Flush Mount Tail Lights

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
No, the reverse lights. Although I was going from halogens to LEDs, the amount of white light on camera is probably 10x what it was with the halogens.
I meant the brake lights are hardly visible :)

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Well I cancelled my order. Couldn't want anymore as the delivery estimate was blown. Also don't want to mess with potential issues. Thanks to the Oracle customer service team for doing their jobs very well. This will probably leave scars on them.
Seeing JDMRN81's video those lights are barely visible when on the brakes, yikes
I think the video is deceiving because they’re plenty bright. My wife was following behind me on Sunday and I asked her how they looked and she had no complaints about visibility.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just got mine on yesterday and am really enjoying them. Replaced halogens on a 2020 Sport S and have a slight strobing on the reverse lights, but still very bright and both on. When I remote started in the garage this morning, the back was much brighter than with the halogens. I underestimated how much it contributes to a blacked out look once you lose the big red squares

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Got my lights from Northridge yesterday and installed them w/o the included resistors.

Data point mine is a 21 LED JTR built 08/21.

Ran the turnsignals with no programming for 20 seconds+ each. Right around 20 seconds the gauge cluster started hyper blinking and turn signal out notification on the display. All lights on the tails work correctly.

Hooked up JScan and programmed all tail lights to LED deactivated and rebooted and sleep cycled. Turned all tail light LED settings back to activated and ran turnsignals again for 20 seconds each with the same results.

Went back into JScan and turned disabled turn signal lamp diagnostics but forgot to clear the codes. The turn signal in the cluster still hyper blinks and notifies of turn signals out.

What am I missing besides the clearing the codes? Does the provided resistor still need to be installed on the LED equipped gladiators? Will changing the turn signal LED setting deactivated and install the resistors fix the hyper blink?

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Got my lights from Northridge yesterday and installed them w/o the included resistors.

Ran the turnsignals with no programming for 20 seconds+ each. Right around 20 seconds the gauge cluster started hyper blinking and turn signal out notification on the display. All lights on the tails work correctly.

Hooked up JScan and programmed all tail lights to LED deactivated and rebooted and sleep cycled. Turned all tail light LED settings back to activated and ran turnsignals again for 20 seconds each with the same results.

Went back into JScan and turned disabled turn signal lamp diagnostics but forgot to clear the codes. The turn signal in the cluster still hyper blinks and notifies of turn signals out.

What am I missing besides the clearing the codes? Does the provided resistor still need to be installed on the LED equipped gladiators? Will changing the turn signal LED setting deactivated and install the resistors fix the hyper blink?
I had the same problem.
you shouldn't have to use the resistors since you're replacing the factory LEDs.
clear the codes first, then disable turn signal lamp diagnostics and hopefully the hyperflash will turn off.
this is what worked for me with JScan

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

You don't need to set the rear LED stuff to deactivated. All of that can remain as it was factory. You need to disable the rear turn signal diagnostic signal in the US->Euro conversion menus.

See this post. Someone else found this out by contacting JSCAN.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flush-mount-tail-lights.30902/post-837055

I only changed the settings in the above post for my factory LED JT and have zero issue since. (Halogen JT's need not apply, your problem is something different).

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
You don't need to set the rear LED stuff to deactivated. All of that can remain as it was factory. You need to disable the rear turn signal diagnostic signal in the US->Euro conversion menus.

See this post. Someone else found this out by contacting JSCAN.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flush-mount-tail-lights.30902/post-837055

I only changed the settings in the above post for my factory LED JT and have zero issue since. (Halogen JT's need not apply, your problem is something different).
I ended up doing exactly what you said here on my Mojave LED with Jscan. Euro conversion disable turn signal warning. My turn signals work great unless I have headlights on and come to a longer traffic light with my foot on the brake. I get a random turn signal out warning but it clears itself and it works great until I set with foot on brake again??? My issue is now I have expensive lights plus another $100 plus in jscan and obd reader plus I bought extension cords to be able to hook up bypass to.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
I ended up doing exactly what you said here on my Mojave LED with Jscan. Euro conversion disable turn signal warning. My turn signals work great unless I have headlights on and come to a longer traffic light with my foot on the brake. I get a random turn signal out warning but it clears itself and it works great until I set with foot on brake again??? My issue is now I have expensive lights plus another $100 plus in jscan and obd reader plus I bought extension cords to be able to hook up bypass to.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hm. I don't drive much at night (or when it's generally dark out) so I can't say I've experienced that. Hopefully there will be some more permanent solution from Oracle soon.
Sponsored