Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I tend to disagree that the vehicle isn’t devalued. If you were on the lot looking to buy this vehicle and the dealer was like it only has 4000 miles on it why pay a new sticker price when you can get almost new? and then you were shown the maintenance record, would you buy it? This isn’t the first repair. It’s been back three times for warranty work since I bought it.

As far as dealing with Jeep, I’d love to hear from them to see if we could resolve it. It’s been two weeks and all I have is a case number. I call every day and leave a message for my case manager but haven’t gotten a call back yet.
I think I was misunderstood a bit. I did mention unless you think the value is impacted and then I would certainly take that up with them or legal counsel as a point of contention. It would be a clear case I think if you have had a ton of issues for sure. That is is they balk on it. The larger point I was trying to make is that be sure you use all avenues to remedy the issue and be sure that you raise those concerns through the proper channels. Get compensation of some sort that you feel is fair. Be that just a repair or be that a repair and compensation or a buy back. But by warranty standards and normal warranty work (not excessive) it shouldn’t impact your value. With a motor replacement it could begin to venture into that loss of value zone.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 90 XJ had a warranty replacement engine installed by dealership before I bought it. I'm second owner. The original buyer had a warranty claim replacement at a year or so of use then kept it for many years. The dealership gave it to me as a loaner vehicle for months, I drove the hell out of it. Had a few oil changes before I bought it even. Like I said I drove it a lot. So having a warranty engine replacement is not a deal breaker for me....
Now it seems like your getting the run around and B.S. from your service department at dealership. I'd be really pissed off about it and might advice them that you do post reviews online to many sites.;)
Good luck with your JT
FYI: mine is build range of the problem engines??? 10/2019 but I've got a good rapport with the dealership I bought from so far.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Jeep Care is a joke so is Jeep Wave, don’t expect any help with those folks. Waste of time and space; try and get your case to the retention team. They aren’t much better but they control buybacks, refunds ect.
Mine started this at about 800 miles total shop time 45 or so days. It’s supposed to be ready Friday. Instead of a new engine they decided to take mine apart and replace some stuff.......because that the cool thing to do with a brand new 50k vehicle with 1000 miles on it.
Hopefully your experience with Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave is better than mine; I truly think they are a joke. Hopefully they at least call your back, don’t hang up on you, answer your calls ect. Just remember to document everything, get names, supervisors names, save everything....did I mention that Jeep Cares is a joke
this is sad but true, in my experience. I think they are there to just buy time. They never really accomplish anything besides wasting my time.

I had terrible luck w them On the steering TSB... they said they had no ship date when dealer had received it. They have bad info from whatever they are pulling Data from

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I too had no luck with @JeepCares, called me, we played phone tag, they got info from the dealer. case closed!!! didn't even talk to me about my problem! oh but wait, there's now a TSB for the steering box, imagine that,

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
I really wish they would have not put a stop/start on this truck. I actually would have disconnected it but I didn’t want to void the warranty since I’ve had so many other problems. Thanks for the feedback on how yours idles.
People blame the stop/start for causing issues. But it isn't. It's a symptom.
What happens is the computer detects a problem with the engine. As soon as it detects a fault, even sometimes before it lights the check engine light, the computer shuts down the stop/start system. Failure of the stop/start symptom happens because the damage has already happened, the failure of the stop/start system didn't damage the engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator / Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Investigator
I too had no luck with @JeepCares, called me, we played phone tag, they got info from the dealer. case closed!!! didn't even talk to me about my problem! oh but wait, there's now a TSB for the steering box, imagine that,
I waited three days to get a call back to have my case sent to someone else and told to wait another three days for a call back. She called and I missed her call. I returned her call within a half hour and got a message that said she had five days to respond to messages. I called back every day unable to reach her and on the fifth day, she called and said she’d look into it. I feel like that something she should have done before she bothered to call me since she had 8 days and had all of my info. I totally agree with you that they’re just wasting time. I think she’s trying to hold off so the dealer can get me back in my vehicle first. I’ve been in a rental for 34 days.

