Sponsored

Factory Trailer Brake Controller releases ...EDIT: STILL WAITING

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Only issue with the Curt Wireless is if you turn on your flashed/hazard lights it will lock and unlock the brakes on the trailer. Its triggered by the brake light wires. Works great on a vehicle with seperate turn signals but wrecks havic if you forget and turn on your hazards
Sponsored

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I believe you're talking about this one. I think a couple of folks on here have gotten one. I think it could be good option if you have multiple vehicles you use to tow.

https://www.curtmfg.com/dm/echo-mobile-brake-controller
I believe you're talking about this one. I think a couple of folks on here have gotten one. I think it could be good option if you have multiple vehicles you use to tow.

https://www.curtmfg.com/dm/echo-mobile-brake-controller
thats it! Anyone test it?

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Only issue with the Curt Wireless is if you turn on your flashed/hazard lights it will lock and unlock the brakes on the trailer. Its triggered by the brake light wires. Works great on a vehicle with seperate turn signals but wrecks havic if you forget and turn on your hazards
ok, thanks for the great info

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst

There's a hazard option switch that prevents the hazards from tripping the brakes on the trailer as it flashes. It does work, but i was already at a complete stop when i had it activated as i waited for a moose to cross the road. I did start accelerating with the hazards on with no issues, so do not forget to turn it off.

I've used the Curt Echo wireless controller on 3 trips, and it seems to work just like my wired version that i had in my J.G.Cherokee. It takes some tuning to get the settings just right, just like any new brake controller. I'm glad i purchased it. One thing to keep in mind though; you definitely need to keep the phone plugged into power and turn off the sleep function so you're not fumbling around trying to get to the manual activation button. Also, make sure you store it in your vehicle if you plan on leaving your vehicle for any length of time. I worry about people walking off with it. It reconnects pretty quickly once powered up. Also works just fine if phone ever looses the link to it.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I hate to even ask but has anyone received an update on the Mopar controller? I was hoping once the 2021 order ability was turned on that we may see something but as usual that dream was smashed :swear:

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have towed about 15 times with my Hopkins insight controllers, have not even missed my ram 1500 built in controller
Jeep Gladiator Factory Trailer Brake Controller releases ...EDIT: STILL WAITING 20200123_215832

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Little display for the brake controller that you use to set your gain ND application rates and then it shows you the brake power being applied as you brake.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Little display for the brake controller that you use to set your gain ND application rates and then it shows you the brake power being applied as you brake.
I'd like to know more about that one....... still sort of on the fence, would prefer to wait for the Jeep version but if there's something that's at least as good and fully integrates into the Jeep's system, I'm willing to look and listen.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need to get pictures, but the install was pretty straight forward. Hopkins had a Wrangler JL harness that plugged right into the 4 pin under the dash. I used two super duty zip ties to secure it to the aluminum substructure in the kick panel, then used 3M double sided tape to mount the display and slider. It has 10 brake profiles and you can adjust the gain for each one. I have Dexter 12 inch brakes on all 4 wheels of my trailer and profile 3 with 80 percent gain stops it like it is part of the jeep, even if I have to slam the brakes.
0717201918_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get pictures, but the install was pretty straight forward. Hopkins had a Wrangler JL harness that plugged right into the 4 pin under the dash. I used two super duty zip ties to secure it to the aluminum substructure in the kick panel, then used 3M double sided tape to mount the display and slider. It has 10 brake profiles and you can adjust the gain for each one. I have Dexter 12 inch brakes on all 4 wheels of my trailer and profile 3 with 80 percent gain stops it like it is part of the jeep, even if I have to slam the brakes.
Jeep Gladiator Factory Trailer Brake Controller releases ...EDIT: STILL WAITING 0717201918_HDR
Aluminum trailer? Looks similar to my Aluma trailer but then also resembles another made here in Iowa.
That is a controller that may be worth considering if you have that good a luck with it and I like the idea of the display.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailer is an H&H, I think they are made in Iowa. It is not a bad trailer. I would say Aluma is a step above. The super structure is solid but the metallurgy and welds for the add on stuff is not as good as I would like it. I have been slowly replacing things with grade 8 bolts and stainless. I made new fenders cause the aluminum one cracked up. Need to be supported with less flex. Sorry to get off track everybody lol!

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Yes, the brake controller is on my short list too, but I did not find the Jeep JL harness adapter, only a Cherokee on their website. You got a part number for the JL harness?
cheers

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Thanks, this same cable is used by some Prodgy units as well in the Jeep JT.
cheers
Sponsored