DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have 35’s on mine... it’s leveled.

previous truck was an F150 EcoBoost 3.5 turbo... I have had sports cars as well.

As for the Jeep I would say it’s down right peppy for a Jeep and has good low end torque. I’m not disappointed in it by any means. It’s a Jeep but really fun to drive. My exhaust even makes it feel more aggressive.
Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I'm up here in the high altitude of Colorado and I am really surprised that the power is more than enough. I figured it would be a dog, knowing how heavy it was and how much altitude hurts HP. But I really can't complain. And if I want to go fast...I got a toy for that too.

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
My Overland is on it's second tank of gas.
About 605 miles over-all since buying it, 205 on this tank of gas.
I'm sitting right now about 20.1 mpg average for that 205 miles. The first tank went 400 miles and a tad more.
Shifts perfectly - absolutely perfectly. No lugging in fact on a really windy day with some hills it drops down a gear pretty readily.
I push it a bit and it drops a gear or two and revs right up. I have zero complaints at all on performance or economy at 600 miles.
My driving with this tank has included many trips to town, shopping, in and out of parking lots, some highway, plenty of hills where I live where it has to kick down a hill to make do and it does it seamlessly.
It's an excellent shifting transmission. I'd compare it to how my Silverado did (5.3 LS with automatic) but this thing beats the Silverado in average economy easily and really kicks butt if I need to scoot into traffic or get around something or into a spot in heavy traffic.
What pressure are you running your tires on? Stock?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What pressure are you running your tires on? Stock?
Yes, it was prepped with 39 and that's where I left it - that's close to recommended for the tire anyway if I recall correctly.
I could never figure why run a tire lower than recommended pressures - harder on the sidewall (heat generated) and tends to wear the face or treat on the edges more.
I could see if I was trying to get a grip in sand or climbing but for street use - why?

Sponsored

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I put 35 inch tires on my gladiator rubicon and I think it does fine the only time I notice a difference is it down shifts from 8th gear to 7th gear going up hills I haven’t redone speedometer like some have done but i have the automatic transmission with the manual option and and I use that sometimes to keep it in 7th gear and the gladiator will move down the road the gladiator with a 5.7 hemi engine would cost a lot more than what we are paying now
The Pentastar bone stock on stock 33's tends to favor 7th going uphill in general, 8th seems to be its flat level cruising gear only and drops to 7th the second it detects a slight gravitational pull from a hill.

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it was prepped with 39 and that's where I left it - that's close to recommended for the tire anyway if I recall correctly.
I could never figure why run a tire lower than recommended pressures - harder on the sidewall (heat generated) and tends to wear the face or treat on the edges more.
I could see if I was trying to get a grip in sand or climbing but for street use - why?
On pavement above freezing, its fine to run recommended pressure. Off reading is where you want to drop your tire pressure down to between 15-25psi to grab more ground, especially for rocky terrain. But you're not gonna be doing 65mph in the woods off road either.

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
its an awesome V6 IMHO ... has nice power and is fine on the highway wrt passing etc... (and I have a 2inch lift and running 35s and not much difference noticed from when it was stock) .
Thats actually reassuring to hear. I was worried that I might lose a crapload of torque with bigger and heavier tires. I was considering 37s and a 3" lift.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, the 3.6 gets a lot of negative feedback.
I get it's not super torque or anything, but the JTR is the second vehicle I've owned with the Pentastar and IMO, it's pretty good.

Our 1st was a '18 Promaster 159E turned into a camper van. Fully plumbing,batteries etc. Likely close to 9000# and while the engine struggled on 13k passes, it did them and often while passing others.
We put 33k on that van travelling the USA & Ca and it's what sold me on the Jeep.

Our JTR is just about 7 mo old and we have 25k on it with 37's, no lift. The engine serves us well.
I live in an area that is at a min. 20 miles of mountain passes in any direction from my house and it rarely leaves me feeling like I want more.

Of course, I accept that I owned a huge van and now a Jeep and now a Corvette the like.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
My Camaro 3.6 has 335 hp and 284 torque

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Do you want to adopt a 32 year old married man with three children, by any chance? I’m an active duty Marine and can cook and clean.
Those Methods look good, i zoomed in the pic...especially w the bead lock look...are those General tires light?

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
My Camaro 3.6 has 335 hp and 284 torque
Wife's Camero with the 3.6 always felt anemic to the two of us. Maybe always thought it would feel "more". Her Charger with 3.6? What we wish her Camero felt like.

The Pentastar in the JTR feels about right on 35"s, It suits my wants and needs. Unless someone comes out with a proven performance enhancer that has no drawback, I will be keeping as is. Just too reliable as now. I do like the Mopar snorkel look and CAI, but I don't want to loose any bit of performance. I have seen videos of guys swearing they feel more power, only for the dyno to confirm they lost power.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Vehicles I have direct driving experience to compare with:
1990 K5 Blazer w/35's and I think 4.10's and 700r4
2016 Chevy Traverse (wifes car) (v6/auto)
2018 Ford Fiest (4cyl non-turbo, auto)
I have little doubt the gladiator will out run all of them without a problem.
I am more than happy with the engine/transmission performance in the Gladiator I am also almost 40 years old and dont care about racing people or burnouts etc. Everyone talks like "its okay" but my gosh guys, this isnt a sports car - lets keep our perspective.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Vehicles I have direct driving experience to compare with:
1990 K5 Blazer w/35's and I think 4.10's and 700r4
2016 Chevy Traverse (wifes car) (v6/auto)
2018 Ford Fiest (4cyl non-turbo, auto)
I have little doubt the gladiator will out run all of them without a problem.
I am more than happy with the engine/transmission performance in the Gladiator I am also almost 40 years old and dont care about racing people or burnouts etc. Everyone talks like "its okay" but my gosh guys, this isnt a sports car - lets keep our perspective.
Right on, my perspective too.

WAOverlandJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Goes like a scalded cat compared to my 2015 Ecodiesel. It is tuned differently than my 2018 JLR with a 6-spd too. Big thumbs up passing traffic at 7,000 ft elevation. Also getting 20 MPG. No complaints. It will also get noticeably faster and better fuel mileage after 4k miles.
Good to hear. I’m just below 4k and struggle to be above 13
Sponsored