Flush Mount Tail Lights

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I haven't read through all the post, I installed mine and ran to the hardware store for double stick tape. when I got home the resisters were really hot, not sure if that is normal.

Sport s with halogen
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just to re-iterate other feedback about fitment, The passenger side light fits great but there is definitely something up with the drivers side. I tried bending the interference point with the screw out of the way and just cannot get the drivers side to fit as great as the passenger side does. I don't know if this is a mold issue with the drivers side lamp or not. It's hard to convey this is pictures and doesn't stand out as much as it actually does to the eye. If you look close enough, you can actually see how poorly trimmed the drivers side top edge looks compared to the passenger side.

I'm mainly posting this (as some others have as well) for Oracle's benefit as they might want to check some QA on the drivers side light from the manufacturer.

Drivers Side. The darker area right up against the body is the shadow of the gap. No amount of maneuvering seems to be able to take this out. It's not huge, but it is noticeable and compared with how great the passenger side fits I can't help but think there is some mold issue.

Looking down from the top of the drivers side light:
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights IMG_6353

Looking up from the bottom of the drivers side light:
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights IMG_6352

Passenger side. Notice how there is nearly zero darker area right next to the body. There is zero gap between the lights and the body on the passenger side.

Looking down from the top of the passenger side light:

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights IMG_6356

Looking up from the bottom of the passenger side light:

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights IMG_6354

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I haven't read through all the post, I installed mine and ran to the hardware store for double stick tape. when I got home the resisters were really hot, not sure if that is normal.

Sport s with halogen
JP from Oracle had gave the heads up that they are expected to get hot.

Hey guys,

Those resistors get really hot when the turn signal is in use, so you definitely want to avoid keeping that around any wires or plastic. This is why we mount it inside of the cavity.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just to re-iterate other feedback about fitment, The passenger side light fits great but there is definitely something up with the drivers side. I tried bending the interference point with the screw out of the way and just cannot get the drivers side to fit as great as the passenger side does. I don't know if this is a mold issue with the drivers side lamp or not. It's hard to convey this is pictures and doesn't stand out as much as it actually does to the eye. If you look close enough, you can actually see how poorly trimmed the drivers side top edge looks compared to the passenger side.

I'm mainly posting this (as some others have as well) for Oracle's benefit as they might want to check some QA on the drivers side light from the manufacturer.

Drivers Side. The darker area right up against the body is the shadow of the gap. No amount of maneuvering seems to be able to take this out. It's not huge, but it is noticeable and compared with how great the passenger side fits I can't help but think there is some mold issue.

Passenger side. Notice how there is nearly zero darker area right next to the body. There is zero gap between the lights and the body on the passenger side.

Same story on mine. Driver side fitment is definitely worse than the passenger side.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m thinking the variance is more likely with the sheet metal of the truck bed than the plastic lights.
I would think that too if it wasn't specifically the drivers side for everyone.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I’m thinking the variance is more likely with the sheet metal of the truck bed than the plastic lights.
That's definitely possible. The consensus seems to be that the lights just don't match the contour of the truck very well though.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I think if that were the case, the factory lights would exhibit the same issues.
The fit on the factory housing isn't perfect, but it is better than the oracle driver side fitment. Also, that screw head sticking up doesn't help either. Heh

Reactions: Mac

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg
Same story on mine. Driver side fitment is definitely worse than the passenger side.
I think if that were the case, the factory lights would exhibit the same issues.
The fit on the factory housing isn't perfect, but it is better than the oracle driver side fitment. Also, that screw head sticking up doesn't help either. Heh
You just need to resettle the tail here. Loosen the top bolt, press the tail into place where you need, then tighten the bolt while held in place. Repeat on the bottom.

Here's some pics of the LH on ours showing a clear difference when this is done:

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634913804278

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634913836555

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634913861767

Sponsored

scotte992

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th anniversary edition
Occupation
Mailman
Can we all just take a quick breath? In and out! :like:

Our team has sent out roughly 200x of these lights, half of which may have not gotten them yet. We are working through every possible scenario prior to adding anything to the site, as we do not want to give false information.

When introducing a new product we test it on multiple vehicles, one of which is our JT with all our LED lighting products, including the reverse lights, and we did not have the concern SOME are you are having. Kindly remember this is a new product that we are all working through this together, over the internet. We do not have your Jeep here to test and start troubleshooting with.

We want to help! If anyone is will to work patiently with our R&D team to provide detailed information of the concerns they are having plus further vehicle details, we can try to isolate why this is happening for some Jeeps and not all.

If you are not wanting the product at all or willing to work with us, please dm us privately for your options, there are a number of people waiting on this product we can send them to. However if you would like to work with us to find a solution, please dm me us and we can try to find a resolution.

Again, this is not a solution across the board, currently we are seeing this in a select number of Jeeps.

-Missy
Sales Mgr
If you have sent out 200 of these, why hasn’t mine been shipped? I was a first 100 preorder.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
If you have sent out 200 of these, why hasn’t mine been shipped? I was a first 100 preorder.
Hi Scott, we actually had extended the groupbuy preorder to 300 because the first hundred sold out in about the first 2 hours. All group buy orders will be fulfilled before regular pre-orders. Likely you are in that group if you were in the group buy so you can expect shipping soon, and a shipment notification will be sent once your tracking number is created.

-Rachel

scotte992

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th anniversary edition
Occupation
Mailman
Hi Scott, we actually had extended the groupbuy preorder to 300 because the first hundred sold out in about the first 2 hours. All group buy orders will be fulfilled before regular pre-orders. Likely you are in that group if you were in the group buy so you can expect shipping soon, and a shipment notification will be sent once your tracking number is created.

-Rachel
Ok thank you!

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I recently installed the lights, and noticed that when the vehicle is switched out of Reverse, the left reverse light stays on a second longer than the right. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Sponsored