Sponsored

Looking for a unicorn phone mount. Any suggestions?

aFatBird

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
If you keep the 67 designs stuff you can just add a short arm from them to drop the phone down so it doesn't obstruct your vision.
Sponsored

Jclayc

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland

310H22A

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
O&G
Would something like this work?

F0AB1A7B-319C-447F-8CF8-83EE57DCF74F.jpeg
I’m currently using the Bulletpoint grab bar mount and the 4” extension with magnetic mount. Works great! My phone rests just below the vent to the right of the radio.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a unicorn phone mount. Any suggestions? D5B1C085-5D3A-42BC-82C0-F16FC109592F

Last edited:

Sponsored

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
Last 3 with the bulletpoint grab handle ball recommendation for the win. Felt the same way about the stuff all up on the dash and when dropped low then it seems to block the screen. Its also right by the charger so cords arent running everywhere.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I use the Bulletpoint but rotate the phone to landscape so it does not block my view.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
This was my solution using 67 design products... quite similar to bulletpoint ... first pic is from driver's view ... second is from from passenger (blocks about 1/6th of the right side of the uconnect screen for the passenger in the normal seated position) ... I am also running a motorola ma1 in the center armrest for Android auto ... I ran the power line for the wireless charger behind the climate controls ... super easy to do this... this is a little bit of the Frankenstein setup that you mention in the OP, but it was what I landed on with similar goals ... the other option would be to do something similar to what I did for my passenger, but when I tried it, it was a little too close to the blinker stalk for my liking

16736372246676699253639335163645.jpg

16736375797471956156253125453255.jpg

16736379728293337404482510908923.jpg

OP
OP
MonkeySkunks

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
This was my solution using 67 design products... quite similar to bulletpoint ... first pic is from driver's view ... second is from from passenger (blocks about 1/6th of the right side of the uconnect screen for the passenger in the normal seated position) ... I am also running a motorola ma1 in the center armrest for Android auto ... I ran the power line for the wireless charger behind the climate controls ... super easy to do this... this is a little bit of the Frankenstein setup that you mention in the OP, but it was what I landed on with similar goals ... the other option would be to do something similar to what I did for my passenger, but when I tried it, it was a little too close to the blinker stalk for my liking
I like that setup. On the passenger side out of my way but imposes less on the passenger than coming off the dash grab bar bolt.

Sponsored

KSP938

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Occupation
Trooper
Course motorsports
best mount I've ever owned
coursemotorsports.com

OP
OP
MonkeySkunks

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Course motorsports
best mount I've ever owned
coursemotorsports.com
You using the magnet or the grip? The magnet looks like it puts it up in front of the windshield again but the grip looks lower where I would want it. If you have the grip, how tight is it because I have buttons there?

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Came here to mention CMM mount. I have it and it's great. Perfect place, and I not longer use my bulletproof mount at all.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Installed the 67 designs driver side phone mount yesterday then proceeded to uninstall the 67 designs driver side phone mount. The mount is pretty awesome and holds my phone great. The windshield on these things is small enough already, toss a medium sized phone in front of it and I can't see *****. Are you guys/girls really driving around with a phone up in the middle of your windshield?

I've read through most of the various phone mount threads but I may have missed a few. There doesn't seem to be much space anywhere in/on the dash for a phone to go but I'm hoping someone else has gone down the exact same rabbit hole and can give some advice. These are the things I'm looking for in a phone mount:
  • Prefer no drilling or adhesive to "visible" dash components
  • No vent clips or blocking the vents
  • Needs to be somewhere on the center stack so I can utilize android auto via usb cable (I use it constantly)
  • Prefer it to be on driver side so it doesn't impose on passenger space
  • Current phone doesn't work with magnetic mounts
  • Phone has to be positioned to be accessible while driving, not block the windshield, buttons, screens or airbags.
  • Dash bars that install across to the grab handles don't work because my CMM mirror mounts are there.
An articulated arm of some sort using the 67d components might work well to get the phone down out of the windshield but I haven't come across anything that isn't frankensteined out of multiple arms and balls.

The ball mount that replace the passenger side grab bar bolts looks like the closest thing to what I need but I don't like it being on the passenger side. Any similar mount positions on the driver side I'm not thinking off?

Anyone got any ideas? If it comes down to it I guess I'll have to figure out my own solution or just keep using the slot between the cupholders.
This is my solution, no complaints. I added 1/4" rubber grommets as gripper/shock absorbers on each of the 4 protrusions. Uses the 2 stock screws in the dash under the center rubber mat.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for a unicorn phone mount. Any suggestions? 1673646848754

https://a.co/iO0TNdZ
Sponsored