Sponsored

Is LED package worth it? OEM vs Oracle output?

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
OEM are nice. Great light output and cutoff. But if I was going to go aftermarket the only two I would consider would be JW Speaker or KC Hilites Gravity Pros. Both are excellent options with great warranties. Warranties that you deal with people right here in the US. Not having to jump through hoops dealing with 3rd party vendors and overseas customer service.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The risk is that the aftermarket company who you buy your led lights from goes out of business & you have to buy a new set. If someone made a heated led headlight kit that would be šŸ˜Ž

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If you guys think the factory LED fogs are good, I HIGHLY recommend you look into Diode Dynamics SS3 Pros. They SMOKE the factory fogs, and get great side coverage for ditches/campsites.

As far as headlights, both OEM and Oracle are great, I prefer the look of OEM though. The "eye" of the oracles are a bit too much for me. There's also the issue of the "green hue" that the oracle headlight DRL's were suffering from for quite some time, not sure if they ever actually admitted to their issue and if it's ironed out now though.

several posts of the "green hue" in here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/oracle-oculus-bi-led-headlight-replacements.20439/
I can vouch for the DD SS3 Fogs as I replaced the useless factory Halogen fogs with the DD3 and they are fantastic. As for Headlights. I think you would be good with either choice. I have the Oracle Switchbacks and have had not issues with them. They are a great upgrade over the factory halogens which were also useless.

Quicklybroken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner
I went oracle. Still waiting for my jeep but testing shows them as clear winner and it saved me a ton of money for a simple install.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
I have factory LEDs.

Hereā€™s my take: if you live somewhere it snows, donā€™t get the LED headlights. LED headlights donā€™t generate enough heat to burn off the snow, the snow will pack into the headlight recesses and in the dark, you will quickly run out of light to drive with.

That said, you can do what I did and Buy halogen auxiliary driving lights, and I use those when Iā€™m in snow conditions.
Halogens in photo, for what it's worth. I've since done a full LED conversion from Oracle and the light output is incredible.

IMG_0695.jpg

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hi Don, thank you for considering the ORACLE Lighting Oculus! Hoping to give some information here to help with your decision, and we've had hundreds of customers make the switch from OEM LED to the Oculus with great satisfaction. Happy to answer any other questions and bump your post to get more opinions for you!

Here is a wall test comparison against the OEM. As you may see, the Oculus offers a sharper cutoff, better fill, and no artifacts (glare) above the line. All around, they provide enhanced driver visibility with increased and focused LED light output.

Jeep Gladiator Is LED package worth it?  OEM vs Oracle output? wall_test_1_1024x1024-5

This is one of our most popular 5-star rated products. You can see verified customer reviews here as well as customer photos.

If you are curious about installation, they simply install using original mounting hardware and headlight wiring is Plug & Play into the factory connector without additional relays or harnesses. Most people complete it in under an hour.

Here's a customer photo of the beam
Jeep Gladiator Is LED package worth it?  OEM vs Oracle output? oculus_beam_Pattern_Wrangler_JL_ORACLE_1024x1024

As someone also mentioned, we are releasing a heated version that is perfect for cold climates. That should be available in a few months. Here is a thread with more info: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...use-led-because-the-lens-is-not-heated.30238/.

You also asked about our High Powered headlights. The main differences there are that the High Powered are 7" so you will install with our bracket/adapter and also while it is a great upgrade, the Oculus will be top-dog in terms of output, focus, and performance. If you want the best you could get, Oculus it is.

You can also see the performance improvements we made in 2020 here to make them even brighter with a more even, balanced halo with the same great focus.

Search the forum as well! There are several threads from members with their feedback too. Another resource I might suggest is Youtube. There are many videos of customers making the switch so you can see the difference and install process too!

As for all of your other lights, they are easily switched to LED bulbs or housings which we can help you choose.

We are happy to help with any other questions you or anyone here may have. Feel free to reply or PM us!

-Rachel

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Does the tazer allow you to configure them to go OFF with low and ON with high? This is what I'd want if I replaced the fogs with driving lights. Just curious. Obviously it doesn't figure into my decision.
No.
The risk is that the aftermarket company who you buy your led lights from goes out of business & you have to buy a new set. If someone made a heated led headlight kit that would be šŸ˜Ž
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/premium-heated-led-projector-beam-headlights-jeep-wrangler-jl

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Is this an LED bulb in the OEM halogen housing or the OEM LED housing? I have latter and it looks nothing like what you're showing here.
Hi, the right side is the OEM LED housing. You can see this exact test live in this video from CJ Pony - wall test starts at 13:53.

-Rachel

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Factory was worth it to me too. Granted I have not seen the oculus at night but mine are great. Sometimes factory is great and this is a factory item (baked into the cost too) that was worth it. No out of pocket cost after and no time spent to work on all of it. Side note - if youā€™re doing the safety package it will come with the LED tail lights.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory was worth it to me too. Granted I have not seen the oculus at night but mine are great. Sometimes factory is great and this is a factory item (baked into the cost too) that was worth it. No out of pocket cost after and no time spent to work on all of it. Side note - if youā€™re doing the safety package it will come with the LED tail lights.
Hmm. I will be doing the safety package.

And I assume the price of the LED light option doesn't go down if you get both. Very clever how they bone you on that having you pay for something twice.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the Oracle Occulus and the DiodeDynamics SS3 pods for fogs. I also ordered the Oracle tail lights but have the CJ LED replacement pods with sequential directional and the Oracle backup lamp modules in the bumper. Super bright all around, very satisfied with my purchases and ease of installation.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, thank you all for your input. It sounds like there isn't really a bad choice with satisfied people all around.

Bottom line, the incandescent lights suck. If you don't get the factory LED, get an aftermarket one.

Its funny, back when lights were only H3 and H4s, I had a source for high wattage H4s (75/90 watt) and H3s (90Watt). But no cars use those bulbs anymore.

Thanks again.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hmm. I will be doing the safety package.

And I assume the price of the LED light option doesn't go down if you get both. Very clever how they bone you on that having you pay for something twice.
Nope they like to bone you a lot. With the towing package, aux package, and cargo I should have gotten additional alternators for free. I paid for at least two upgraded alternators on my build.

Honestly based on that alone you could come out a decent amount ahead going aftermarket since you don't need to touch the taillights.
Sponsored