Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
@ShadowsPapa, what you are saying isn't correct. Jeep cannot void the warranty simply because an owner extends a drain interval. When I was an Amsoil dealer, we discussed this from a legal matter. As a matter of fact, and at that time, Amsoil had never lost a single case in court due to the extended drain interval scenario or for running a non-API certified oil. I've not been in the Amsoil circle for several years, but this has been disputed many times and the courts have sided with Amsoil every single time.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
@ShadowsPapa, what you are saying isn't correct. Jeep cannot void the warranty simply because an owner extends a drain interval. When I was an Amsoil dealer, we discussed this from a legal matter. As a matter of fact, and at that time, Amsoil had never lost a single case in court due to the extended drain interval scenario or for running a non-API certified oil. I've not been in the Amsoil circle for several years, but this has been disputed many times and the courts have sided with Amsoil every single time.
Pretty much this. We can armchair internet lawyer it to death but AMSOIL has been in this game long enough that they have their bases covered regardless of what we think certain wording means or should mean.

The OP's case is not unique with the only twist he is in Canada and how AMSOIL being based in the USA may be hindered in how it handles that country's civil legal system and consumer law.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
They are not voiding the warranty. They are denying warranty coverage for a specific repair, due to the owners actions. This they can do if they outline specific actions to be followed, and the owner does not follow them.

Amsoil may not have lost any court cases in the USA, a consumer friendly nation, but that has no bearing on matters for the OP in Canada.

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
They are denying warranty coverage for a specific repair, due to the owners actions. This they can do if they outline specific actions to be followed, and the owner does not follow them.
Are you sure specific actions were outlined? Did these “actions” fall in line with the owners manual or is it the “will” of one or a gang?

Your take on all this and even the way you word things through my whole 7 month debacle including what you just said above tells me you’re an insider to FCA. You’ve said stuff that is word for word what FCA has told me in this latest investigation. You should tell your FCA friends they’ve lost a number of sales up here for their being bankrupt in common sense, fairness, arbitration, critical thought and good faith.

Anyway,
AMSOIL has told me there are no cases in Canada they’ve had to deal with legally or other so no president to lean on. It appears this is the first and will be a landmark for what ever happens. Mr Bill, don’t be a kill joy, just accept the process and so will I, whatever it is and however it’s done. Tell your FCA friends that if they are so sure of their position, which includes ZF refusing AMSOIL as “equivalent”, to PUT IT IN WRITING, which they defiantly refused to do.

Last edited:

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
They are not voiding the warranty. They are denying warranty coverage for a specific repair, due to the owners actions. This they can do if they outline specific actions to be followed, and the owner does not follow them.

Amsoil may not have lost any court cases in the USA, a consumer friendly nation, but that has no bearing on matters for the OP in Canada.
My response was regarding extended drain intervals and using a non-API certified oil under the Magnuson Moss Act. Unfortunately, that conversation doesn't include our good folks up north (Canada). Here in the U.S.A, it would be extremely rare for an OEM to challenge Amsoil because it's cheaper to replace the engine, or transmission, or differential than to fight a legal battle. That's because the OEM has to prove that the Amsoil product (oil. fluid, coolant, gear lube, etc.) was the reason for the failure. Statically, a failed engine, or transmission, or differential occurs due to a defective part, poor assembly, contamination, or design flaw.

Amsoil makes recommendations to their customers based on the specs that auto manufactures give them. Sometimes OEMS change specs, especially on new platforms. For example, FCA changed the oil spec on the 2014 - 2019 EcoDiesel twice. They did the same thing when the 2020+ EcoDiesel was released. I've seen Amsoil change their oil recommendation multiple times for the 2020+ EcoDiesel because FCA keeps changing their specs.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure specific actions were outlined? Did these “actions” fall in line with the owners manual or is it the “will” of one or a gang?

Your take on all this and even the way you word things through my whole 7 month debacle including what you just said above tells me you’re an insider to FCA. You’ve said stuff that is word for word what FCA has told me in this latest investigation. You should tell your FCA friends they’ve lost a number of sales up here for their being bankrupt in common sense, fairness, arbitration, critical thought and good faith.

Anyway,
AMSOIL has told me there are no cases in Canada they’ve had to deal with legally or other so no president to lean on. It appears this is the first and will be a landmark for what ever happens. Mr Bill, don’t be a kill joy, just accept the process and so will I, whatever it is and however it’s done. Tell your FCA friends that if they are so sure of their position, which includes ZF refusing AMSOIL as “equivalent”, to PUT IT IN WRITING, which they defiantly refused to do.
I do feel bad for you, and the situation you ended up in. I'm not involved with FCA. Like I said in the beginning, when I predicted the likely outcome, I'm looking at it objectively from the outside. The legal outcome is not always one that is fair or makes sense. I was hoping to prepare you, somewhat, for the impending disappointment. Fortunately, for you, your insurance company is covering the cost. Please let us know the outcome, if it ever gets to court.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
We might be overlooking the biggest issue....

The dealers not having a method for flushing the "lifetime fluid" and the manufacturer not including a dain plug and dip stick on a vehicle that GOES OFFROAD! What if you hit water and get some in the transmission. There has to be a vent and its likely only top of the trans high right? So what do you do? 3 fluid drops for 1200$?

We are way past reasonable and into 2000's Audi engineering territory at this point.

Bffy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Auto industry
Seems like here in Canada we really get shit on by fca. I've been waiting 3 months on a new warranty transmission they just told me a eta of November saying I'm # 8 in north America. Yet new 2022s are rolling onto the lots every week it seems. Also a guy in the states got his in 3 weeks ordered one day after mine. Seems like we need some new buyer protection laws here in Canada

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Seems like here in Canada we really get shit on by fca. I've been waiting 3 months on a new warranty transmission they just told me a eta of November saying I'm # 8 in north America. Yet new 2022s are rolling onto the lots every week it seems. Also a guy in the states got his in 3 weeks ordered one day after mine. Seems like we need some new buyer protection laws here in Canada
My transmission was ordered July 16 and it, along with all the parts (except one hose) arrived the next day. It was sitting in Chrysler’s warehouse in Red Deer. The hose I needed arrived yesterday and I pick up my truck tomorrow. Ask your service manager if he looked at the Red Deer warehouse.
When did your order go in?

Bffy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Auto industry
That's crazy I have a 2020 maybe it's a different part # but that blows my mind mine was ordered from edmonton on June 20th 2022 and I call weekly to have them check both fca and the dealer. Unless yours is diesel mine was gas

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
That's crazy I have a 2020 maybe it's a different part # but that blows my mind mine was ordered from edmonton on June 20th 2022 and I call weekly to have them check both fca and the dealer. Unless yours is diesel mine was gas
Mines gas but I do know the transmissions are different according to the transmission shop that did the flush on mine. They commented how different it was to the 2020 model

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mines gas but I do know the transmissions are different according to the transmission shop that did the flush on mine. They commented how different it was to the 2020 model
I’ll do some digging on my end tomorrow to see if they can find a transmission for you.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
@Bffy tagging you to make sure you see this. 😁

@Maximus Gladius , very kind of you sir to do the legwork. ;)
It was super easy and took 3 phone calls. Now it’s up to Bffy’s dealership that said it would take a lifetime to get one to contact the dealership that has one available and get it.

I was told there are 312 transmissions in production and 74 in order for Canada and takes one week to get once ordered.
Sponsored