Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2006 TJ Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
spend money I dont have on my jeep
I have a roof mount that this guy makes. Holds an M4 pretty well. I think they make another one that goes from front to back vs. horizontal. Might be worth looking into.

https://www.wpngear.com/wpngear

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
My long guns are mostly competition shotguns so they are transported broken down in hard cases. There is no good place in the cab other than the back seat (good thing it has the extra tint). I added a backflip hard cover and with the addition of a 2x4 for cargo restraint, they are presently going in the back. Long term I plan to add a roll out gun drawer so by next season I’ll have safe and secure storage.
Decked system?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Didn't you know that? There is a key slot next to the head rest on each side.
I got the JT a year ago and just got around to swapping over to the soft top last month so I didn’t worry about it. The wife has a JL with a Tuffy cargo area box, so we usually drive that with the top off until this summer and store securely. I didn’t have a need to lock the seat backs until now—now that I know they lock. Too bad Jeep didn’t put a lock on the seat itself. I know a few vendors make an underseat box that locks to the bracket you can install on the seat, but I’m good to go with the locking Mopar box. Question now is how well do my ARs fit back there, especially the 16” .308 since it’s a little larger than my 5.56 platforms and the MD bear lottery opened today.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Sponsored

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
Decked system?
Originally I was thinking something from TruckVault only because a number of the guys i shoot with use them. The upside is they are super secure and a dedicated lockbox. The downside is that one will cost about the same as a good trap gun.

I have looked at the Decked website and they look promising. Have any experience with them?

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I put mine under the seat. But it barely fits. Scar 17. So idk if that's a good reference for you.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I would love some kind of gun system but having two car seats on either side already prevents me from using the Mopar under seat storage box. I have two Decked storage containers that I keep all my ammo and magazines in, so for now I guess I’ll have to just keep them in soft/hard cases and transport them in the bed.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Same issue for me (it has to be locked)...I couldn't find a reasonable way to store them in the cab of my Mojave. Maybe a small pistol or two, but fitting a long gun even an m4 in that rear under-seat lockable storage is a myth - especially with a red dot on it...Some people say they lock a long gun behind the back seats, must be something different about the Mojave design, ain't going to get a long gun back there...Best place for me is in the bed with the hard trifold mopar T-top locked.

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
So I’ve seen some of your ideas, thank you. I keep coming back to the main idea I had. I’m thinking a vertical mount on the rear of each front seat where the bit of the gun is in a mount on the floor and the stock and or barrel are secured the the MOLLE panels on the swayback’s. I have reached out to AAL and they are going to try and come up with something when time allows. My current thought process is a combination of PAC mounts and either gray man tactical or the AAL back seat self tapping mount. What are your thoughts on this?
Sponsored