Sponsored

Is there a way to make a complete spacer lift besides AEV?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been planning a real lift eventually once I feel I get my money’s worth out of stock tires/shocks on my Rubicon.
In the meantime, I’ve been trying to convince myself a spacer lift would be worth it…

problem is, they almost all seem like “leveling kits” with minimal/no rear lift, and I don’t mind keeping some rake.
-AEV seems like the only spacer kit with equal front/rear lift. $400. But they include carrier bearing bracket and shock extensions and sway bar links, and procal for bigger tires (though with real lift and bigger tires I was planning on a tazer).

-I kept trying to find a cheaper set of equal lift spacers and cheaper LCA geometry brackets to make an equivalent package and add a tazer, but I can’t find equal front/rear spacers for the JT, not to mention shock extensions. You can source a carrier bearing bracket and front spacers cheap, but I can’t seem to get everything together unless I’m looking in the wrong places. (Also plan on adding geometry correction brackets, there are others for cheaper as well.)

so is the AEV kit actually a pretty good deal?
Is there another way that I’m missing?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
How much lift are you trying to obtain with the spacers? If your not jumping to a taller tire size yet, I'd just keep it stock since the Rubicon has a nice stance with the factory equipment.

If you just want a small bump, I believe Daystar sells a 3/4" Front/Rear Spacer kit. There is also the option of getting the Teraflex 1.5" Leveling spacer and a Daystar 3/4" rear spacer. With the Teraflex you could remove the 1/2" spacer if you wanted to retain more rake.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
You could always do the Terraflex 1 1/2" front and the Daystar 3/4" rear. It'll give you a little bit more height with a little less rake.

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The more I read the response from teraflex, the more I think he means it will level it out. Guess I will be stuck with the AEV as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mx5red

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
How much lift are you trying to obtain with the spacers? If your not jumping to a taller tire size yet, I'd just keep it stock since the Rubicon has a nice stance with the factory equipment.
my thinking exactly… was planning on keeping stock until tires wear out then maybe going whole shebang and going either Clayton/RK/MC lift with maybe some accutune shocks🤷‍♂️

I only recently pondered the spacer lift because I might need a little lift for another project and they’re cheap. Not sure I want to do it before going bigger tires, it’ll depend on how my other project turns out.

OP
OP
mx5red

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Iron Rock, but it's a 2" lift.
Thanks, didn’t see the iron rock 2” lift.
If I do it I would be looking at 2” or more instead of like 0.75”..

so options are:
Iron Rock 2” $250
-front/rear spacers
-shock extensions

Teraflex ?2.5” $300
-2” + 0.5” front spacers. 0.5” rear spacers
-sway bar end links
-bump stop extensions

AEV 2” $400
-f/r spacers
-shock extensions
-sway bar end links
-bump stop extensions
-carrier bearing spacer
-Procal for changing tire size

cheap end links are $25-40 each.
Bump stop extensions are $40 - $90 per pair
Shock extensions look like $50-100 per pair.
Bearing spacers are ~$30 rockjock or Spicer (FYI per other thread Rear drive shaft carrier bearing attachment bolts - 45 ft. lbs.)
JScan or tazer are what, $100-300

So, I don’t know how vital longer sway bar end links or the carrier bearing spacer are, but it seems like you’d for sure want shock extensions, and would be worth correcting the bump stops if you added bigger tires, which I’m sure most people would be doing if lifting…

So there are other options, but the AEV lift seems to cover all the bases for not much more $ than the other lifts. I’m surprised they don’t charge more.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not to change it up on you but why not wait and buy a full lift?? I think just based upon the amount of doubt you have and the lack of options you are finding to lift the front and rear equally you will always be second guessing this decision and that is never fun. I wanted to maintain my rake as you have also mentioned this being important to you and also I wanted a balanced suspension that improved the day to day performance as well as gave me a bit more performance off road. I ultimately went with the full AEV lift and have absolutely no regrets. I initially had the Teraflex leveling kit as I wanted to get 35's on the truck as quick as possible. This did the trick as an interim step but I did not like how the truck sat and contributed greatly to my decision on retaining the rake when I finally went for the full upgrade. I also think the rake has helped me avoid getting high centered when running offroad as compared to other leveled Gladiators running 2-3 inch lifts and 35's. I have no science to base this on other than I get over obstacles that others are getting caught on and really the only major difference is the higher rear end on my ride. Could just be lucky or I could be picking better lines but I just don't think I'm that good :)