Sponsored

Hard Top or Soft Top?

Are you or have you bought/ordered a hard top or a soft top?

• Total voters

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Which are you buying/ordering and why?
Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Loved the dual top on my JLUR, just can’t seem to like the soft top look on the JT...guess that’s why I went with white hard top, oh, and it was the only JT in the state at the time...hahaha

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Hard top all the way. 1. Northeast winters 2. Daily driver-the noise would piss me off 3. 3 piece freedom top is lightweight, and even the back section is light and easy to remove, and storage is cake with these trucks, make a fixture to keep it in the bed of the truck! 4. People are a**holes and you're at higher risk of theft with a top you can slice through with a blunt tip pair of childrens scissors. 5. Looks better.

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
It will be down or off most of the time even in northern Illinois. Most of my Jeeps (cj, yj, tj and jku) kept the soft top on all year round. The soft tops have really come a long way from my old CJ top. But on the other hand I don't drive a whole lot so I could see the benefit of freedom top. Just don't want to spend the extra money.

Sponsored

Dorbritz

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Jeep Wrangler, 65 VW Beetle, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray.
I am waiting to order the stingray later this month and my initial plans was to order the combo top but now I am thinking I will probably only order the hard top option. I can't see my self taking the time to switch them over.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Going factory soft top and debating if I'll even go to the "premium" top. With a JLU and the Gladiator in the garage when it shows up I won't have room to put the hard top anywhere. That and we have random top down weather 8 months out of the year, so the soft top is just easier.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’m planning to order mine with just the hard top. I am anticipating some good aftermarket soft top options, and Jeep hard tops usually sell for big money in the second hand market if I decide I prefer something else.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I ordered the dual tops with my Wrangler... had the hoist, the storage rack, the whole nine yards. Never switched from the hardtop - sold the hoist, soft top, storage rack etc.

The freedom panels are just so dang easy. And I like the security and quiet of the hardtop.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Hard top. MUCH easier and cheaper to add soft top later, vs. adding hard top later. Wiring will be pre-installed for defrost at the factory. Better for winter. Higher security. Higher resale.

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Hard top. Can always pickup a soft top later, but this is the one and only chance to get a hard top. Historically they can't be ordered from Mopar. They don't ship well.

Cjsmith

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone know if the ordering system allows the Stingray Color to be ordered now, I realize that color is scheduled for production June 24.

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with the hard top, and I SWEAR they said I had the dual top option when I bought it. Even had this wrapped up vinyl "thing" in plastic that I thought was the soft top. Went to swap out the tops this weekend, and came to find out this "thing" was actually the Freedom Panel Storage case. Not mad....but i was kind hoping to have the option to switch to either.

Then again I'm lazy....and if i had to choose, it would def be the hard top.
Sponsored