Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Errors will flash, orange lights for stability, traction, forward collision, ACC. Cluster says this that and the other thing disabled then shows those orange ! lights.

I believe it's only if yo have ACC
Sponsored

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Errors will flash, orange lights for stability, traction, forward collision, ACC. Cluster says this that and the other thing disabled then shows those orange ! lights.

I believe it's only if yo have ACC
Thats interesting. When I tow, I'm usually relying heavily on the ACC. Does that cause an issue too?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thats interesting. When I tow, I'm usually relying heavily on the ACC. Does that cause an issue too?
ACC should still function as long as you never push the brake controller button.

Nice, a brake controller with a function you can't use LOL

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Ok sorry having a brain fart over this. I have a Sport S auto with max tow. I see several part numbers for controllers. Which controller part number should I use?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TheGOATJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
But you will need the wiring harness as well if the build doesn't have ADH on the build.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But you will need the wiring harness as well if the build doesn't have ADH on the build.
No, that's been shown to be a MISTAKE on the instructions. There is NO ADH code for the Gladiator. That's a Wrangler code.
All JTs that have the 7 pin and 4 pin connector at the back have what is needed.

Please, everyone - IGNORE THAT ADH thing if you own a Gladiator.
As long as your truck has the trailer connectors in the back, if you have the plug, you have what's needed.

Again, ADH is for Wranglers, etc. that do not have a tow package. There is no code ADH for Gladiators. You'll never ever find it on any because it's not a Gladiator code.

I've pointed out multiple MISTAKES on the instructions, that is but another to add to my list.

This kit has NOT BEEN TESTED, it's not gone through beta testing or engineering testing, and the instructions have not been proper reviewed. It was made it and box it and send it, we'll let customers test it for us.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, what is ADH And where do I find it?
You won't - it's yet another glaring mistake on the stupid instructions. This was never tested against Gladiators - there is no ADH for Gladiators.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you that helps clear things up. My dealer parts manager said the same thing. You would think it would of been properly tested as long as took for them to release it. I get information overload here sometimes. Hard to tell fact from personal opinion sometimes.

Sponsored

Pitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
I just installed my mopar brake controller on my 2021 Max Tow with adaptive cruise control and everything appears to be working correctly. No dash lights when I push the manual brake mode, green number light when I'm hooked up to a trailer and a red light when I apply the brake. I'm waiting on my hitch to actually test the brakes but so far so good!

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Can confirm that this also caused errors on a Launch Edition JT (which has the ACC option). Same errors as mentioned here, causes all sorts of lights to go off on the dash when you push the manual brake center button of the controller's knob. We did not test with a trailer hooked up though. Only other issue as others mentioned is needing to flip the controller on the mounting plate so the plugs faced the rear of the vehicle when the plate is mounted.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
They may have added the diode to the factory harness knowing the controller harness wouldnā€™t have it. If that is the case then some 2020ā€™s may also have it depending on build date and when the change was incorporated. If that is the case they should have an optional harness for a VIN range that needs the diode.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They may have added the diode to the factory harness knowing the controller harness wouldnā€™t have it. If that is the case then some 2020ā€™s may also have it depending on build date and when the change was incorporated. If that is the case they should have an optional harness for a VIN range that needs the diode.
Now this is a good theory. 2 of the ones Iā€™ve seen working were 2021ā€™s and my 2020 is a July 2019 build, so this is very possible.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This appears to be Redarcs answer to the feedback issue

041D8402-499B-404A-B795-97AC8EA916EC.png
Sponsored