Sponsored

Gladiator Quality Control Issues

Kelso101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Hi All,

First time posting on this forum. I was extremely happy to be joining the gladiator family, however, I have had nothing but issues dealing with @JeepCares on my 2021 Gladiator High Altitude. I have two issues that are concerning to me:

1. My windshield is leaking water. I took this in for a warranty claim. The dealer agreed that there is an issue with the seal, but disagreed that was causing the water leak. The dealer then put silicone over the issue and sent it back. Jeep cares said they can't do anything about that. Unfortunately, I didn't take a before picture as I didn't think I would be dealing with this.
  2. My seat looks stretched out and sags. I am not an overly large guy, and this is simply unacceptable. The cost of this jeep I would expect the leather to hold shape like it does on the other seats. The leather in my Ram 1500 looked brand new through the three years of ownership.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Quality Control Issues Gladiator Seat

Working with @JeepCares has been pulling teeth. The representative on my case will not answer her phone, has a full voicemail and does not respond to email. I have to call through and select the option for a new representative who will then transfer me to her, despite my request for a new case manager.

I have been a huge fan of Jeep, and my love of my 2017 Grand Cherokee pushed me towards the Gladiator when looking for a new truck.

These are just the two items that I can't just live with as a quirk. Has anybody else been dealing with poor quality control on their Gladiator?
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
How is your windshield leaking on to your seat........the physics involved there have me intrigued

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I would suggest trying to in touch with someone in corporate other than @JeepCares because @JeepCares is probably the least caring part of the whole organization.

OP
OP

Kelso101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
How is your windshield leaking on to your seat........the physics involved there have me intrigued
No, leaking down on to the seat would lead me to believe it is a bad seal on the freedom hard top. This is running down the windshield from the left of the rear view mirror. There was an imperfection with the seal (of the window into the jeep, not the hardtop) that the dealer seemed to cover with silicone.

While this may correct the problem, why would they deny my warranty claim to have it fixed correctly?

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they are 2 separate issues.

Re the leak. where did they put the silicone??

I took one look at my seat, with the large single section of leather right where my butt goes and knew it would be stretched out quickly.

There's no way around it. Its a poor design. My Volvo had 3 separate panels in the area where my Jeep has 1. The 3 panels allow some stretchiness in the seams and prevents one large piece of leather getting blown out.

My Volvo's drivers seat looked nearly new after 140k miles. So it must have worked.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I can see the seat, but the windshield is no place near it. The OP needs to correct his statement.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, leaking down on to the seat would lead me to believe it is a bad seal on the freedom hard top. This is running down the windshield from the left of the rear view mirror. There was an imperfection with the seal (of the window into the jeep, not the hardtop) that the dealer seemed to cover with silicone.

While this may correct the problem, why would they deny my warranty claim to have it fixed correctly?
I say this half tongue in cheek, and half seriously. Wait until winter then throw a lacrosse ball at it. There will be a crack, but no chip. Tell them that it happened when you turned on the defroster.

They will replace the windshield. You should then remind them of the other problem. While you are at it, you might as well replace the seal.

OP
OP

Kelso101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I can see the seat, but the windshield is no place near it. The OP needs to correct his statement.
These are two separate issues. I did not mean to imply the windshield leak had anything to do with the seat. The windshield is leaking into the dash, as it runs down the windshield.

I say this half tongue in cheek, and half seriously. Wait until winter then throw a lacrosse ball at it. There will be a crack, but no chip. Tell them that it happened when you turned on the defroster.

They will replace the windshield. You should then remind them of the other problem. While you are at it, you might as well replace the seal.
Ha, the truck also has the gorilla glass windshield. Hoping that it holds up better than the standard one but that is yet to be seen.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Because FCAs warranty is garbage! Sorry, man!

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Find another dealership.

Ha, the truck also has the gorilla glass windshield. Hoping that it holds up better than the standard one but that is yet to be seen.
Good luck. Reading the threads about gorilla glass isn't good.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
These are just the two items that I can't just live with as a quirk.
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but if you can't live with these 'quirks', then I would suggest that you trade it in on something else. More of these quirks will most likely pop up, and chances are you won't be happy with how they are handled by Jeep either. Anyhow, I know it sucks to hear that, but if you expect quality and service commensurate with sticker price, Jeep is not the brand for you.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but if you can't live with these 'quirks', then I would suggest that you trade it in on something else. More of these quirks will most likely pop up, and chances are you won't be happy with how they are handled by Jeep either. Anyhow, I know it sucks to hear that, but if you expect quality and service commensurate with sticker price, Jeep is not the brand for you.
Well said…