Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Development till August, so that isn't even a manufacturing/shipping date necessarily. Who wants to start a class action law suit against "best in class towing". We could probably win and after get our choice of $5 or a free oil change. lol
Yes you think with all the down time these engineers have, this would be a no brainier. They should also be working on all the fixes for their other problems, clutch, software, etc.
Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought my Gladiator yesterday, and Dealer ordered my Brake controller. Never said anything about unavailability. Hope it's in stock now. You can go to the Mopar accessory website and order and pay for it. All indications are that it's available. I agree with all others about total irresponsibility by Jeep to advertise these tow ratings without a factory installed brake controller. Total crap!

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep us posted. You might actually be the first.
Well found out today that they are now saying October. Told them to forget it. Going a different option..

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
wvyankee2, I know you cancelled the TBC, but do you recall how much they were asking for it? Mopar parts shows about $260 but I'm not sure if that's including any wiring harnesses or install. Just curious. Not ordering until later this summer so it's still on my wish list.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Next stupid question, I am planning on ordering my truck from the factory. If I order it with the TBC will it be installed by the factory (thereby negating any theoretical labor) or will it still be done by the dealer when it arrives?

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It will either stop your order or delay your order until the part is available. When i tried to order the dealer could not select the option.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
OK so it's factory installed. That's good, I guess. Since I won't be ordering for a few months I stand a better shot at getting one.

Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Last May (2019) when I was going to order mine, I thought it showed the brake controller option with a price of $225.00 (I may be wrong). As with the Aux switch option, it would cost quite a bit more to have it installed after purchase than to order it with the vehicle. Since then most options have gone up.
I wouldn't let it stop you from getting the Gladiator, after markets are out there.

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I saw something about a wireless brake controller option? Anyone try it. Can’t remember where or when. I believe it was on etrailer.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Next stupid question, I am planning on ordering my truck from the factory. If I order it with the TBC will it be installed by the factory (thereby negating any theoretical labor) or will it still be done by the dealer when it arrives?
It will either stop your order or delay your order until the part is available. When i tried to order the dealer could not select the option.
What @sarguy1941 said is the case. You can not order one wright now with brake controller form the factory. so order will not go in.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black