Longest Continuous Drive in Your JT?

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Tomorrow morning we leave Wake Forest, NC for Iowa City, IA. (Permanent move) Total miles traveled are estimated at 996. Who else has put on some decent mileage on in one day and what are your thoughts about the JT being a worthy road trip warrior?
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Tomorrow morning we leave Wake Forest, NC for Iowa City, IA. (Permanent move) Total miles traveled are estimated at 996. Who else has put on some decent mileage in one day and what are your thoughts about the JT being a worthy road trip warrior?
I haven't gone quite as far, only Raleigh to Morganton in a day (and back in a day), about 3.5-4 hours without stopping. I found it pretty comfortable but I only had it for 2 days before hand so I was still getting used to it.

I don't expect you to have issues, at least I sincerely hope not.

Barth Vader

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2013 Abarth 500, 2015 Alfa 4C, 2020 JTR
I did a road rally this past weekend in mine. 21 out of 30 hours were spent behind the wheel and I put on close to 1,000 miles.

I lived. No complaints overall.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Drove to Easton PA a few weeks back for a day and drove back after a meeting the next day for work. A little over 9hr trip one way 548 miles, it felt fine to me. I did the same trip in my JKU a couple years ago and it wasn't no where near as comfortable of a ride.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
We're leaving tomorrow for a camping trip to Santa Barbara. About a 3 hour drive. I'll report back :jk: :beer::)

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I will have a 10 hour drive from KY to PA for a week vacation. 30 hours total NOT including the driving around Rausch for the badge trail. 10 hours there, 10 hours back, 10 hours of driving to and from Hershey for a wedding and trail riding.

First Name
Tim & Kelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.canyonstateoverland.org
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2015 2dr Wrangler Willys, 2016 Wrangler JKU, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
We just did 7.5 hours from the North Rim to Phoenix, first 1.5 were off road. The Mojave preformed perfect. LOVE THIS THING!!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Not a Gladiator but wife’s 2019 unlimited wrangler with heated seats, from lower Florida to Pa. in two days 15 hours straight first day, 7 straight next day. Besides averaging 24.6 MPG including the hill country of Virginias and North Carolina, it was very comfortable.
Wife agreed to replacing my Suburban with a Mojave when we got back , ordered two days later ride will ve even better, although I think It will be perhaps 2MPG or so lower mileage.....Jack

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Drove from Tampa, FL to Robbinsville, NC was about 12 hours with the dog and fiance. Could have easily went longer, but it sure maked me appreciate the radar cruise control.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Meh, pretty much every modern car sold is capable of driving with only stops for fuel. A few need oil or DEF added.

I did meet two guys in a nicely built (tons, King Shocks, bead lockers...) Gladiator from Pennsylvania a few days ago. They had driven here (Utah) and were heading to the Rubicon trail and also going to pop down to Moab. Sounded like a hell of a trip and definitely a nice rig.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So far the longest for me has been 4 hours behind the wheel but very comfortable and nice drive. No issues

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
We just drove 1,600 miles (800 each way) pulling our 18 foot camper that weighs about 3,500 pounds loaded up with 3 kayaks on top of the JT with 2 kids and 2 adults and it did great. We drove from KY to NC (Outerbanks) and went through some hilly terrain. It towed much better than the previous 2016 and 2011 Grand Cherokees I had but wasn't as comfortable as the Grand Cherokee. I wouldn't trade the JT for the best Grand Cherokee out there though. It is such a functional and fun vehicle. It did awesome offroad on the beach and was so practical. Its my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. My wife's JL is right up there with it but the extra room of the pick up bed make it such a better vehicle for my needs.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Well I picked mine up from Tri-City , just south of the North/South Carolina border and drove it home 700 miles to Central Florida in about 12 hours. Also took a 10 hour 570 trip to Northern Ga.
Both trips were very comfortable. We've had some steering issues which was irritating, but other than that it's been great. No back stiffness of aches, which I have had on long trips in every other vehicle we've owned. What else can you ask for......except decent steering:LOL:
Full disclosure: The steering mysteriously improved after a trip to the dealership, even though on initial inspection I was told it was operating as intended. There was no indication on the paper work that they did anything other than replace a fender liner and a power window regulator, which were the other two reasons I brought it in......but I digress.....very comfortable on long trips:like:

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've made two rounds trips that both included 10 and 12hr runs...
Sponsored