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
People blame the stop/start for causing issues. But it isn't. It's a symptom.
What happens is the computer detects a problem with the engine. As soon as it detects a fault, even sometimes before it lights the check engine light, the computer shuts down the stop/start system. Failure of the stop/start symptom happens because the damage has already happened, the failure of the stop/start system didn't damage the engine.
I didn’t think it did. I just don’t like it. I really wanted a much simpler vehicle. I bought my Wrangler with a stick shift, a keyed ignition, roll up windows and nothing but a radio. I know it still has electronics but I didn’t want a bunch of stuff that was going to be outdated in a couple years because I planned on keeping it. I still have the Wrangler and it’s been 8 years without any issues. I just feel like they should put out something basic for people that just want a 4 wheel drive vehicle. All this extra stuff that’s just causing problems is totally unnecessary for me. I hope to get back into a gladiator someday because I do like the truck.

DMAN51

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
ReadyLift South Region Sales Mgr.
Sorry to hear all about your issue. For what its worth, this site helps with documenting issues all across the states and helps build a case if needed. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I haven't experienced any of these other than Steering box(waiting for part) and the rear axle locking sensor inside the differential. It appears the oil can get hot enough to crack the sensor, but wait, there's more....you have to order an entire rear axle and guess what? it son backorder for weeks. Why cant they just have a sensor replacement??? these 3000.00 axles swaps are costly for FCA. I hear there are over 35 jeeps to my knowledge unless more since my issue.

keep us posted.

DavidRN72

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Nurse
Oh, Man! Unless they're going to throw in a HEMI engine with a full bumper to bumper, I'd demand a whole new Jeep using whatever lemon law.

No way would i be comfortable with just a fix. I have anxiety buying used for shit just like this, but this is a brand new vehicle. That's freaking insane.

Thanks for the anxiety on my new recent, first-Jeep purchase. LOL

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Sorry to hear all about your issue. For what its worth, this site helps with documenting issues all across the states and helps build a case if needed. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I haven't experienced any of these other than Steering box(waiting for part) and the rear axle locking sensor inside the differential. It appears the oil can get hot enough to crack the sensor, but wait, there's more....you have to order an entire rear axle and guess what? it son backorder for weeks. Why cant they just have a sensor replacement??? these 3000.00 axles swaps are costly for FCA. I hear there are over 35 jeeps to my knowledge unless more since my issue.

keep us posted.
So - do you get to drive yours in the meantime? Or are you just waiting for parts?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Oh, Man! Unless they're going to throw in a HEMI engine with a full bumper to bumper, I'd demand a whole new Jeep using whatever lemon law.

No way would i be comfortable with just a fix. I have anxiety buying used for shit just like this, but this is a brand new vehicle. That's freaking insane.

Thanks for the anxiety on my new recent, first-Jeep purchase. LOL
If it makes you feel better - I have a 2012 Wrangler that I purchased new that's never had a problem. I thought this was the same engine but I could be wrong. My Wrangler is still going strong (but doesn't have any fancy electronics) and that's why I thought the truck would be bullet proof.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I waited three days to get a call back to have my case sent to someone else and told to wait another three days for a call back. She called and I missed her call. I returned her call within a half hour and got a message that said she had five days to respond to messages. I called back every day unable to reach her and on the fifth day, she called and said she’d look into it. I feel like that something she should have done before she bothered to call me since she had 8 days and had all of my info. I totally agree with you that they’re just wasting time. I think she’s trying to hold off so the dealer can get me back in my vehicle first. I’ve been in a rental for 34 days.
Hello, we certainly regret to hear that your concerns have not yet been resolved with the help of our team. Please send over your current case number or VIN for further assistance, as we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Hello, we certainly regret to hear that your concerns have not yet been resolved with the help of our team. Please send over your current case number or VIN for further assistance, as we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hey Kathryn. I’ve already sent you messages that you haven’t responded to either, so I’ll pass on that. I’ve actually filed a lemon law complaint with the State of Texas and think I’ll seek resolution that way since attempting to get an answer from the dealer or corporate office has just never happened for me. Apparently, no one there thinks responding to a customer is an important part of customer service. I don’t know what to expect as far as the problems with the vehicle but definitely wouldn’t be as irritated if someone would just call me back.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is not funny at all,but if her name was Karen, that would be rich lol.

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Mine appears to be headed for a buyback. It’s hard but keep at it, save everything, and read up on all your states lemon laws.
If/when the buy back happens I will report back.
Skip Jeep cares/Jeep wave and get to the retention team.
Sponsored