First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
I can watch it, on cold start it will be between 18-22psi...
That issue is not going to be solved by a PCM reprogramming the DEF / Fuel maps....
If it is really that low you risk a lot of things especially in this 3.0L

Might want to start a thread so folks don't confuse a PCM re-flash with low oil pressure, as they are un-related most likely.
Sponsored

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
Towing MPG with my travel trailer (just did 70 miles out and back) was at 18mpg, that is up from 16.5MPG.

I don't want to call this exact science, but the Fuel mileage is better for me (for whatever reason) post flash.

Last edited:

StingrayJed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
Parts Director for Luxury vehicles
You may want to look into the oil the dealer is using. At my first oil change they told me Shell that’s not approved. We had a big sit down and they had to go pick up the correct oil.
I am taking it back on Monday... This will be the 6th time for the same issue...

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I am taking it back on Monday... This will be the 6th time for the same issue...
Not to derail this further and I suggest you get a thread going on your own, but a cold start in my jtwd is around 65to 75 psi. We have a dual stage oil pump and yours could be just running at the lower pressure side of the pump?? Low oil pressure on a cold start is bad like real bad on the bearings and moving parts. There was a class action against Cummings I believe that was due to premature failure of the crank bearings ? All due to them programming too low of an oil pressure on cold start. Their thought was that it would help with warming of the engine.. well duh!!! Less oil more friction more heat ?!?!? I’d be looking into Lemmon law where you are and trying to make a case for a buy back as that low of oil pressure on cold starts is doing irreversible damage to all the moving parts of your engine. Just my thought after reading this. I know in my state they have 3 attempts at the same problem before you can call foul!! Good luck man.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Is there a way to check if the recall PCM flash are actually done?

Reason I'm asking is because after viewing my dashcam, it appeared that they didn't do shit and I'm kinda pissed. They parked in the bay, closed the door and that's it.

They also attempted to open the hood, but were too lazy to unlock the Bolt Lock, so they just re-closed the hood latches.

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
I actually don’t know…

everything seemed fine / normal when I got it back.

I think the PCM would be flashes via OBD II port via a hand device.?

if so they might have opened your car door, plugged it in and tossed it on your seat and closed the door.

took like 45 min on my jeep

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I actually don’t know…

everything seemed fine / normal when I got it back.

I think the PCM would be flashes via OBD II port via a hand device.?

if so they might have opened your car door, plugged it in and tossed it on your seat and closed the door.

took like 45 min on my jeep
I was hoping this is the case, but he got to be a ninja to do it all in under 3 seconds.

Open the door, grab the tool, disconnecting my Scangauge connector from obd port, plugged his in and probably tabbing a few buttons to start the flashing etc. The next 6.5 minutes, at his desk, which locate right in front of my truck. The tech did some paper works, biting on his nail, drinking, on his cell phone and attempted to open the hood, but didn't. Then another under 3 seconds, opened and closed the door and the truck started moving, pulling out of the bay.

I've tried poking around with my Alfaobd to see if i can pull the ecm log before i go back to the dealer, but no luck.

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Transportation
Got it done in a flash. Called Phillips in Ocala yesterday and just got done. Service writer said they just got the recall. I tow a lot so I will probably see a difference because I think the consumption is higher towing.
Did the recall show on your mopar app or did you just schedule for the recall because it is not showing on my app.

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Did the recall show on your mopar app or did you just schedule for the recall because it is not showing on my app.
The recall showed up in my Jeep app. Had the procedure done 6 days ago and the recall is still showing in the app. Not sure how long it takes to update, assuming the dealer did their part.

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
The recall showed up in my Jeep app. Had the procedure done 6 days ago and the recall is still showing in the app. Not sure how long it takes to update, assuming the dealer did their part.
Just ask the service writer... tell them your concerns and show them the video.

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
I was hoping this is the case, but he got to be a ninja to do it all in under 3 seconds.

Open the door, grab the tool, disconnecting my Scangauge connector from obd port, plugged his in and probably tabbing a few buttons to start the flashing etc. The next 6.5 minutes, at his desk, which locate right in front of my truck. The tech did some paper works, biting on his nail, drinking, on his cell phone and attempted to open the hood, but didn't. Then another under 3 seconds, opened and closed the door and the truck started moving, pulling out of the bay.

I've tried poking around with my Alfaobd to see if i can pull the ecm log before i go back to the dealer, but no luck.
So I figured out how to tell which version of software runs on your PCM.

If you have a bluetooth OBD2 sensor, and you have loaded the dashboards I constructed several months back (temp gauges, DPF level, etc) You can see the software version is on the PCM.

Download and install Car Scanner Pro, and load it up with the EcoDiesel profile. Then simply connect, and it shows you.

Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel recall and reprogram... 1649653203648

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cyber Security
So I figured out how to tell which version of software runs on your PCM.

If you have a bluetooth OBD2 sensor, and you have loaded the dashboards I constructed several months back (temp gauges, DPF level, etc) You can see the software version is on the PCM.

Download and install Car Scanner Pro, and load it up with the EcoDiesel profile. Then simply connect, and it shows you.

Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel recall and reprogram... 1649653203648
Ending in AG is the latest I think.