Mods you regret

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Mopar grab handles. Hate them. They flip and hit the window everytime you hit a bump. Very annoying. Going take the off the next time I have the top off.
oh do I have some good news for you! I had this same problem on my JL but went ahead and got the handles for my JT for the kids and wife. Well guess what, they don’t slap the windows on the JT. Why? I put the JLs on wrong! The rear handles are longer. If you put them up front like I did, they’ll hit the window but if you use the front handles for front, no problem! The correct location is printed really small on the back of the handles.
Sponsored

engineeering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I really don't like my step rails. Got'em for my wife cause she can't get in... pulled her back last time. They work great... but look terrible. Plus, most bolt-on steps are not compatible with the rubicon sliders... so it wasn't a 30min install... more like 3.5 hours. Every time I see my truck... all I see is those rails. Will hack them off at some point.

oh... and my 20"x10 rim and 37" tire package. the bore on the bolt holes in the rims are crazy small... so the new M14 nuts don't fit. Also.. the short sidewall with load range E is very stiff even at very low psi. :/

OP
OP
Georgia Jeeper

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
35” BFG KM3s
Icon Alloy Rebounds
Line-X

After many sets of KO2s, I thought I’d try mud terrains. The Falcon mud terrains that came from factory weren’t too loud and rode pretty good. But the KM3s were much louder and rode a little rough. And like many others have said, I should have went straight to 37s. The KO2 37s run small so they’re just a little taller than the 35 KM3s, aren’t loud at all, and ride great. This tire and the Mopar 2” lift is the perfect combo IMO.

As for the Icons, I really didn’t like the stance. They stuck out past the fenders and slung debris everywhere. The quality felt cheap, they scratched easily, and even began to rust after a few months.

The Line-X was mostly just a bad install. They rushed it and you can tell. I don’t love the shiny “premium” finish. Should have gone standard. Not sure if rhino would have been better. I think factory would have been best.
Line-X left a really bad taste in my mouth as well. The actual liner itself looks great. I went with the premium as well, and really love how it looks. My problem was also with the installers. I went to a well rated shop, but they managed to get overspray and black smudges all over the exterior of my red bed and it was very difficult to remove. I would be very hesitant to take another new truck to get Line-x'd after that experience.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I regret ordering the mopar grab handles. I have a soft top and the rear handles don't fit. I installed the front ones before I realized the back ones don't fit. Eventually I'll replace front and get something I can install in rear also.

My other regret is the premium audio I ordered with truck. The 8.4" radio is nice but the speakers sound like shit. I didn't realize that the speakers were exactly the same as the the cheap radio other than a sub.
There's much more with the 8.4 over the 7" screen.
Screenshot_20210216-184239.png

I got mine from factory, but I've never been satisfied with the way they sit. Kind of pushed up a bit where the carpet cut out thing is. Could just be that they are misaligned and I need to position them better.

But - where exactly did you cut? Might need to do this as well. Do you have a picture?
Take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like you had better weather than we did.
I admit, I don't put it on a lot but do carry it in the JL when I pull the HT/Doors, "just in case"
I don't have one yet, but I'm assuming I will get one this year for this reason. I could have it ten years and never use it, but having it makes me more comfortable going w/out doors or top. I definitely don't think I would do a weekend camping trip in Colorado without tops or doors unless I had the cover. Afternoon rain is par for the course.

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
There's much more with the 8.4 over the 7" screen.
Jeep Gladiator Mods you regret Screenshot_20210216-184239

Take it to the dealership and have them fix it.
6 of those items came with my 7", but I still replaced it with a Stinger.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mopar grab handles. Hate them. They flip and hit the window everytime you hit a bump. Very annoying. Going take the off the next time I have the top off.
Weird - I've had the front AND back Mopar grab handles for almost a year and have never had them even come close to the windows - on-street or off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

MARSSIVPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Same with me. However I cut the extended part off and bought extra floor plugs and filled the hole in the floor mat. They are ok now
This - Very easy and you can get the plugs for a few bucks on Amazon.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I regret the weathertech floor mats. Ended up needing to rip up the carpet anyways and now can't stomach the cost of the armalite flooring due to having dropped so much on these.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mopar all weather floor mats, with drian hole. I didnt do the research and i dont like that you have to cut hole in carpet to install them, if you dont they dont fit rite, and dealership wont take them back
Cut the funnel under the mat that's what I did and they fit perfect. Im never going to need to drain the Jeep just need to take care of dirty boots

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have one yet, but I'm assuming I will get one this year for this reason. I could have it ten years and never use it, but having it makes me more comfortable going w/out doors or top. I definitely don't think I would do a weekend camping trip in Colorado without tops or doors unless I had the cover. Afternoon rain is par for the course.
Ok, I'm going to jump in here as a noob and ask the question...
I love to remove my freedom tops. But they take up space in the back seat. I don't want to leave them at home.

I would love to remove the tops and doors on a nice sunny day. But again, living in Missouri, weather changes on a dime sometimes. I would hate to be away from home, tops off, doors off, and BAM here comes the rain.

What is the cover you're talking about? Is it kept in the rear bed or something, and you can toss on in a rainstorm?

OP
OP
Georgia Jeeper

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
[QUOTE="Yallaen, post: 663393, member

What is the cover you're talking about? Is it kept in the rear bed or something, and you can toss on in a rainstorm?
[/QUOTE]

It is a cab cover. They roll up into a bag that you can throw in your back seat or bed, and then throw it over the cab if it starts raining, or if you are going to be leaving it parked outside all day. I had one for my Wrangler, and it saved me more times than I can count.

Screenshot_20210226-125026.png
Sponsored