First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Sweet, thank you. Let me think about what I want…
RUBBINCOINS
RUBBINCONS
RUEBEICONNE (French version)
RUBECON
ICONSRUB (with Icon shocks)
RUNICONS (if Icon sponsored)
UNICORNS
RUBCORN (ethanol lovers)
LEPERCON (when you yardsale the JT on the trail)
RUBICANT (apply upside down)
RUBIKSCUBE
REPLICANT (blade runner fans)
YOURTEXTHERE
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on. From my perspective the Gladiator isnt that small unless you are getting the largest fullsized possible.

According to ford, the base F150 is 209x80x75. Up to 250 long.

2011 Silverado is 206x80x76. Up to 249 long.

2010 Ranger is 188x69x66. Up to 204 long.

Gladiator is 218x74x75.

In other words, the Gladiator is much closer to a 2021 F150/Silverado than it is to an old style ranger.

Again, in my humble opinion, its not *that* small.
My 2011 Silverado was an extended cab, 6'6" box. It was about 6" wider and several inches longer. I literally measured to be sure I was comparing and the specs were correct. But when it came time to park my JT - THAT is when I realized, at least to me, in my perspective, THANKFULLY the JT was quite a bit smaller than that Chevy was. That Chevy was a long boat. But inside - even my son and daughter-in-law commented about the better seating in the back of the JT. But then - straight walls, thinner walls of the JT make it that way, the Chevy "bulged out" on the sides.
Trucks have grown and shrunk over the years.
I'm happy with the size of the Gladiator. If I wasn't, I'd probably not own one. Could certain things be different, or - IN MY OPINION - better? Sure. But every vehicle has pros and cons depending on the day and task at hand.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
My 2011 Silverado was an extended cab, 6'6" box. It was about 6" wider and several inches longer. I literally measured to be sure I was comparing and the specs were correct. But when it came time to park my JT - THAT is when I realized, at least to me, in my perspective, THANKFULLY the JT was quite a bit smaller than that Chevy was. That Chevy was a long boat. But inside - even my son and daughter-in-law commented about the better seating in the back of the JT. But then - straight walls, thinner walls of the JT make it that way, the Chevy "bulged out" on the sides.
Trucks have grown and shrunk over the years.
I'm happy with the size of the Gladiator. If I wasn't, I'd probably not own one. Could certain things be different, or - IN MY OPINION - better? Sure. But every vehicle has pros and cons depending on the day and task at hand.
Yeah it's about half a foot shorter and half a foot skinnier than my Dodge. Doesn't sound like much, but it will really count in tight spots. I have to park offset in my garage by about 6" from the door right now. I'll still do something close to that but can't wait to gain more space on both sides.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
No one would buy a JT just as a tow vehicle. It a small truck. It can tow and can haul and can go where Id NEVER EVER EVER take the F250 but its not a tow vehicle. Really I got a JT to replace my old MJ which will be restored eventually. The MJ is shorter and far lighter plus very stiff chassis. The JT has better rear axle location and its easier to remove the doors :)
I bought my Max Tow explicitly as a tow vehicle for my 23’ Airstream which can be used to do fun stuff once you get at the destination. I didn’t want a full size truck or SUV and mid-sized SUVs have anemic payload.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I bought my Max Tow explicitly as a tow vehicle for my 23’ Airstream which can be used to do fun stuff once you get at the destination. I didn’t want a full size truck or SUV and mid-sized SUVs have anemic payload.
Wonder what gave you the idea it could handle that much trailer?? ... Oh yeah. This did.

Jeep Gladiator Fake trim levels? 1631639998517

I still wouldn't personally use it for this, but go for it if you like it and feel safe doing so.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Walked out today and one of the contractors put rubicon on the hood. Clearly a sport s. No other mods (stock rubber etc) why? I dont get it. Anyone else faking ( a real trim) and if a member was in satellite beach today with that truck sorry for calling you out
Was it a sport hood with Rubicon or did he pick up a Rubicon hood?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Spot on. From my perspective the Gladiator isnt that small unless you are getting the largest fullsized possible.

According to ford, the base F150 is 209x80x75. Up to 250 long.

2011 Silverado is 206x80x76. Up to 249 long.

2010 Ranger is 188x69x66. Up to 204 long.

Gladiator is 218x74x75.

In other words, the Gladiator is much closer to a 2021 F150/Silverado than it is to an old style ranger.

Again, in my humble opinion, its not *that* small.
You failed in your comparisons. If you're going to compare sizes, you have to compare the same build style. Meaning you have to compare to Crew Cab sizes, not regular cab.

A crewcab short box full size Chevy is not shorter than a Gladiator. It's 230" long. The 205.6' is for the WT regular cab and 6.5' box. The 2010 Ranger didn't come in 4-door config, so you have to go with the SuperCab (extended), which comes in at 203.6", just over a foot shorter than the Gladiator.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Wonder what gave you the idea it could handle that much trailer?? ... Oh yeah. This did.

Jeep Gladiator Fake trim levels? 1631639998517

I still wouldn't personally use it for this, but go for it if you like it and feel safe doing so.
I made a point of this advertisement in some other towing thread and some people did not understand the point. If I'm right, that's an Overland towing an Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB that comes in at 6100# dry, 7600# max carrying capacity.

What's the Overland's towing capacity?

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I made a point of this advertisement in some other towing thread and some people did not understand the point. If I'm right, that's an Overland towing an Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB that comes in at 6100# dry, 7600# max carrying capacity.

I think the Overland's towing capacity must be around 6000#. Must be a gutted 28RB ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I believe mine would have done 6000 (I did about 4900) but it would depend on WHERE I was towing. Hills no worse than around me would be ok. I would also slow down with over 5000 pounds back there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Walked out today and one of the contractors put rubicon on the hood. Clearly a sport s. No other mods (stock rubber etc) why? I dont get it. Anyone else faking ( a real trim) and if a member was in satellite beach today with that truck sorry for calling you out
Maybe the hood was a replacement from a Rubi????

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor

lol yeah I do remember that and the ensuing discussion. It's exactly why I put this pic up and the pic is exactly why people think this is a normal expectation of the JT.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Wish there was a "Cold Weather Group" sticker I could put on my driver's side and a "Color Matched Hard Top" that could go on the other. :giggle:

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
A Jeep bragging about towing is like a catfish that walks on land. It might be doing something better than others of it's kind, but it's not meant to be doing that and it's not winning any land speed records.
Well that’s the point whether towing with a gladiator Max Tow (just for the haters) or my Diesel 1 Ton, no land speed records need to be set. 65mph is my max speed for towing and the Max Tow Gladiator does a great job for the mid-size truck segment.

Land speed... I just barely missed purchasing this 427 manual drop top mustang GT this week with only 9000 miles on it!! This is the perfect compliment to my Gladiator!

Still on the hunt

3BC395A9-EE6F-4DE6-8AE8-68125D66CA0B.jpeg

A02C2D6E-D9C5-417B-8000-237DD6EEDF37.jpeg

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I hope you guys know I did that just for the goof. No way I would ride around with a silly homemade sticker on my truck.
Oh... I thought you were serious.
Sponsored