Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Why can’t you buy the painted fenders from the Jeep factory I have been trying to find painted fenders for my gladiator rubicon since July and all they offer is the non painted fenders that you have to have painted to match your gladiator looks like if they are putting painted fenders on at the factory you should be able to buy them and you can’t buy the cleats for the trail rail system you have to buy the whole system I just need extra tie downs
Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my 2018 JLU. But, I'm selling that to recoup some of the cost of my 2020 JT ... which I also love! Here's my laundry list (wish list) ...

- Steering wander & death wobble are hit or miss per vehicle. I realize they're not the same, but both are related to design/engineering/manufacturing. Stabilizers only mask the geometry and/or materials that are underlying causes of these issues.

- Body-mounted side mirrors should be standard on a vehicle that is otherwise designed to go topless/doorless.

- Smaller key fob.

- Better base tech + (power locks & windows) for a starting price over $30,000

Otherwise,
+ I love that it accepts larger tires so easily ... plenty of 'room to grow'

+ I love that it provides the same interior seating space as the JLU ... with sufficient seat adjustments to 'personalize' the fit (despite the lack of power adjustments due to the water fording height?)

+ I love the control/versatility of the factory aux switches

+ I love the simplicity of the soft top & quality of the premium version

+ I love the overall accessibility to wiring apparatus, bolts, and various spaces to allow for reasonably easy modifications

+ I appreciate the shift quality and gearing of the 8spd transmission + the ability to manually select gears while off-road

+ I love the versatility of display options in front of the driver as well as on the 7" & 8.4" touch screens

+ I appreciate the additions for rear passengers ... power outlets, window control, and rear heat/cooling vents

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What years are they? That’s not the case anymore on new ones.
Just for info BMW is 2015, Porsche is 2018, I will let the engineers explain the reason they don't do an update.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Just for info BMW is 2015, Porsche is 2018, I will let the engineers explain the reason they don't do an update.
You don’t need an engineer to explain it. It’s CAFE standards. That’s the short answer. They can go into more detail if they care to expand.

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t need an engineer to explain it. It’s CAFE standards. That’s the short answer. They can go into more detail if they care to expand.
I guess it was just a matter of time before I ran across a dilettante on this matter. But if it was a CAFE standards preventing it, you would not be able to turn it off.

ZombieRacing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 jeep YJ, 2013 Mazda CX5, 2015 VW Tiguan
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up. Any chance towing capacity will increase. 4000 lbs is not enough when the Wrangler is rated at 3500 lbs

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I guess it was just a matter of time before I ran across a dilettante on this matter. But if it was a CAFE standards preventing it, you would not be able to turn it off.
It’s my understanding that manufactures get different amount of incentives for whether it’s on the car, turns on automatically every time you start it, or whether it’s not defeatable at all.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
That is not true, I own both a Porsche and BMW with last setting memory
Under the current EPA Regulations, Jeep is not allowed to give you an option to keep it turned off and still get full credit for using ESS to increase overall fleet MPG. That is why it defaults to enabled every time the vehicle is started. They can give you a button to temporarily disable it, just not an option to keep it disabled. This dance with the EPA creates aftermarket options. Jeep doesn't care if you add the ability to keep it turned off after you buy it. They don't provide the option because that is an increased cost for them and additonal EPA hassle they have to deal with.

Last edited:

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Under the current EPA Regulations, Jeep is not allowed to give you an option to keep it turned off and still get full credit for using ESS to increase overall fleet MPG. That is why it defaults to enabled every time the vehicle is started. They can give you a button to temporarily disable it, just not an option to keep it disabled. This dance with the EPA creates aftermarket options. Jeep doesn't care if you add the ability to keep it turned off after you buy it. They don't provide the option because that is an increased cost for them and additonal EPA hassle they have to deal with.
I understand the quota for mileage but with new regulations passed in March and what ESS actually saves is minimal. Besides I as a customer would gladly pay the $5.30 penalty for not meeting the CAFE standards after already paying $60000 for a vehicle. If they do not want this they can always give up their proprietory programing so we can reprogram the body module ourselves

Sponsored

cgoodwin0990

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Adventure Education Programs Director
When will you be able to lock the front and/or rear diffs in 4 high/2high? (why can they only be locked in 4low right now?)
Any updates on the diesel tow capacity?
When will the diesel launch?
Any other trims coming up in the future (like the mojave or a nice intermediate trim between sport s/rubicon?)

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Willys Wagon, 1982 Jeep Scrambler CJ8
What is Jeep's vision on a plug-in hybrid version of the Gladiator Rubicon.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
On the fence on ordering a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited diesel. Really want the Gladiator Rubicon with the diesel. When can we place our orders for the Gladiator diesel?

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to read through five pages of comments, so forgive me if it's already been asked, but why no glove box light?

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
1) What special additions do they have planned for the next model year? It's the 80th anniversary of the Jeep!

2) What changes will there be for the 2021 model year?

3) More interior color choices please. I would like to see a black cloth/leather option on the Rubicon with no red dash or red stitching anywhere. Make basic black the norm and upcharge for the fancy red accents. Give me the ability to add what color I want, where I want without totally replacing a brand new interior. The only way to do that now is to order tan leather and them spend another $1,500 to replace that.

4) A soft top that folds all the way down to the bed.

5) What colors will be new for 2021 model and what colors will be cut?

6) A power rear window that the whole window goes down into the body.
Sponsored