Sponsored

Flush Mount Tail Lights

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Have to give an update to fix. The supplied new (2x)10w resistors don't seem to have solved the issue with the reverse lights working correctly. I installed both new resistors yesterday and all worked fine. Parked Gladiator in garage overnight, started truck,revese lights are still doing the on/off thing. adding the 2 new resistors doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.
That's a bummer to read. I was hopeful this would be the fix.
Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Have to give an update to fix. The supplied new (2x)10w resistors don't seem to have solved the issue with the reverse lights working correctly. I installed both new resistors yesterday and all worked fine. Parked Gladiator in garage overnight, started truck,revese lights are still doing the on/off thing. adding the 2 new resistors doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.
Hey Kenny,

Strange. You're the first out of several stating this.

Are you using the scotch locks that shipped with the resistors? Sometimes, it takes a little extra pressure when clipping those on to make sure they're making good enough contact with the wires.

Can you double check this and let me know?

Sponsored

SpecialK

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Hey Kenny,

Are you using the scotch locks that shipped with the resistors? Sometimes, it takes a little extra pressure when clipping those on to make sure they're making good enough contact with the wires.

Yes sir, I did use the connectors correctly(use them for model railroad)the really funny part is after I used my Gladiator and decided to put into the garage the reverse lights worked. I tried several times to re create the non working situation it wouldn't meaning they worked as should. It's weird cause one time they'll work and next time they won't. But, I will go double check now

SpecialK

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Hey Kenny,

Went to double check with the boss(wife)and each and every time they worked as they're supposed to. I shut the engine off, re started and still everything(reverse lights)work. I'll just keep an eye out

1BadCtdBrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘99 XJ, ‘09 JKUR, ‘21 MOJAVE
Occupation
Professional killer
I received mine yesterday from Vivid Racing (ordered 7/26/21), so for those who didn’t preorder earlier this year they will arrive, eventually. As far as installation, took a whopping 19 minutes total. JSCAN took another 30 because I had to try to adjust the speedo again for the 35s. Set all rear lights to LED, euro-conversion tab diagnostics disabled. Not a single warning and all 4 of my reverse lights shine bright. JSCAN has been a great investment for my other 3 Mopar vehicles so it was a no brainer to buy another license for the JT. I’ll post some reverse pics as soon as the wife gets back with the ride.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SpecialK

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Hey Kenny,

Went out this morning and reverse lights are doing the on/off/flicker again so after installing the 2 new resistors, double checking, etc. the issue isn't fixed

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Haven't got my set yet but..
I have factory halogens and a JSCAN.
Do I omit the resistor and change some JSCAN settings to get everything to work?
Can't find in the thread the settings for halogen OEM.

Sponsored

1BadCtdBrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘99 XJ, ‘09 JKUR, ‘21 MOJAVE
Occupation
Professional killer
Haven't got my set yet but..
I have factory halogens and a JSCAN.
Do I omit the resistor and change some JSCAN settings to get everything to work?
Can't find in the thread the settings for halogen OEM.
[QUOTE="SpecialK,

Yes you’ll change your tail/stop/turns to LED and then go into US>Euro and deactivate rear turn signal diagnostics. If you’re still waiting you can mess with the adaptation settings to familiarize yourself. I think JSCAN and ALFAOBD are a requisite for any Mopar owner. ALFA goes much deeper into the coding/settings.

SpecialK

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Went out this morning and reverse lights are doing the on/off/flicker again so after installing the 2 new resistors, double checking, etc. the issue isn't fixed
Went out this morning to once again double check the reverse light issue. Guess in this one I was the "DumbA$$) I brief I may have placed the new resistor in the wrong wiring. Double checked the picture supplied by Oracle. All good now

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@ScooterInTX if you had factory halogen and using Jscan, the below settings are all you should have to change to LED if you are NOT using the included resistor.

These are the JScan items I set to 'active' and works fine with no resistor, no warnings, and the reverse lights stay lit.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights image

The US->Euro diagnostic setting mentioned is only if you get turn signal out messages. It’s my understanding those coming from halogen have not gotten this message.

If you have issue with the backup lights not saying on, you should reach out to Oracle to get a new set of resistors which has resolved this for most it seems.

First Name
R4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubi
Occupation
Shape Shifter
I got a 21' Rubi with LED package and their reverse bumper lights giving me signal out error. I know about the google doc. I am still very disappointed waiting all this time for easily avoidable day 1 error.

now we keep waiting?!

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I got a 21' Rubi with LED package and their reverse bumper lights giving me signal out error. I know about the google doc. I am still very disappointed waiting all this time for easily avoidable day 1 error.

now we keep waiting?!
Do you only have the bumper reverse lights? Or do you also have the Flush Mount Tails installed?
Sponsored