First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I’m pretty pissed off right now considering I paid extra for the GG windshield. We finally got snow for pretty much the first time in Colorado. So I’m driving around and had the heat on the windshield to warm it and remove some ice. I pull into a parking lot and I’m going 5MPH and it just pops and cracks from the bottom of the windshield up. WTF. No impact, nothing hit it, just cracked from temperature. Anyone else had this problem with this windshield or really any windshield? I’ve never seen a car windshield crack because weather that wasn’t already cracked. Also no, the windshield is in perfect condition so there was no chips.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I’ve never seen a car windshield crack because weather that wasn’t already cracked.
I had a crack show up from a chip while the truck was parked outside in the sunshine.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there are really no chips, you should not have a problem getting it replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
If there are really no chips, you should not have a problem getting it replaced under warranty.
Yeah, thankfully it has the warranty. But to me it’s just a design flaw, windshields shouldn’t crack for no reason.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Really? So just as random as this?
Yes, it was weird coming out of church and seeing the crack that wasn't there in the morning. But the Jeep was parked facing the sun. Insurance replaced the windshield with another Mopar one.

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
Literally just had this happen. Last night I heard a rattling on what I thought was the dash, at the base of the windshied… I was stuck in traffic earlier today and noticed a new sun glint from the passenger lower corner. Right under the Willys silhouette up at a diagonal. No stone chip nothing, just a crack.

Two month old truck. :mad:

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Seen it occasionally on a couple different type vehicles. Crack due to cold weather. Usually when its cold and defrost is used. Bad glass.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
I had a crack show up from a chip while the truck was parked outside in the sunshine.
1) I have gorilla glass and 2) this happened to me today. Temps in the low 70’s with full sun to light misting/rain. Came back after awhile and found the windshield cracked along its entire perimeter of the glass. I wish it would show up on camera but it’s difficult to see.

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass Windshield Cracked For No Reason 4E48357F-B846-406C-9C43-8D3410C5DD01

Yeah, thankfully it has the warranty. But to me it’s just a design flaw, windshields shouldn’t crack for no reason.
Was this resolved? Did warranty cove5 the repairs?

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
1) I have gorilla glass and 2) this happened to me today. Temps in the low 70’s with full sun to light misting/rain. Came back after awhile and found the windshield cracked along its entire perimeter of the glass. I wish it would show up on camera but it’s difficult to see.

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass Windshield Cracked For No Reason 4E48357F-B846-406C-9C43-8D3410C5DD01

Was this resolved? Did warranty cove5 the repairs?
That’s annoying! Yep, they covered it! Just went to the dealer and told them what happened.

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
Stopped by my dealer and they said glass isn’t covered under warranty. He stated it had to have been hit by something in order to crack. I’ll go back and speak with the service manager later this week. What’s interesting is the crack is on the inside of the windshield, not the outside.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped by my dealer and they said glass isn’t covered under warranty. He stated it had to have been hit by something in order to crack. I’ll go back and speak with the service manager later this week. What’s interesting is the crack is on the inside of the windshield, not the outside.
He'd never heard of a stress crack? Glued-in windshields (since the 1990s) can break just due to flexing of the windshield frame area.

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
In hindsight, I regret ordering the GG from factory for a whopping $500 extra. Seems like money thrown away with all these reports.

I remember renting a 2-door JL a few years ago in Colorado. I accidentally touch the inside of the windshield lightly with the handle of a snow brush and it cracks the windshield.

Jeep needs to get their act together with these ridiculous windshields. Almost like they get a kick-back from the garbage glass manufacturer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In hindsight, I regret ordering the GG from factory for a whopping $500 extra. Seems like money thrown away with all these reports.

I remember renting a 2-door JL a few years ago in Colorado. I accidentally touch the inside of the windshield lightly with the handle of a snow brush and it cracks the windshield.

Jeep needs to get their act together with these ridiculous windshields. Almost like they get a kick-back from the garbage glass manufacturer.
Yes and no........... it depends on your goals and priorities.
Anyone buying it thinking "great, no more, or at least fewer, rock chips" or "there, this is much less likely to crack" will be disappointed.

I'm sort of surprised that Jeep is misleading with their marketing implying chip and crack numbers dropping.
Under specific situations, yes, but.........................

My reasons for ordering it were -
lighter weight. It cuts the windshield weight by a good 30% by most numbers I've seen. That's not a bad thing when shoving a heavy brick through the air
Safer in accidents where objects may impact the glass in such a way as to breach the cabin area, or in a way that sends shards of glass into the face and eyes of occupants.
In other words, in some cases, it will protect occupants from broken glass and resist intrusions into the cabin. It's a safety factor. Some impacts against windshield glass actually flex the inner layer of the sandwich, flexing the inside layer of glass next to your face, sending broken glass at you. GG flexes instead of breaks into pieces in those cases.

But because the outer layer facing the bugs and wind and rain is still your normal soda-lime glass like other windshields, if it gets hit - it breaks.

This entire video is really cool in how they explain what GG is, how it's made, and shows, even if not on purpose, what it won't do.........

CPL Dump

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
Occupation
Bum
Happed to me today! 541 miles on mine. Just cracked for no reason pulling out of Lowes parking lot. Lol.
Sponsored