Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepBrandOfficial
I think it would be nice to have some update from the engineers and to what is being done to remedy the PO300 misfire issue & Auto stop start issue.
This has plagued the gladiator since day one and FCA has still not released a definitive fix that actually works.
It would be good to know if this is even on their radar as an issue and what is being done to fix the issue.
Some are being lemon law for this and us other are waiting for a fix.
So what are they actually doing to fix this?
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
I want to see a top and rear window identical to a 4-Runner/Tundra...Where the whole [solid, no slide] rear window drops down into the body, and out of the top, and the top can still be removed from the body and the window is completely hidden inside the body panel between the bed and cab. How cool would that be???

Also, is FCA going to install braces on ALL our JT's for free (RECALL), since the steering issues have cost many folks lots of money, and so much time and effort that someone has already figured out the issue, and come up with an aftermarket solution from their shitty factory design flaw?

How about them offering a 5.7 Hemi option for the Max Tow, Mojave, and Rubicon models, and then the Rubicon also has a 6.4 Hemi upgrade option from there, because, well....It's a Rubicon, so it deserves it's own special place in the hierarchy. ;)

How about a couple of extra factory-offered user-adjustable options, like tire sizes for shift-points and speedo recalibration, fogs w/ high beams, etc... That would be a nice feature, because it's a damn Jeep...How many people actually drive a STOCK Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator model? Pretty much less than 5% of owners. 95% of people immediately mod with lift, tires, wheels, etc...

Also, how about allowing small mods to the vehicles (like mentioned above) and still allowing maintain of full-factory warranty, without the dealerships being allowed to void warranties or discriminate against your vehicle for service, etc... while it's still under warranty.

Add Ultimate Dana 60s with air lockers, gear ratio package and you’ve got your self a winner.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
Will Jeep offer the Gladiator in other cab/bed configurations such as the J6 concept or an extended cab with a longer bed? It seems to me, with my rudimentary research capabilities, that the truck market is ready for the return of a small, tough, nimble, off-road capable pickup truck. Please don't allow CAFE regulations to be an excuse for not offering smaller wheelbase vehicles.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good Question, I think we will do a whole section on product features as there are quite a few questions on them. We should be able to post a recap once it wraps.
I do have one other concern, why not program the ESS to retain last setting memory. This would just take a software update and please a lot of your customers. Having to go to aftermarket for this is totally unnecessary when your engineers can develop with very little time invested

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
1. Nothing says more about the American spirit and heritage than Jeep. I salute you for using this memorable time in our history to gain an appreciation for your customer's needs, wants and desires. It says allot about the Jeep Team's character. Thanks.
2. My local dealer told me I can order my Diesel JT first week in May; when can I expect delivery? Which models will it be offered in?
3. Knowing that your Jeep customers are going to uniquely modify their Jeeps, and that many of these mods increase weight, lesser mileage, etc., why doesn't Jeep offer more accessories (fenders, bumpers, skid plates, etc.) in aluminum?
4. Most of my other questions were addressed in previous replies. Again, thanks for the opportunity, and stay safe to everyone in the Jeep Family.

Sponsored

BrentThomas

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon, 19 Cherokee, 93 C3500 454, 04 Silverado RCSB
I agree with all of the above

Adding a frivolous option. The sky roof, friend of mine has it on his Wrangler. This is a great option, very enjoyable, expensive and yes I understand it would not open as far (also that it might need to be replaced at some point).

Still we are all asking what options it would take for us owners to buy again. I got 19 years out of the TJ, the Gladiator made having a car payment worth it

Hemi, 60's, Skyroof...yep I would be a buyer. Maybe the next Generation they make sure the Ram truck V8 engine and transmission fits...

Look forward to Tuesday thanks

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
'Jeep Wander' needs to be addressed. Around town and on trails, it's manageable. On the highway, it can be a white knuckle experience. Wider tires have helped a little, but its still there. This is my only complaint about current production models. I'm constantly sawing on the wheel with the current gear box and stabilizer. Somebody is going to get in an accident and call Jeep out on this issue.

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
Diesel Gladiator! The rest can be purchased aftermarket.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
'Jeep Wander' needs to be addressed. Around town and on trails, it's manageable. On the highway, it can be a white knuckle experience. Wider tires have helped a little, but its still there. This is my only complaint about current production models. I'm constantly sawing on the wheel with the current gear box and stabilizer. Somebody is going to get in an accident and call Jeep out on this issue.
I’ve noticed this as well... The wide offset wheels and tires helped a good bit, but it still has wander at higher speeds. I just ordered a Fox TS 2.0 steering stabilizer for it this morning. Picked it up on Amazon for $217... I don’t foresee it fixing the problem, but it surely will help, being that it’s a neutral dampener with no pull to either side.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Diesel Gladiator! The rest can be purchased aftermarket.
Diesel or Hemi... Either way, it needs more power. IMO, the V6 was a stupid call for Jeep.

Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed this as well... The wide offset wheels and tires helped a good bit, but it still has wander at higher speeds. I just ordered a Fox TS 2.0 steering stabilizer for it this morning. Picked it up on Amazon for $217... I don’t foresee it fixing the problem, but it surely will help, being that it’s a neutral dampener with no pull to either side.
If you can, let me know if the addition improves steering. Can you post the link to the stabilizer?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you can, let me know if the addition improves steering. Can you post the link to the stabilizer?
I talked to Fox this morning about the people claiming negative results, and he said that basically, those people have much larger underlying vehicle problems than a steering stabilizer. He said most-likely their steering geometry is off, or they have axle or steering problems, causing the “wobble” that most of the negative reviews have claimed. He said they most-likely had the issue before the new stabilizer, bought the stabilizer thinking it was a cure-all, but the stabilizer can only help so much, so the problem persisted. Which, having messed with off-road trucks, big tires, wheels, lifts, etc... my whole life, I agree with completely with what he said. :like:

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Factory-Inc-985-02-127-Performance/dp/B07PFGHMB6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the 1” - 4” dead-zone in hundreds of the 68418449AE steering boxes going to be addressed in this livestream event?
I mentioned it...Several times...in the FCA survey they sent me, so hopefully they will recall and fix it, or just have the dealerships install those steering box support bracket/braces on every one of our trucks. :like:

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to Fox this morning about the people claiming negative results, and he said that basically, those people have much larger underlying vehicle problems than a steering stabilizer. He said most-likely their steering geometry is off, or they have axle or steering problems, causing the “wobble” that most of the negative reviews have claimed. He said they most-likely had the issue before the new stabilizer, bought the stabilizer thinking it was a cure-all, but the stabilizer can only help so much, so the problem persisted. Which, having messed with off-road trucks, big tires, wheels, lifts, etc... my whole life, I agree with completely with what he said. :like:

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Factory-Inc-985-02-127-Performance/dp/B07PFGHMB6
Absolutely agree with the comment.
Sponsored