Max tow max tow max tow.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
My first real build consideration was a Sport S Max Tow. However, spending a few months on the forum & building different configurations helped me figure out the model I really want. I also wanted a manual transmission for my first Jeep, so I test drove one & loved it. Couldn’t figure out what all the complaining was about? I realized that I have nothing to tow, so what in the world do I need a max tow for? I do a lot of camping & kayaking at the most I may pull a small trailer for camping gear / kayaks, I won’t even get close to the 4000 Lb limit. Payload was a much more important consideration, as I will be loading my gladiator pretty good at times. So a manual Sports S with a 1600 Lb payload & all the options I want fits the Bill for me. Ordered it on 12/ 11 from Tri-City Jeep, just waiting for the good news of its arrival!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
My first real build consideration was a Sport S Max Tow. However, spending a few months on the forum & building different configurations helped me figure out the model I really want. I also wanted a manual transmission for my first Jeep, so I test drove one & loved it. Couldn’t figure out what all the complaining was about? I realized that I have nothing to tow, so what in the world do I need a max tow for? I do a lot of camping & kayaking at the most I may pull a small trailer for camping gear / kayaks, I won’t even get close to the 4000 Lb limit. Payload was a much more important consideration, as I will be loading my gladiator pretty good at times. So a manual Sports S with a 1600 Lb payload & all the options I want fits the Bill for me. Ordered it on 12/ 11 from Tri-City Jeep, just waiting for the good news of its arrival!
I think a lot of people are like me and got Max Tow for the upgrades it brings like the 4.10s, wider axles, HD brakes, and larger rad. Or at least that's why I got it, those all seem like worthwhile upgrades to me for everyday driving and playing in dirt when I want, since I don't tow :)

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Max tow models also have max speed of 110 mph, faster than the others.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Maybe the min tow Mojaves and Rubicons have some envy.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
According to the thread you referenced (I went all the way through it), only Rubicon is limited to 97.
I thought Mojaves were also limited to 97 mph along with the Rubicons because they both share the same unique sets of OEM tires, but I been wrong before.
Sponsored