OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom... looking at a Gladiator...
I just requested a control number just for kicks. Here is the official 'RULES' and the form your dealer fills out. 2021 Gladiator is listed. Not much yet for 2022.

Screenshot_20211025-193503_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-193844_Drive.jpg

Interesting. When you say you requested a control number... can you explain? I have a control number -- but what good will it do me if it can't be applied?
Sponsored

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom... looking at a Gladiator...
Pete,
Travis at Tri-City confirmed there will NOT be a Tread Lightly discount for 2022 Gladiators.

So based on this thread alone you've heard it from Gupton and Tri-City---both high volume custom build dealers.

I believe them much more than a call center employee....which is all we're getting calling the various phone numbers that we can find.
Understandable. I very predisposed to not believe anything a dealer tells me. That's why I'm trying to root out the answer between Jeep Corporate and the affiliate people. I'm not saying that you're wrong -- I'm just trying to take a "trust but verify" approach. :)

Otis89

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Gas Utility
Interesting. When you say you requested a control number... can you explain? I have a control number -- but what good will it do me if it can't be applied?

Is the dealer denying or refusing the discount? I'm sure there are some dealers that don't want to bargain with the current market and inventory. . I haven't even tried to get a price yet with my number. 2022s are not on this list yet.

Otis89

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Gas Utility
First page.... some dealers are not going to participate.

Screenshot_20211025-203033_Drive.jpg

AMack6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator, BMW M2
Might be a really stupid question, but I'm wondering since it sounds like Tread Lightly is done... if I have a father-in-law and brother-in-law who work for FCA affiliate companies, can I get a code through them? Or will the dealer require/verify that I'm the one working for their specific companies?

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
The more time that passes, the happier I am for ordering a 21. 1% isn’t much in the big scheme, but still a lot of money.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Didn't it take a while a year or two ago for the Tread Lightly Discount to get sorted? I was going to email Tread Lightly and ask but saw on the website this little blurb which I assume means they don't know what's going on with it either. I'm going to go with FCA has everything jacked up and can't figure out what they are doing, which doesn't seem out of sorts for them.

Capture.JPG

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
It never left for Gladiator. Nothing has changed since October 1. 2021 Gladiator is still eligible. 2021 Wrangler is not.
it was not available from Gupton when I ordered last week and I have not seen it mentioned on any of the "just ordered" forums.... we need to get a 100% on this.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
it was not available from Gupton when I ordered last week and I have not seen it mentioned on any of the "just ordered" forums.... we need to get a 100% on this.
If you are ordering a 2022, nothing much is listed for 2022. You would need to buy a 2021 Gladiator.
It is pretty straight forward:
2021 Gladiator remains eligible.
2021 Wrangler is no longer eligible.
Neither is listed for 2022 eligibility (in fact few 2022 models are listed as eligible).

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
If you are ordering a 2022, nothing much is listed for 2022. You would need to buy a 2021 Gladiator.
It is pretty straight forward:
2021 Gladiator remains eligible.
2021 Wrangler is no longer eligible.
Neither is listed for 2022 eligibility (in fact few 2022 models are listed as eligible).
that's exactly how I had it figured.... which is why I couldn't figure out why people keep saying it is available for 22s.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else … on my phone doing a search …

If I already ordered a 21 (in transit as we speak), can I still get the Tread Lightly discount if I sign up now or is it too late? Delivery is supposed to be between 11/9-11/18. I know I procrastinated on this.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey

If I already ordered a 21 (in transit as we speak), can I still get the Tread Lightly discount if I sign up now or is it too late? Delivery is supposed to be between 11/9-11/18. I know I procrastinated on this.
You need to have your membership for 30days before you can get the discount.

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Might be a really stupid question, but I'm wondering since it sounds like Tread Lightly is done... if I have a father-in-law and brother-in-law who work for FCA affiliate companies, can I get a code through them? Or will the dealer require/verify that I'm the one working for their specific companies?
The dealership required a current paystub from my FCA affiliate company along with my control number when I placed my order 3/21.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport

I think you would need to have an FCA control # that was generated before October 1.

So yeah, you're probably SOL. I would double check with your salesman but that was what I was told when I went to pick up my JT last week. I was safe since I had signed up way back in July when I ordered.
Sponsored