon.
agreed, even with the Teraflex 1.5" spacers on mine AND leaving out the 1" bump stop extension it came with, I still bottom hard as hell when I hit some bumps.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Sorry GOFAST, sucks!

I just got my MC Undercloak installed, boy does she bottom out now!

In more bad news, Just got off the phone with RockKrawler. The guy I talked to said that the 1.5" spring for the diesel is not available, and made it sound like it would not be, so not sure if that means they gave up on, or if he just wasn't in the know.. Was really hoping for that as a good middle of the road solution... Oh well back to saving for the AEV kit..... I sure wish Old Man Emu would do something for the Glady Diesel.
Not sure if anyone reached out to ome for their JT lift timeline. I have had good luck with their springs.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
How come?
Cares told the dealership they couldn't help. So I called back they opened a new case, and they "Promised" they would call me back after talking with Engineering, but never did.

I really don't think that changing out the bumpers on the bump stops is a fix. More like another band-aid.

I was really hoping to get some 1.5" lift springs with a higher load rating... I am thinking about reaching out to a local spring shop to see if they can make something.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I got tired of waiting for a fix that I'd probably replace with another lift anyway... So I just went and placed my order for an aftermarket lift.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
I talked to jeep cares about this while waiting on my case manager.

Seems alot of people have a friend in Utah. The guy I talked to laughed about how many people are trying to get a free lift kit because their friend in Utah got one. Seems everyone keeps referring to the same Star case as their friend.
Sponsored