Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
They’ve said multiple times, end of quarter 2. That’s the 2nd quarter or “spring” quarter. Q2 ends at the end of June. Spring ends on June 21.
Hate to be negative but this has all been known, the official forum even had a piece on it a few weeks ago. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/jt-gladiator-will-hit-showrooms-in-june/
Ok, I stand corrected. Sorry I jumped there. Maybe its cause my current DD XJ has ball bearings wearing out in the HVAC fan and it makes a terrible grinding noise, just started this last cold spell. I would delete my previous post but I think that is sort of a BS way to go about it, so I will just own up to my mistake.

Sorry FCA and Jay, I am just getting impatient.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So, "Jeep will be running to the bank with everyone's cash".

Great.

Not my cash.

And I'm not sorry.

Love, Reese's

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ok, I stand corrected. Sorry I jumped there. Maybe its cause my current DD XJ has ball bearings wearing out in the HVAC fan and it makes a terrible grinding noise, just started this last cold spell. I would delete my previous post but I think that is sort of a BS way to go about it, so I will just own up to my mistake.

Sorry FCA and Jay, I am just getting impatient.
ha, i saw that news article that its coming in june, guess i didn't see that the ordering was also pushed back.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Just speculating here but maybe Jeep is going to do what Porsche does when they launch a new model.

The first several hundred are virtually identical which allows the production line to gain experience and allows suppliers an easier time to ramp up before the custom orders start flowing.

With Porsche all the launch vehicles are always Silver with leather interiors and are fairly loaded to capture the most money for those (like us) who can’t wait to get behind the wheel and are willing to pay up.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
With Porsche all the lunch vehicles are always Silver with leather interiors and are fairly loaded
When I go to LUNCH, i too want to drive a silver vehicle with leather interior.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I know everyone has a dealer who has given them info, some with more credibility than others. That said I have just heard from my friend who is a salesman for Jeep. When I say friend, I mean I have trusted him on some mountaineering adventures including his avalanche risk assessment and to belay me on some difficult pitches. In other words I have literally trusted him with my life.

Long story short, this is the first time he has told me he has concrete info. He said I can order in April for June or July production. That is all he had at this time, no update on pricing or anything else.

Mostly confirms what we were already thinking but thought I would share anyway.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So would this be like 10 week arrival after ordering?
I don't know but my guess is they are probably taking order before production. So if you order in April the wait will be long. If you order in June the wait will be even longer as you will have all the April/May orders in front of you that probably haven't started yet. If you order in Sept, maybe the back log (self created by FCA) will be caught up and the order will come faster? Plus production usually starts slow at first and picks up as the line learns each step. Maybe the back log last longer or grows by Sept? Maybe it will be caught up by August?

Honestly I told you everything I know, now we are just speculating, again.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I have the money and I’m ready and willing, but I also have plans and places to get to this summer. The question is, will I be driving a Jeep or a Toyota? Do I stick with what I’m comfortable with, or do I roll the dice on something that oozes cool factor but is as yet unproven?

These are the questions I have and the longer they take, the more time they give me to think, the less likely I am to take that chance. They need to have a bowel movement or get off the pot...

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I'm perfectly OK with this! More time to get my sh!t together financially. And now, hopefully, the lag time between production launch and Ecodiesel launch will be shorter. It is my hope that I keep this thing for 20 years or so, like the only other new vehicle I bought (97 TJ), so I will wait for the one I want.

To me, this is my classic muscle car. The JT Rubicon diesel is the '60s Mustang GT or Camaro SS of today, including the red accents inside. The fact that in 1968 you could buy a hopped up muscle car right off the truck and go race it, is now a hopped up (442 ft lbs of torque) Jeep trail/overland/sport touring rig I can drive off the lot, load it with outdoors crap, and go run the Rubicon if I want, is absolutely HUGE.

My build will be a very minimal Rubicon. Cold weather package, Hard top, trailer brake control and proximity entry. No desire to have any of the upgraded electronics like nav or safety crap. Don't need leather either. I may pop for LEDs. I will add an AEV front bumper and a winch, and some sort of ladder rack for my roofy (roof top tent). That's it.

Now, if BFG will make me a custom set of KO2s with Batmobile red sidewall stripes, I'd need some serious alone time (to take care of some business that nunya wanna know about).

COK-6764340.jpg
This in 35" KO2s... On a black Gladiator Rubicon.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I'm perfectly OK with this! More time to get my sh!t together financially. And now, hopefully, the lag time between production launch and Ecodiesel launch will be shorter. It is my hope that I keep this thing for 20 years or so, like the only other new vehicle I bought (97 TJ), so I will wait for the one I want.

To me, this is my classic muscle car. The JT Rubicon diesel is the '60s Mustang GT or Camaro SS of today, including the red accents inside. The fact that in 1968 you could buy a hopped up muscle car right off the truck and go race it, is now a hopped up (442 ft lbs of torque) Jeep trail/overland/sport touring rig I can drive off the lot, load it with outdoors crap, and go run the Rubicon if I want, is absolutely HUGE.

My build will be a very minimal Rubicon. Cold weather package, Hard top, trailer brake control and proximity entry. No desire to have any of the upgraded electronics like nav or safety crap. Don't need leather either. I may pop for LEDs. I will add an AEV front bumper and a winch, and some sort of ladder rack for my roofy (roof top tent). That's it.

Now, if BFG will make me a custom set of KO2s with Batmobile red sidewall stripes, I'd need some serious alone time (to take care of some business that nunya wanna know about).

COK-6764340.jpg
This in 35" KO2s... On a black Gladiator Rubicon.
Just to be clear. You do know the tires on the Rubicon are Wildpeak AT3Ws. Optional Wildpeak MT.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Just to be clear. You do know the tires on the Rubicon are Wildpeak AT3Ws. Optional Wildpeak MT.
Yes, I know. The red stripey tire is a fantasy. Nothing more $$ won't solve though.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Fappage for Biily -

Grabber1.PNG